Engage Planet KISSDUM. Coming 2007

UN Spacy

Do fansubs usually take this long to show up?

If no one is going to sub it, then yes, it will take this long.

I think it´s in the best interest of every macross fan that Kissdum does well. Why ? because it´s the testing ground for the next Macross Series.

People say that but I'm not sure that's the best way to look at this show. Kawamori may be doing the mecha designs and Satelight doing the principal animation, but this production isn't Kawamori's idea.

With that, I have seen the first episode, and well...the animation and CG were definitely good. Definitely reflects Satelight's style. Kawamori's and Sushio's designs are good as well. But Nagaoka's direction style has me confused. I'm not sure random jumping is a good thing for this series. There are rumors that this production had trouble getting anywhere and this first episode only seems to reinforce that notion. I can't say that this is the best first episode I've come across and it has potential if it could become less random. But I'll probably join bsu and skip this series.

And really the only thing carrying over from Kissdum to Macross:Flyer are the techniques Satelight learned from making Kissdum. Its like Azrael stated above, this isn't Kawamori's show, just his mecha design.

From what you guys say, the flaws are not so much in the animation itself, but the direction. If the animation is good, Macross:Flyer should be about the same level if not better.

Just finished watching the RAW and then a Chinese sub.

My first impression was that the overall ambience feels very much like Evangelion with a dash of Macross.

1) Book of the Dead / Deceased (although a saber) => Dead Sea Scrolls

2) Hadean / Hadian (from Hades) => Angels

3) Kyouka => Commander Ikari

The initial shipwrecking event reminds of Second Impact.

Battles with mysterious creatures in Tokyo and main character going through dramatic experience (Shu stabbed by "Book" of the Dead => Shinji / EVA-1's rampage) seemed all too familiar.

However, resemblance to another great anime classic aside, it does seem like a show with potential.

At least I liked it, and look forward to more. II Mix Delta only adds to the appeal.

• 2 weeks later...

boo, I don't see the subtitles and I d/l and installed their "pack"

NVM, I tried playback with the divx player and it works fine. it's just windows media player that it doesn't like, for me anyways.

Edited by eugimon

Ya, so i watched the first ep last night :mellow:

Lets say it looked really really good (visually) but sure is confusing as hell. Series these days seem to be lacking that all important thing called 'introduction' and 'proper pacing'. I really hope that the 2nd ep will go back and explain things a little.

Ya, so i watched the first ep last night :mellow:

Lets say it looked really really good (visually) but sure is confusing as hell. Series these days seem to be lacking that all important thing called 'introduction' and 'proper pacing'. I really hope that the 2nd ep will go back and explain things a little.

Ditto

Do fansubs usually take this long to show up?

It depends on the hype surrounding the show. I've heard buzz on Lucky Star, and Darker than Black, and not much on KISSDUM. Hence dozens for the former, and one for the latter. I'm still waiting on Towards the Terra. I had to grab a raw for that one.

I'll grab it once I clear some space.

HERE we go Macrossworld!

The first episode of KISSDUM finally subbed!

Grab it HERE!

I dl'ed this and sat back to watch it just now only to find absolutely no subtitles, what gives?

I'm using VLC media player if that's any help.

Somebody pls help, I've really been looking forward to this one. :(

Just use the Klite Codec Pack + Media Player Classic. Plays anything on the internet. Not sure why there's quite a number of people with .mkv problems.

1st episode...pretty good. Not much action from the mecha though since they were mostly getting pwned througout the episode.

Edited by wolfx

D'uh, gotta switch the subtitles on... shoulda thought of that. Thanks guys. :D

Not much action from the mecha though since they were mostly getting pwned througout the episode.

Yeah, I was quite surprised by that. Seems like this show isn't going to be selling itself on it's mecha.

There was a bit of loli but it was tolerable for me so didn't spoil the show. A lot of characters though, it's gonna be a fair few episodes before I can remember all their names, fortunate then that they're mostly quite distinctive from each other.

A big Boo, Hiss for "Char" not getting much screen time in this episode. :p

Overall it seemed horrendously complicated but shows a fair bit of promise, I'll keep watching.

I thought it was kind of stupid and overcomplicated to the point of boredom.

If a show doesn't GRAB you within the first two episodes (ie, like Eureka Seven), there's at least a 50% chance that the rest of the show is going to be mediocre.

The main part I didn't like was all of the random people dieing (it just seems pointless to give characters names if you're going to kill them off 3 seconds later)...

Mac users. Go HERE! OR RATHER download this

http://mplayer.andiyar.com/files/MPlayer-custom.dmg

Its a custom build of Mplayer that enables softsubs. Press v or b to cycle through the subs, eventually it will show up. Try either for other mkv's too. From what I here, mkv works better than avi and has more advantages. Also, it plays a LOT better in Mplayer than VLC. Come to think of it VLC lags in comparison to Mplayer!

Mplayer is very fast, so I reccomend it!

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Chinese subs are released at a much faster rate, so I've just finished watching ep. 3.

Serious Spoilers Alert

After 3 episodes, I'm convinced that although quite well-made, Kissdum is a Eva derivative with a small dash of Macross.

Although "the good guys" pilot transformable mecha like Viper and Dolphin, these are usually as useless against the Hadian as VF-11s were on Protodeviln. Io dies in ep 2, but Aiba emerges as a bio-weapon that fuses with mechanical components, with the mysterious Balder (Ba-ru-dah) as aiming / locking / seeking factor. The fact that opposing forces: Hadians and Aiba both stem from the Book of Dead is were the parallel with Eva is drawn (in which humans fought angels with angels / angel derivatives).

Kyoka turns out to be, at least superficially, sided with Hadians and critically injured Yuno at the end of ep 3. Yuno may be dead with body parts scattering all over the place, but I still doubt that's the end of her it since it's still early in the series. Aiba will probably travel to Luxor, Egypt per Yuno's instructions. The plot seems to take a grander scale, and so far I've been pleased with little twists here and there in every episode. The bullet effect with Balder is well-done with good, blood-pumping BGM.

In the music dept, II Mix Delta is obviously brilliant. What surprised me was the ending theme, performed by new artist STEPHANIE, who's set to officially debut on May 30. Marketed as "Super Clear High Tone Soprano", I don't particularly enjoy the Mariah Carey approach for hitting those high notes, but asides from that, the girl can sing and has good vocal, clearly superior to Nami Tamaki of SEED fame.

Series look promising, just that at the current rate of casualties, we may need a new cast soon. :p

Edited by John Focker

Pasted this from another forum. Sounds like an ill fated production.

First, animation studio Satellite's staff posted on BBS that this anime is way behind schedule, and they had to restart the entire project over on 2/9/07.

Then the real BOMB got dropped two weeks later...

Yokou Koube, who's an animator of the Satellite studio staff for Kiss Dum posted this following post on his own blog.

Two month till the series starts, and the director hasn't even finished the conte for the first episode. The series's concept is all in the director Yasuchika Nagaoka's head, and he wouldn't talk with the staff on the details of the series, saying "I know how it's supposed to go, don't worry."

Then the director decided this isn't gonna work out, and ran away from the project.

No one in the staff knows the full story or the setting of the story, so it's a major panic. It's little more than a month away until the first episode airs, and they lost the original creator.

The ROUGH SKETCH (conte) of the first episode isn't even finished yet!

Koube goes on to gripe that he wishes they would have simply canceled this project and forget about it... but It seems the show already has sponsors and schedule, so they have to push forward and air it....

They asked Koube to be the substitute director, but he declined.

So they are going to setup one of the Satellite crew to be substitute director, but Kouda will be doing much of directing work, without being credited.

After this BOMB got dropped, Kiss Dum attracted new type of crowd....

The crowd looking for the next MUSASHI nightmare.

Earlier this week, Kouda saw the panic his post in his blog caused, and deleted the message from his blog, and apologized for it.

So the truth is up in air right now... If in fact Nagaoka did leave the project, then this anime is DOOMED....

and so is Nagaoka's career for at least five years...

Is it too late for Big West to find another animation Co. for the new Macross?? Satelite sounds like a real clusterf$#k.

I don't think it's really a problem with the actual studio itself, but with the directors of the Kissdum project. I'm sure that Macross will probably have a totally different writing and directing staff.

Is it too late for Big West to find another animation Co. for the new Macross?? Satelite sounds like a real clusterf$#k.

Satelight isn't the problem. They're just caught in the middle. They are pushing out the episodes on-time. The problem is at the head. This is suppose to be Yasuchika Nagaoka's show. He's suppose to know where this project goes. If the rumor is true that he pulled out and left everybody else out to dry, then this is his fault. Kawamori did the designs and he came through. Sushio came through with character designs. Bandai pulled in sponsors and a great theme from Two-Mix. But then, what's the man-in-charge doing? On his blog, he reported around March that the early episodes were finished and proceeding with the voice recording. Yet, his first post in Feb. stated that the entire project was restarted. I get the feeling that Nagaoka had the idea, butted heads with the people backing him, scrapped the idea making a bunch of people pissed, then came back to his idea and tried to salvage it.