Engage Planet KISSDUM. Coming 2007

UN Spacy

Starting with Ep. 15, there is new intro animation.

Spoilers...............................

As expected, Nanao Shu has also returned to life as semi-Hadian, protecting a resurrected Yuno (no explanation to her resurrection). Nanao hides Yuno from Aiba, but does ally with him in the fights. Iera meets Yuno briefly, but Noa didn't get to. Itsuki also comes back to life, no indication yet as to whether she'll confrot or ally with Aiba.

Humans develop an effective soundwave-based weapon (no sound energy/anima spirit jokes, please) against Hadians, and plan mass production.

So does this show have good mecha action/dogfights or not?

Graham

Only a few dogfight scenes when Aiba's reminiscing, for the most part it's been techno-mythical adventure.

However, Ep. 16 shows that the newly developed soundwave-based weapons are being fitted onto mecha (Cockpit Armor), which will most likely alter its previously ineffective status.

Also, the new intro shows more mecha action (ships and mecha), will update when Ep.17 becomes available on Thursday.

Edited by John Focker

Only a few dogfight scenes when Aiba's reminiscing, for the most part it's been techno-mythical adventure.

However, Ep. 16 shows that the newly developed soundwave-based weapons are being fitted onto mecha (Cockpit Armor), which will most likely alter its previously ineffective status.

Also, the new intro shows more mecha action (ships and mecha), will update when Ep.17 becomes available on Thursday.

Soundwave weapons? I hope no1 need to sing to activate that weapon :lol: . Any dogfight with Itano circus in this series?

After finishing Eureka 7 I got addicted to Itano circus themed combat.

************************* S P O I L E R ****************************

In Ep. 17, it is revealed that Itsuki is actually a cyborg. Her father used his technology to revive her from a fatal accident. She is actually the second person to be successfully converted, the first one being Kyouka Iburi's bodyguard: Masaki (record card showed his photo).

Itsuki's intention to fight Aiba is to seek death, as she resents being a techno-monster, and claims that her father had no rights to bring her back from the dead. Aiba notices her wish to seek death from her suicidally aggressive attack patterns, and scolds her by stating no matter if they turn into monsters or anything else, everyone still want to live on, and that Aguri, Loki, and Tohn all wanted to live, and if she means to throw her life away, she should share it with them, or Yuno.

Apparently Aiba's words changed Itsuki's mind to a certain extent, as she helped out Aiba, becoming mortally wounded again in the process.

Nanao rescues Itsuki's father Prof. Sasara from Rei, and Yuno discovers that he's terminally ill. At the end of the Ep. he donates his organs to save Itsuki, who now fully understands his love and stops resenting him.

In this Ep. Itsuki piloted a converted Dolphin with blue paint scheme, and there's some rare mecha action for a change.

Rei displays supernatural powers again (she once dodged Aiba's fast with superhuman speed in an earlier episode), her eyes turned red with feline-like pupils, and cut open steel cell gates with energy emanating from her hand.

Aiba's little dodging stunts are pretty good, slightly resembling Kira Yamato's evasive maneuver with Freedom.

It seems that Nanao and Itsuki will be more likely to become Aiba's allies rather than his opponents.

Edited by John Focker

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Sorry to bump but HOW BAD did this series do in Japan?

I've heard it was a complete bust because of the director jumping ship.

Anyone know what happened?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well if there are any merchandise of it, make sure to grab it as it will surely fetch a price in the future since this is a failed animation project and will be little known in some years. :lol:

Hmm wow this looks like a total clone of macross... can't kawamori come up with anything non-macross thats actually good? Because aquarion wasn't that good. I think ill have to stay away from this... Ill add this to the list of hundreds of series out there not to watch...

Did you watch this? It wasn't all that Macross-y.

If he followed the thread as well, he would know that Kawamori's involvement was only mecha design. This series was some other director's and producer's work. But it only proves my point that people don't read... :rolleyes:

Well if there are any merchandise of it, make sure to grab it as it will surely fetch a price in the future since this is a failed animation project and will be little known in some years. :lol:

Quite right, I was slow to get the Eureka Seven models and the Nirvash Spec 2 seems never to be found.

If he followed the thread as well, he would know that Kawamori's involvement was only mecha design. This series was some other director's and producer's work. But it only proves my point that people don't read... :rolleyes:

Crap is crap regardless of who produced it...

• 2 months later...

To bring this tread back from the dead, Wave has or will release the NES.

A small photo appears on page 157 in the November Hobby Japan.

It is for sale at http://www.rakuten.co.jp/be-j/522364/864516/935694/

Doesn't look like Rakuten sells to the Engrish.

http://tokyohunter.blogspot.com/2008/08/wa...-resin-kit.html

lists the NES as a limited edition resin kit.

Looked at HLJ and nothing was there.

post-3784-1223405427_thumb.jpg

post-3784-1223405436_thumb.jpg

To bring this tread back from the dead, Wave has or will release the NES.

A small photo appears on page 157 in the November Hobby Japan.

It is for sale at http://www.rakuten.co.jp/be-j/522364/864516/935694/

Doesn't look like Rakuten sells to the Engrish.

http://tokyohunter.blogspot.com/2008/08/wa...-resin-kit.html

lists the NES as a limited edition resin kit.

Looked at HLJ and nothing was there.

HOLY $HIIIIIITTTT!!!!!

This is awesome! I am so getting this when it comes out. Thanks for the heads up! I hope I can get one.

As for as I know, all fansub efforts stalled out. And for good reason. That whole show was just a mess from episode one. I tried watching it. I didn't get very far.

The best thing Kissdum had going for it were Kawamori's mecha designs (though that was the extent of his involvement), and they didn't even use them in the show much.

But as bad as the show was, the Kawamori's designs do kick much ass. I'll buy any resin kits of them in a heartbeat.

Now, to find someone that'll be selling them...

I really enjoyed what I've seen of it and would a like a full fansubbder series.... however while the first episodes seems to indicate a pretty nice mecha series... after a few episodes it pretty much goes more into full shonen with a semi demonic heroes battling other demon like stuff with his powers :blink:

So in other word it mutate into a TOTALLY different show from what it started out to be :blink:

I like it, but that feels really weird.

There's a group called Mendoam who's doing more fansub.... but they are in terrible Engrish. Pretty much unwatchable to me.

-Sergorn

I really enjoyed what I've seen of it and would a like a full fansubbder series.... however while the first episodes seems to indicate a pretty nice mecha series... after a few episodes it pretty much goes more into full shonen with a semi demonic heroes battling other demon like stuff with his powers :blink:

So in other word it mutate into a TOTALLY different show from what it started out to be :blink:

-Sergorn

Yes, and that's the problem! It's like they needed some mecha as some eye candy, in order to draw viewers in. Having the mecha designed by Kawamori was (I believe) to draw Macross fans to the show. In the first few episodes they use them and the show looks cool, unfortunately as I have watched up to episode 8, the mecha action is few and far inbetween; as a matter of fact some of the best action takes place in a flashback episode.

Yes, and that's the problem! It's like they needed some mecha as some eye candy, in order to draw viewers in. Having the mecha designed by Kawamori was (I believe) to draw Macross fans to the show. In the first few episodes they use them and the show looks cool, unfortunately as I have watched up to episode 8, the mecha action is few and far inbetween; as a matter of fact some of the best action takes place in a flashback episode.

Well I remember reading (probably here actually) that the original director just left after only a few episodes were in the can and that he basically was the only guy knowing where the series was leading... thus forcing the production staff to basically start from scratch. I'm not sure if there is any truth to ths or not but that would explain while if feels like a totally different series after a few episodes.

The animation also drops dramatically after the first few episodes.

-Sergorn

• 2 months later...

So I finally got my NES Cockpit Armor kit today. As it turned out, it was only available from the Rakuten website, and Super Modelers, in Akihabara. A friend of mine was out there on business, and I got him to pick one up for me.

And wow. This kit is amazing. The sculpt is dead-on, the details are amazing, and the casting is top notch.

And what isn't obvious looking at any of the websites, is that it's actually a full-action posable kit. It comes with 10 sets of Wave polycaps for the joints. And the ammo feed belt is flexible after assembling! All the segments get strung together on a vinyl cord, with no glue necessary.

After some initial test fitting, it looks like assembly will be a breeze. All the attachment points either have pegs and holes, so they just fall into place, or they'll have holes on both sides for pins to be inserted. This thing's gonna fall together.

They really went all-out with this kit. I'm most impressed. And it's a bit larger than I expected too. The fuselage is about 5.25" long.

If you've got the money,and you can get your hands on one, I highly recommend it. But be warned, they're only being sold until 12/31 (I guess their license is up after then), so do what you've gotta do to get one :)

So I finally got my NES Cockpit Armor kit today. As it turned out, it was only available from the Rakuten website, and Super Modelers, in Akihabara. A friend of mine was out there on business, and I got him to pick one up for me.

And wow. This kit is amazing. The sculpt is dead-on, the details are amazing, and the casting is top notch.

And what isn't obvious looking at any of the websites, is that it's actually a full-action posable kit. It comes with 10 sets of Wave polycaps for the joints. And the ammo feed belt is flexible after assembling! All the segments get strung together on a vinyl cord, with no glue necessary.

After some initial test fitting, it looks like assembly will be a breeze. All the attachment points either have pegs and holes, so they just fall into place, or they'll have holes on both sides for pins to be inserted. This thing's gonna fall together.

They really went all-out with this kit. I'm most impressed. And it's a bit larger than I expected too. The fuselage is about 5.25" long.

If you've got the money,and you can get your hands on one, I highly recommend it. But be warned, they're only being sold until 12/31 (I guess their license is up after then), so do what you've gotta do to get one :)

Pictures? Last i've seen of this was here.

http://www.hlj.com/showreports/animefes07/...s/cimg0860.html

Pictures? Last i've seen of this was here.

http://www.hlj.com/showreports/animefes07/...s/cimg0860.html

I don't know what that is, but it's definitely not the same kit that I have.

Here's the official page for the Wave kit: http://www.hobby-wave.com/LINE_UP/gennteis...rmor/index.html

I finally got around to taking a few pics of my kit too

post-50-1229517669_thumb.jpg

Top fuselage, partially assembled

post-50-1229517665_thumb.jpg

Bottom fuselage, assembled a bit more

post-50-1229517633_thumb.jpg

Exploded view. The cockpit isn't detailed, but it's hollow, so you can add your own, if you're feeling up to the challenge

post-50-1229517639_thumb.jpg

Weapons. The little parts are the feed chain segments

post-50-1229517644_thumb.jpg

Legs. The vent parts look awesome, and fit perfectly

post-50-1229517652_thumb.jpg

Feet, hands, and thighs

post-50-1229517656_thumb.jpg

A few of the incredibly detailed parts