Would You Buy A New Perfect Variable 1/60 Vf-1?

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Would you buy a new mold PERFECT VARIABLE 1/60 VF-1 toy from yamato?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a new mold PERFECT VARIABLE 1/60 VF-1 toy from yamato?

• YES-The old 1/60 VF-1's are showing their age!
    • NO-The 1/48 keeps me happy.
    • MAYBE-New tools are intriguing..

I like the 1/60 line. I like the fact that there's so much variety with the line. I think it's the best opportunity for destroids and the like too.

Now would I buy a PV 1/60 line? Probably, BUT think of it this way....if they re-do these then it'll take them that much longer to get to other mecha. I'd rather buy new and different VFs than buy more VF-1s. I'm not burnt out yet but I have other toy priorities now.

I would buy a 1/60 PV VF-1.

I don't think it will ever happen. I STILL like the existing 1/60's (own the whole line). And I still like the proportions of the 1/60 VF-1 better (let alone the VF-1S head which is an abomination!).

412446[/snapback]

I never had a problem with the sculpt and proportions of the 1/60. I just wished it was Perfect variable. I think by removing the diecast and implementing a similar system used in the 1/48, perfect variability could be possible. That and unhindered shoulders and missles that stick onto the wings. The 1/60 never had a BP8 to worry about as well.

412449[/snapback]

Same here Shin :)

But if the good ole' 1/60 was PV the 1/48 wouldn't have even existed.

I know there's a lot of fans that want a small "high end" PV VF-1 and Yamato is the only company which can give us such item.

I would buy a new 1/60, but since I like my collection (I also own all 1/48's) I'd rather see Yamato attack other projects first:)

I still firmly hold the belief that the term "perfect variable" is flawed. It's not perfect, because the legs don't detach. The VF-1's legs are supposed to detach, not have some funky swing bar.

Of course, to make it "perfect", you need the little actuators (just little swing panels for a toy/model of course) to move the legs, but they should detach (and reattach to the nose, of course).

The use of the term "perfect variable" to refer to the use of swing bars on valks is a bit of a pet peeve of mine, if you can't tell by now.

And to the subject of 1/60s - I still love the 1/60s (and I'm looking for some more -1Ds if anyone has any ;) ). One of the real things that I feel the 1/48s have over the 1/60s is superior articulation/posability. A 1/48 in GERWALK looks a hell of a lot better than the 1/60's poor attempt at that wonderful mode. That's really the only downside of the 1/60s to me. Everything else is great. Just figure out a system with better articulation - even at the expense of diecast or other minor considerations - and I'll buy a bunch.

Of course, I buy a bunch regardless. Don't we all?

Now would I buy a PV 1/60 line? Probably, BUT think of it this way....if they re-do these then it'll take them that much longer to get to other mecha. I'd rather buy new and different VFs than buy more VF-1s. I'm not burnt out yet but I have other toy priorities now.

But if yamato was going to do it anyway (assuming that they were still going to go ahead with different valks) would you want the upgrade?

I think SDF macross and DYRL are the cash cows because of all the different variants. Maybe the poorer non-collector (like a kid who just wants a small scale toy) will buy them up (and try to get everything) because of the cheaper price point? (now that the old ones get harder to find? the "think of the children" argument)

I still firmly hold the belief that the term "perfect variable" is flawed. It's not perfect, because the legs don't detach. The VF-1's legs are supposed to detach, not have some funky swing bar.

Of course, to make it "perfect", you need the little actuators (just little swing panels for a toy/model of course) to move the legs, but they should detach (and reattach to the nose, of course).

The use of the term "perfect variable" to refer to the use of swing bars on valks is a bit of a pet peeve of mine, if you can't tell by now.

Yeah that's true. :D I guess it's the idea that the toy itself doesn't need to detatch limbs that "PT" toy people find appealing. Technically 1/60 are closer to PT, ...but.... technically at no point in the show do they "float" in mid air without being attached to something, they stay attached to something on the fighter at each point before releasing them to the hip too. So yes they do detach but not from the body of the whole thing. It must be one of the most dangerous things you can imagine.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

even though 1/60's would look nice posed together.... all of these valks have never appeared together so it doesn't really matter if they're in scale w/ each other.....

412253[/snapback]

But that's EXACTLY why a lot of us want the toys in the same scale - so we can imagine them as if they DID appear together! :)

but i'm all for a cheaper quality valk.... i wish these toys would drop below $100 again because currently... i can't believe so many people have bought into these...including myself

412253[/snapback]

"Cheaper quality?" NEVER!!!! B))

even though 1/60's would look nice posed together.... all of these valks have never appeared together so it doesn't really matter if they're in scale w/ each other.....

412253[/snapback]

But that's EXACTLY why a lot of us want the toys in the same scale - so we can imagine them as if they DID appear together! :)

but i'm all for a cheaper quality valk.... i wish these toys would drop below $100 again because currently... i can't believe so many people have bought into these...including myself

412253[/snapback]

"Cheaper quality?" NEVER!!!! B))

412691[/snapback]

I think he meant "cheaper, yet HIGH quality"

Yea I would buy a select few of them. I would definetly buy one if it was an Miria, hands down. Another I would buy would be an Skull Leader, DYRL Hikaru VF-1A and Hikaru VF-1S.

Here's an idea, how about if they just released versions of the perfect variable 1/60 that didn't get the imperfect version? We could get the following in perfect style:

1) Hikaru VF-1S (with new head!)

2) Max VF-1S (to do battle with our red QRau)

3) Hayao!

4) Gray Focker VF-1S TV

I'm sure they could come up with some others -

Jenius, new head for Hik's 1S? Where'd this come into the movie/series? Intrested! :D

..or is this you wantin them to suprise us with a new head that's not official?

I want to see a 5 laser'd head one day, always wanted to mod one of my 1/48 heads.

U know, have the 1S laser formation with an insert in there somewhere for a top mounted spike l'cannon

A 1S max would be cool, look great next to my Milia Q/Rau! :D

Makes me think about getting a Max Q/Rau now.... damn.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Frankly, the 1/48 is the way to go. Yes, I would like all the fighters in the same scale but I am not for it when I got other scale VF-1 that is perfect why screw with it? Then thing is that my wallet and for that matter, everyone's wallet will take a beating. If they want to do it right they should have done it in earlier. I know that they need to make the money back on the 1/60 molds but it is time to move on. if they stick with perfect transformation for everything on a 1/60 scale, good. I rather Yamato not waste resources to redo the 1/60s. They need to move forward on the 2 seater 1/48s and other VF series like the VF-4.

Jenius, new head for Hik's 1S? Where'd this come into the movie/series? Intrested!

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Yamato made the Focker VF-1S in 1/60 scale. That toy, however, comes with a head sculpt that looks like it was done by someone who had never seen the show. The head is squashed and just all around looks horrible. You can see pics here: VF-1S

So, I would like Yamato to actually put some effort into a new head that looks like the one in the series (simply scaling down the 1/48 one would be perfect) and then sell a Strike Hikaru VF-1S, a Super TV Focker VF-1S, and a Max VF-1S that's perfectly variable.

Well I would buy a new 1/60 VF-1.

I can't help it but I kind of feel highly irritated by the fact that the basis for the 1/60 line - the VF-1 - is craptacular compared to other current 1/60 (VF-0, Q'Rau) and probably future offerings (YF-19).

I would like to have a 1/60 VF-1

- whith a better S-type head. Hasagawa got it right and their battroid is only 1/72 scale.

- the chest plate and shoulders problem fixed (Bad, very bad design there)

- completly revamped legs. Better locking/stablizing mechanisim, knee caps and the rotation joint above the knees and not in the shin area.

• 2 months later...

Yes. The size and cost would both be more managable than 1/48. Design? The existing VF-1 design could be used. Ditch skeletor hands entirely and go with swappables to save cost. Same with the headshield. Incorporate the rest of the 1/48 design (telescoping feet, swing bar, nosecone, flaps, etc) scaled down with the swingbar, BP-7, and BP-8 metal and everyone is happy.

My existing 1/60s (Max, Roy, GBP, 2 CF and Hikaru Super) get turned into custom fodder or previous "block" versions. ;)

I'd buy a couple, as I would want the VF-1 to be displayed with the 'Zero, both being in proper scale. That 'Zero just stole the spotlight from the '48s...

Edited by myk

• 2 weeks later...

If Yamato did decide to release an all new perfect variable 1/60 scale VF-1 toy, I'd like to see it come with the following improvements over the 1/48 VF-1 and the older 1/60 VF-1 toy: -

1. Rotating cockpit seat ala 1/60 VF-0 toys.
  2. No more removeable nose cone and moving flaps (damn things are a pain in the ass IMO).
  3. Better non-splitting engine detail inside the foot thrusters, like on the 1/60 VF-0.
  4. A better sculpted GU-11 gunpod. I find the one on the 1/48 to be too thin and tapered.
  5. Rear landing gear which can angle out when opened, like on the 1/60 VF-0 & 1/60 YF-19.
  6. The VF-1A Cannon Fodder variation to be released with swapable DYRL and TV style heads.
  7. Better detail on the foot thrusters at the back of the ankle. Even the 1/48 just has these as two painted red circles. The 1/48 GBP actually has these as molded on detail which is great.
  8. Designed from the start so that two-seaters are possible.
  9. A transformation system like the VF-0, with folding panels around the head in fighter mode, to reduce the length of the nose in fighter mode.
  10. A HUD in The TV versions.
  11. Painted missiles, like on the 1/60 VF-0.
More as I think of them

Graham

Should the VF-1's gear angle out? Looking at the Design Works, I think it simply has the wheel set quite far out from the strut, such that when unfolded, the gear is outside of the dimensions of the gear bay. In other words, from head on, the gear is an "L". And the wheel rotates to the front to retract.

Yet another instance of rotating gear in valks. :)

PS---are there any good pics out there for reference for painting the missiles? I'd like to detail both my 1/48 and 1/60 missiles, but have almost nothing to go by.

If Yamato did decide to release an all new perfect variable 1/60 scale VF-1 toy, I'd like to see it come with the following improvements over the 1/48 VF-1 and the older 1/60 VF-1 toy: -

1. Rotating cockpit seat ala 1/60 VF-0 toys.
  2. No more removeable nose cone and moving flaps (damn things are a pain in the ass IMO).
  3. Better non-splitting engine detail inside the foot thrusters, like on the 1/60 VF-0.
  4. A better sculpted GU-11 gunpod. I find the one on the 1/48 to be too thin and tapered.
  5. Rear landing gear which can angle out when opened, like on the 1/60 VF-0 & 1/60 YF-19.
  6. The VF-1A Cannon Fodder variation to be released with swapable DYRL and TV style heads.
  7. Better detail on the foot thrusters at the back of the ankle. Even the 1/48 just has these as two painted red circles. The 1/48 GBP actually has these as molded on detail which is great.
  8. Designed from the start so that two-seaters are possible.
  9. A transformation system like the VF-0, with folding panels around the head in fighter mode, to reduce the length of the nose in fighter mode.
  10. A HUD in The TV versions.
  11. Painted missiles, like on the 1/60 VF-0.
More as I think of them

Graham

more tampo printing a la 1/60 VF-0

no swing bars. I'm down for removeable legs as long as they are connected with a metal bar inbetween and maybe squared off instead of round so it can be stable in battroid. I dont care if there's a swing bar or not, as long as the arms are flush to the legs.

no vertical split on the VF-1S head's face and no round peg that you can see thru the VF-1Js optic sensor.

in scale GBP armor, the 1/48 must be 1/40 scale, cuz it way too big for that valk

Nicely colored FP sets with missiles that dont fall out.

Wing missiles that dont fall off too easily.

i would love to have a new 1/60 VF-1 which incorporates all the features/improvements of that of the 1/60 Vf0 and 1/48 Vf1 given the mark improvements seen in the VF0 and YF19 using cad

Seriously graham, would yamato consider doing a few of the popular variants for the 1/60 Vf1 line. Monsters and Destroids would fit nicely as well

I agree, no removeable nosecone or adjustable wingflaps, they're gratuitous enough on the 1/48. It absolutely has to be perfectly variable. Since I think we'd all be okay with it not having diecast any swingbar involved could be much smaller than what we've seen in the past. I'd live with that swingbar but I'd much rather see the 1/48 transformation brought over.

if yamato redid either the 1/60 line or the 1/48 with those improvements, I would be game to re-buy some of my valks.

the wing flaps I think are cool, but I can live with out them.. but ditch the removable nose cone for certain. pretty pointless gimmick.

Considering the fact that I just bought the 1/60 SUPER 1J HIKARU 'N STRIKE VF-1S (again!! :huh: ) over this past weekend, I'm definitely up for picking up a new perfect variable 1/60 VF-1 with all the improvements mentioned by GRAHAM 'n >EXO<. I still think that the current 1/60 VF-1 model has better proportions than that of the 1/48, and if YAMATO can improve on this, well, they can have some more of my hard-earned money :D !

so nice, he had to say twice ;)

i'd still buy a PT 1/60 but new is better than rehashed.

on the fo'seriousness! they really need to come out with destroids but i'm not sure enemy mecha is going to happen considering the poor sales of the 2 current raus. honestly, i think their sales would've been better had they released the the battle pods first, gulag, TV rau, then the M&M raus.

how does it make sense that the first release of an enemy mecha toy be a toy that people(normal folks) aren't that familiar with?

honestly, i think their sales would've been better had they released the the battle pods first, gulag, TV rau, then the M&M raus.

how does it make sense that the first release of an enemy mecha toy be a toy that people(normal folks) aren't that familiar with?

Things Yamato has done that confused me:

1) The 1/100 Koenig Monster

2) Releasing the DYRL Raus and not the TV Rau or other enemy mechs

I'm not saying I'm unhappy they made those toys... it just seems like they were random choices... especially the Koenig considering its size and complexity. How can we get that but not a 2 seater VF-1? If they felt they had to use the VF-X license then why not a VF-17? As far as the Raus go, were they worried they didn't have the rights to the TV version or was it simply a matter of being able to use the exact same mold twice? I'm guessing the latter but some of the logic just doesn't add up for me.

I think the Monster was done because it was taken from the resin kit, which was already done. The Raus were made because they were more concerned with the DYRL line and that was the main enemy robot... and it was tosatisfy people's demand for an enemy toy. Maybe the glaugs and regult were too hard for them to engineer concerning the small legs and the top heavy heads, plus the pilot. That's just my guess.