Engage Planet KISSDUM. Coming 2007

UN Spacy

i´m going to agree with nightbat regarding to the character´s designs. in my opinion fighter pilots, specially VF pilots should look tough or cool, not like wussy kids. other than that i would need to se this to make a more fair judgment but still the fact that it does not wear the name macross has already made me feel not to interested, no matter how cool the fighters look

Edited by striderhiryu

While it looks kind of interesting I find myself once again saying:

Kiss dum? What? Does that translate to somthing or is it just more jibberish names like "Pumpkin Scissors"? I mean, does the name "kiss dum" "sound" cool in Japanese? As hard as I try I can't fathom some of these show names lately... :huh:

It's not a new thing either... "Gundam", "Votoms", "Dougram", "Dorvack", etc. etc. etc. All these made-up names start to boggle the mind after a while. At least Macross has a sort-of explanation as to why it has the name it has... which is why I ask if this "kiss dum" name has some sort of relevance to the show or the characters or something.

Given the overall Macross Zero perception, I'd say that's a good thing. IMHO, Macross Zero gave us the VF-0 and a CGI transformation sequence for the ages, other than that, the story sucked ass.

I say let Macross stand as is, no need to re-visit it, the original series, DYRL, Plus, 7 are all good enough for me.

That´s because Kawamori was behind the Story concept and was also the Director for M0. Same for Aquarion; and both lacked in the plot development department. B))

IMHO, if there ever is another Macross series (no more ova or movies please :wacko: ) I beg for BW and SN NOT to hire Kawamori as director, let him use his talent where its required: mecha designs.

Just look at all the animes he´s NOT worked as a director, most of them rock, eg. SDF Macross, Eureka 7. :)

I´m not satisfied with what´s being done, not when M0 is still not properly tied to the future of the Macross unniverse as it was supposed to be from early staff interviews ( ¨M0 events being disclosed after 40-50 years¨) and specially when the fans were so dissapointed and subsequently divided by M7.

There´s still plenty of room for more stories and more mechs.

Also, we might have chance given the fact that SK is only doing the mechas and not working fulltime, he might have time for a late 2007 Macross project, but then again we´ve got Aquarion on our way ( <_<:angry: )

Edited by Aegis!

While it looks kind of interesting I find myself once again saying:

Kiss dum? What? Does that translate to somthing or is it just more jibberish names like "Pumpkin Scissors"? I mean, does the name "kiss dum" "sound" cool in Japanese? As hard as I try I can't fathom some of these show names lately... :huh:

Correction: Kissdum. One word.

I do not know what the title of the HTML used in the homepage has it broken into two words. But the title logo is written as "Engage Planet Kissdum."

All I ask is that they don't "imagineer" "western" sounding names like they did in Gundam SEED. I think that show may be the only example of Engrish names.

Too late. Can't stop it. Foreign languages (basically only English for the past decade or two) not only sound cool, but ARE cool to Japanese - especially trendy Japanese. In fact, the only Japanese who don't find English cool, are the ones who attend my classes. <_< Though, they do go and make their own butchered English words which they perceive as cool.*

So... yeah, it'll be easier to understand the mindstate of Shibuya garlz and random obatallion, then why more and more English is cropping up in more and more bad, and incorrect ways. The latest that I bothered to remember is what some economist wanted to call a series of micro-bubble in the economy: froth. Is that just not right? Frothy economy. I remember it entirely because of disgust.

So, lets hope that the kiss in キスダム doesn't mean kiss (as that's the standard kana-ization of the word,) and cross our fingers that an explanation isn't forthcoming. Just bring on the transforming VF-esque jets!

* It should also be noted that Japanese tend to truncate words (nothing new, happens in English all the time. television = TV, etc..) But the Japanese do it in a different way. television becomes terebi. ice cream is aisu. Kansai International airport (関西国際空港) is kankuu (関空). United Nations (国際連åˆ) is Kokuren (国連). Maybe it's becoming clear how difficult it is to translate Macross text from Japanese, yes no? Not to mention that the producers have stressed non-standard translations and romanizations... @.@

Whenever I start to feel old, I like to sit back, relax, and check out what people here are saying about new anime. :lol:

Seriously, though. The fighter looks great...what we see of it. I'd like to see some clearer shots of that machine before heaping praise on it. I like the main picture posted at the beginning of the thread, quite a bit. The character designs have that Eureaka 7/FLCL vibe, but I do feel they look more toned down, less imaginative. I'm fine with them, but they could be better. I especially like the masked character who reminds me very much of older anime style, less Char, more villains from, say, Gatchaman or Mazinger Z.

Maybe this is the answer to Egan Loo's enigmatic mentioning of Kawamori-sama's personal opinion of the VF-4?

I must be out of the loop, what was this?

I ain't sold on the animation of the characters either. VFs look cool though.

I must have missed it, where was the animation?

I must be out of the loop, what was this?

Buried in this topic somewhere either on this page or the following: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...0552&st=120

You may want to read the topic up to that point. Not sure if the posts will make sense out of context.

Puzzles me why a lot of you think Yamato would be the one to make toys of this. I am thinking more along the lines of bandai doing it, I mean they did do Aquarion and Eureka 7 toys.

The anime looks nice so far, and I am a sucker for anything with transforming fighters. Bring it on!

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Looks like there are at least two transforming mecha... the YF-19/VF-4/VF-0 love child and a subsonic plane which has a forward section similar to the VA-6 and it's partial transformation reminds me of the Logan(?) from Southern Cross which had like a Gerwalk like transformation and that was about it.

Here's a Babel Fish translation of the introduction page:

AD 2031 -. Before the mankind who continues prosperity, suspicious looking life body "Hardy who appears un". And, that multiplied a certain day, as suddenly, started attacking to the mankind! That "Hardy un" you investigated, were organized mankind defense to purpose "N.I.D.F. "As for fighter plane pilot 哀 feather シュウ, by" Hardy the ・ ・ ・ which keeps being involved un "with fight! and, N.I.D.F. It remains in handing down where the flow princess 那 reason 乃 of scientific chief arrives to the midst of investigation puzzle "of the book of the deceased"? And, as for "Hardy un" with relationship! ? Now, the ・ ・ ・ where the heroical war which bets mankind continuance starts.

AD 2031 -. Before the mankind who continues prosperity, suspicious looking life body "Hardy who appears un". And, that multiplied a certain day, as suddenly, started attacking to the mankind! That "Hardy un" you investigated, were organized mankind defense to purpose "N.I.D.F. "As for fighter plane pilot 哀 feather シュウ, by" Hardy the ・ ・ ・ which keeps being involved un "with fight! and, N.I.D.F. It remains in handing down where the flow princess 那 reason 乃 of scientific chief arrives to the midst of investigation puzzle "of the book of the deceased"? And, as for "Hardy un" with relationship! ? Now, the ・ ・ ・ where the heroical war which bets mankind continuance starts.

Well, that clears things up! :blink:

Looks like there are at least two transforming mecha... the YF-19/VF-4/VF-0 love child and a subsonic plane which has a forward section similar to the VA-6 and it's partial transformation reminds me of the Logan(?) from Southern Cross which had like a Gerwalk like transformation and that was about it.

That's what I thought about the one plane as well, but thought I might be imagining things.

My translation of the translation:

A new life form called "Hardy un" (I won't even try) shows up at a time when the human race is at the peak of prosperity. It rapidly grows and attacks humanity. The NIDF was formed to fight Hardy un. The scientist "Flow princess" shows up to investigate the relationship between The Book of the Dead and Hardy un. (And if I get the middle part right, Flow Princess and the hero-boy-pilot will be the main pairing in the relationship category)

Of course, I could be totally wrong. Ever see the grammar test that is simply a letter missing all the punctuation? Depending where you put the commas and periods, it's either a love letter or hate mail. And each option is equally grammatically correct. And that's a situation in your own language! (the troubles of translation)

David Hingtgen Posted Today, 06:56 AM: Ever see the grammar test that is simply a letter missing all the punctuation? Depending where you put the commas and periods, it's either a love letter or hate mail. And each option is equally grammatically correct. And that's a situation in your own language!

Well put, I've seen several examples of just that example, and some of them were by mistake, not on purpose in order to make a point.