Engage Planet KISSDUM. Coming 2007

UN Spacy

I'm liking it actually.

I'm wondering wether the NES-2 walker can dock with NES-1 and vice versa, despite not being optimized for it.

At least it looks possible.

Perhaps this kind of interchangability will be shown in the series.

Edited by T.V.

It's like the core fighter of gundam but it transforms. It looks like the zentradi made these mecha. :D The Regult is back!

IPB Image

actually from the side it looks like a glaug with VF-0s battroid arms atached to it. Wierd. I like that the robots are small and not giant sized though. If this is as good as E7 I will be watching.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The mecha look like slimmer ED-209s to me with YF-19-like crotch and as lowviz pointed out, VF-0 arms.

...New Toy concept: buy several toys from different animes and movies to build your own Kissdum mecha :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, shades of Outlaw Star with the arms emerging from the front of the fighters - Kawamori did some design work for that, didn't he?

Now that you mention it the Outlaw Star does seem kinda Kawamoriy,

Zinc Panic only lists, Ishigaki Junya as designer

http://www.zincpanic.com/character/8046.html

But Anime news network does have him down for mechanical design for Outlaw Star,

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...eople.php?id=31

Yeah but it also looks adventure-ish if you know what I mean? Dropping out of the plane like that and gerwalk boosting just before he touches ground yf-19 like.

Hopefully they come up with interesting action within the confines of a realistic robot show that although done sytlistically, you can believe it would be possible. (ie no floaty rocks and stuff)

Maybe Basara lives on planet kissdum as a monk and these character have got to find basara to save the universe again from some demonic army from another dimension before its too late so they are exploring planets with these glaugs? hah just kidding. But it does look like macross zero a little. Thanks for linking the trailer..

Edit: yeah those arms do remind me of outlaw star alittle now when I think about it. Maybe if they extended and acted as grappling arms but I get the feeling these arms are more like only to carry weapons not used for attaching to the hull of a ship to wrestle with it while the other ship tries to escape from the pirates who want to loot the cargo. Claws would be more suitable for that. The unerwater vehicles arms remind me of the octos.

I wonder if other mecha will be named after game consoles? The megadrive, the super nintendo entertainment system, the turbografx etc.. :D

Good point. I'm half expecting the S-NES to show up in the later episodes to kick some major arse.

Fast pack equipped or not.

Yeah but it also looks adventure-ish if you know what I mean? Dropping out of the plane like that and gerwalk boosting just before he touches ground yf-19 like.

Hopefully they come up with interesting action within the confines of a realistic robot show that although done sytlistically, you can believe it would be possible. (ie no floaty rocks and stuff)

I thought that the drop-out part was very smartly done! Not much excessive movement, slightly boring to watch though... But why go for realism? The jet/walker separation already destoried that premise, as did the further morphing of the walkers body.

Hopefully there will be a better version posted this weekend.

You know what I mean by realism. Like how in macross you know a destroid moves slow and there is a sense of weight when a monster tries to step on something? Or how in macross zero they used claws to grip the floor so it would lessen recoil? (also reinforces the idea it is just an artillery mech)

The opposite of that would be say gundam wing where a single shot of a beam rifle is enough to penetrate anything but no one else has that model of the robot. Plus its not a mega beam rifle, just a normal sized one. It's hard to believe an SDF-1 cannon could fit into robot's gun that way. Otherwise why not equip all the other robots with it? Just little considerations like that for balance.

I mean macross wasn't real when you think about it but the way a robot would move around and stuff gave you a sense that there is some pseudo-level of realism in motion. (ie the valk skating on the ground or rolling to avoid fire - things that I can imagine being hard to do but looking at it and seeing the slow speed gives you the feeling that the robot isn't a human doing it but still a machine moving around. If it falls you will see it doing it slowly and crashing down with a loud "thud" and the ground or camera shakes with energy)

These are only smallish mecha anyway. So maybe it won't matter. This is just a little nit pick of mine. What I mean is decide whether it is G gundam style arena type fighting with fictional special moves, and fancy robots or people or things with no weight (ie master asia being able to jump really high into the air cuz he is "soooo awesome" so there is no reason to explain) or....a robot show with consequences for getting it damaged and needing to be careful. (if parts get wrecked it is as if you can't use it anymore putting you out of the fight or having a handicap just like it was a real machine that can break down)

Eg: No one died in Wing, the hero could withstand an explosion and not die, there was little need for a robot team if the single robot had a weapon that could just wipe a whole city block of robots with 1 shot. That kind of thing. Just realism stuff. They did it in 8th ms team when having them use the trees to hide, or shoot from long range to avoid alerting the enemy, and consider some kind of tactics because they are not super duper newtype people with super duper reflexes who can read minds. What appeals is HOW they overcome a challenge like that using skills as opposed to just being super duper people. It's not easy for me to explain but compare a fight of g-gundam (all kinds of crazy moves right out of a fantasy kung fu flick) to a fight in ghost in the shell tv series. One is all about fancy attacks, (street fighter?) the other is grounded in some level of believability. Kusanagi is able to jump down from a great height and cause a crack on the ground because she is heavy and won't break bones because she is a cyborg. But light enough to still flip around and stuff. There is no fancy super move to win, or a weapon the does all the work, just reliance on the skill/training or whatever. Her body is still destructible, which is realistic, like the robot that gets wrecked, but majority of the time you feel a sense that there is some kind of risk or danger associated with doing the crazy stuff. (no "Master Asia" level of magic physics in the show, or people that can survive an explosion and wake up without much injury. It sort of cheapens the idea of "death" when people don't actually die when they should have, reminding you that "its just a show" which forces you to not take it as seriously and then as a result you lose interest)

What I want is a balance of stylistic action but with the realism we are used to from older shows that makes the world and situations believable. So a person outnumbered and surrounded can't just rely on super duper weapon that will kill anything and then that's it, end of fight. They would need to take them down considering limits of thier own machine like its speed, weapons of enemy, the range the weapons are effective at, thier own skill level vs everyone else, and what environment the battle is fought in. (a qrau in macross is clumsy in a corridor for example. A mech that can strafe in the open-ness of space might not be able to take advantage of this skill in a smaller confined area for example) You don't get that anymore these days.

It looks like it shows plenty of movement to me, it shows a nice thud when the pod touches down and the missile hatch judders when it pops open

Anyways, full hi-res trailer now up on the official site but it's one of those annoying streaming videos that my computer seems to hate. :( Is there a way to make it download instead?

http://www.kissdum.com/index2.html

Good point. I'm half expecting the S-NES to show up in the later episodes to kick some major arse.

Fast pack equipped or not.

lol, then an N-64 in the sequel. :lol:

Edited by Fort Max

You know what I mean by realism. Like how in macross you know a destroid moves slow and there is a sense of weight when a monster tries to step on something? Or how in macross zero they used claws to grip the floor so it would lessen recoil? (also reinforces the idea it is just an artillery mech)

The opposite of that would be say gundam wing where a single shot of a beam rifle is enough to penetrate anything but no one else has that model of the robot. Plus its not a mega beam rifle, just a normal sized one. It's hard to believe an SDF-1 cannon could fit into robot's gun that way. Otherwise why not equip all the other robots with it? Just little considerations like that for balance.

Basically 'the little details' and a 'low' amount of Super moves.