Questions for Yamato

Graham

not so much a question, but get them in an armlock until they promise to bring out Macross toys in smaller sized boxes!

MacrossWorld Forums

Yamato Questions

Interviewer: Graham Parkes

Date: Monday 5th February 2007.

General Issues

Can Yamato allow Graham to please give us more information about new releases earlier?

How do you plan on overcoming the breakage issues that have occurred with the VF-0/YF-19 releases? Will POM be used more often as a result?

Will Yamato supply parts for the international market in the case of breakage due to personal misadventure or production issues?

Will Yamato ever use anything else but plastics for their products?

Will they lower their future price points?

Will Yamato consider a 'Quality Assured' sticker on the box? It should MEAN that the product underwent proper user testing for such issues as too-low tolerances for designed parts and materials, plus factory measures to ensure manufacturing processes are up to par (read: over tightened screws, glue spillage, misaligned printing, missing/wrong parts etc)?

Is there anyway to improve first-release quality control?

Why has there been lately so many quality issues?

Can Yamato make the replacement VF-0 parts available at no cost to large e-retail people like Twin Moons?

Will Yamato give VF-0s owners the garland treatment and just outright replace them?

Will Yamato consider a contest where fans are allowed to vote or suggest a possible non Canon schemes for a future release?

Can Yamato improve their box art? (Refer to Tenjin Hidetaka works)

What licences do Yamato currently possess?

Will Yamato still plan on producing Macross products far into the foreseeable future?

Is Yamato able to improve the sticker quality for future releases?

Will further toys come with more tampo markings?

Is Mospeada the "other popular transforming mecha of the 80's?

Why won't you let Graham tell us what the 80s robot show is? I think if we all knew ahead of time we could better prepare to afford the toys. What happens if a fan can't buy them on release (not enough money) and then has to wait a long time to save up before he can get the toy? And then has to pay a higher amount later because the toy is harder to find or the availability is scarce allowing various sellers to price gouge?

General Production Issues

1/60 YF-19 Requests

Also are they going to make a VF-19A Ravens Colour Scheme?

Will the upper arm tightness and gunpod issue be fixed in future releases?

Will it be possible to improve the YF-19 in Battroid Mode by adding a locking mechanism just like the 1/48s were improved with the nosecone design?

Will the 2nd version of the YF-19 with hardpoints beneath the wings be release this year with improved QC?

Will Yamato be planning any non-canon schemes?

1/60 VF-0 Requests

Is there a VF-0S second issue with the VF-0A/POM fixes planned?

Will there be another reissue of the Roy VF-0S as a standalone?

Will there be an opportunity to purchase the (grey) Ghost alone for those who already have a VF-0A and VF-0S? Rather than having to purchase a whole new bundle?

Will the New standalone Ghost be able to mount to a VF-0A or S? What accessories does it include?

Is there a VF-0B and D in the works? GBP Armour?

1/48 VF-1 Requests and Issues

Will the Max and Millia be re-released again? Particularly with FAST Packs?

Will you still consider producing 1/48 Scale Valkyries? (Refer to NightmareB4Macross’ project as proof of concept).

Any new 1/48 VF-1 schemes planned for the year?

Is a 1/48 VF-1 Enigma scheme a possibility? Minmay Guard?

Will there be a consideration to make the Low Vis v1 in 1S format?

Will there be a consideration to make the DYRL? VF-1S Max?

Will there be a consideration to make the TV VF-1A Max?

Will there be a consideration to make the TV VF-1A Kakizaki?

Can we get a new 1/48 to go with the urban camo GBP?

Will Yamato be able to produce the ThunderHammer Armoured Valkyrie?

Can they stop printing Skull logos on the tailfins of Non Canon releases for customisers?

Can we expect a clear version of the 1/48 armored parts in our lifetime?

1/60 SV-51

Which SV-51 releases are planned, and when? (Ivanov, Nora, and CF?)

Fans are worried for the SV-51 release due to problematic previous releases as well as a fragile looking design of the SV-51 itself. Will yamato be using better materials and do a proper stress test to ensure the production release of the SV-51 will be free from these problems?

Future Project Requests

Will there be more Macross Plus releases? (i.e. YF-21? VF-11? Ghost X-9?)

Will you plan on producing VFs from other series? (i.e. VF-4G from Flashback 2012, VF-9 Cutlass from Macross M3 Games, Stampeed Valkyrie, Armoured GERWALK?)

Will you consider buying the M7 licence and producing new toys? (i.e. VF-17 Nightmares?)

Will you consider producing character figures?

Will you consider producing 1/60 scale Destroids other than the assumed to be abandoned MK-II Monster? (e.g. Tomahawk, Spartan...)

Any plans for an SDF-1? Both TV and DYRL??

Will Yamato consider producing the purple Q-Rau?

Will Yamato consider producing more enemy mecha?

When can we expect Yamato to sell Macross toys in the US?

We have seen the monster from VFX-2. Did this do well? What are the chances we see other mecha like the Variable Glaug or others in the near or long term future?

In future?

Is it possible to redesign the hands of future releases? A design akin to Bandai’s MG Gundams?

What is Yamato's plan for Macross' 25th Anniversary?

Whew. Hope Graham gets this before he goes.

Don't forget to commend them on the current work of the SV-51. I love their interpretation. If it's QC free and tight, even better.

[borat] Very nice. [/borat]

Edited by kensei

Whew. Hope Graham gets this before he goes.

after all that compiling, i hope he does as well for your sake man ;)

even if only half get answered, it should still be interesting

Nah it's cool, it helps with the redundant questions, people ask the same thing over and over you see.

I suggest copy and pasting it into word and then bulletpointing them before printing Graham. Damn forum software only lets you do that one at a time, and I just got home.

I have a couple of questions too! Damn, I'm late to the party.

Why isnt the Ghost the proper color? It should be dark grey.

Will the gunpod fix be ready in time fore the 19/booster combo release?

When will the 19/booster be released?

Will there be a Reactive Armor for the VF-0S?