The 2nd Coming of the YF-19

wolfx

dayum! that looks fantastic! the more pics i see the more i fall in love :)

im thinking (To answer my own question earlier) thae head DOES move. It looks like there is enough of a gap to make it look up and down.

Special features huh? removable clip on the gunpod maybe?

yes! ask and you shall receive! The fighter looks battyin'! The battroid no complaints and Gerwalk is the shiittt! There's no disapponting me so far until the street price is announced.

426748[/snapback]

Thats a scary thought in rgds to the pricing, hopefully it would be priced around that of the VF-0S/A, if fps/fold boosters are included, pricewise should be around that of 1/48 VF-1 super.

Everything looks great, hopefully yamato does learn from its previous lessons in rgds to the 1/72 ver, and reinforce certain parts like the swing bar and tabs.

Cheers

Hi guys. Just some quick comments. Generally the YF-19 was really awesome and i was looking at every angle and couldn't find any things i'd bit ch about. The fighter mode was real slick. Gerwalk mode was nice and the battroid was just awesome. I'd say it looks the best it could be without anime-magic.

I told you the 19 wasn't vaporware. People here in Mexico have a saying: "There's more time than life". I knew that an improved 19 would be released sooner or later, I just wasn't sure about how good it would be. And since this tread started my gripes were mostly about Battroid mode because I'm a battroid person and fighter was too good already.

And Boy, is battroid beautiful! They even managed to fix the long torso problem present in all previous depictions of the 19, and the intakes instead of making it look stiff (like in the CAD drawings), make it look pretty sleek.

Of course there's a VF-11 on the way, and better yet: a 1/60 YF-21! Mark my words.

Just for fun: Remember all the hunger for that show exclusive 1/100 garage YF-19? Look at it now that the spell is broken. :lol:

post-1636-1156127663_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Great pics. Now all we need is an image of the bottom in fighter:

just have the "feet" flat to the ground with the nose pointing up so we can see underneath and see how the gunpod hangs off the arms and how the crotch piece folds up while in that mode for clearance etc

*throws 1/72 in the bin* :D

Hi guys. Just some quick comments. Generally the YF-19 was really awesome and i was looking at every angle and couldn't find any things i'd bit ch about.

Clear eye camera window like what they did with the megazone 23 Garland. I'm still planning on getting that (almost forgot with all the macross stuff)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The beer belly is hardly noticeable to me. :p She's so sleek I don't really notice that pudge. :) I'm more than satisfied with what the pics have shown so far... So far.

I still want to see the underside of fighter mode, the back of the battroid, and the guts of this toy (mid transformation).

Even with the gut I am still going to get one for the simple fact that I want a 1/72 replacement.

Yep they are pricey no arguments there.. But I intend to get the full mac + line to replace the 1/72 one.

Bought the Monster, the Qrau, and skipped all the 1/60 vf1 so I have spare money :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

OMG, this babe looks way better than i expected. Looks like i´m going to cancel my VF-0A and keep saving to buy at least two of them.

Something that i like about it is that in fighter you can barely see the parts separation. As for gerwalk it fionally gets justice and i can´t wait to see pics of the battroid mode back.

If it comes with option packs i hope the include the weapons module for the right arm.

While Graham's apparently perusing the thread:

Does it incorporate a variation of the Retppu's "gullet" transformation for the chest undersides, or the Hasegawa's "neck" transformation to shorten the nose by moving the cockpit up and aft? Still trying to figure out all the panel lines/joints, and that's the best I can come up with so far. (Though the presence of a Tab B-like structure doesn't fit with Hasegawa-style torso formation)

Basically---does the torso transform like the old one, or did they really change it?

And any comments on the VF-0 with Ghost shown at Wonderfest, seems awfully grey compared to the VF-0A low-vis pics so far:

Edited by David Hingtgen

Regarding the thicker neck, now after actually seeing the toy, itt probably helps the over all proportion and appearance of the toy. If the neck was thin the aft end of the plane would look way to fat and out of proportion. I like it!!!

Chris

If it followed the Hasagawa lineart, I would have disliked it too. It looks too skinny, like the neck of the duck that hangs around my backyard all the time from the local pond that I want to snap.

I am so totally impressed with this new 19. It blows the original one out of the water. I absolutely will have one of these, especially if it will eventually have FAST packs and a fold booster. That's just such a nice touch. :)

Hmmm... looks gorgeous, but what happened to the shoulder fins? I was really happy to see that this one was supposed to have them. Other then that tiny detail, I am uber-excited. That battroid pic is simply stunning... blows any other 19 out of the water and then some :D

It's not such a dark grey as we thought.

Graham, plase pass on my comments to Yamato to pass on the comment to their YF-19 Design team..."Good work." :)

I'll tell you what...for the VF-0A I don't see why the front of the conformal fuel tanks can be detached when it should be the back ones. That's where the missile pods are mounted after all.

Edited by kensei

Since this is STILL a prototype figure and not the final version, I'm sure Yamato will include it. Understand that it was featured in the CAD drawings, so Yamato definitely knows it should be there. And with their committment to making sure things are 100% accurate, I wouldn't be surprised if the next pics we see of the YF-19 includes them.

Could always be mis-transformation. 90% of all YF-19 photos I see of the original Yamato had the chest wrong--it was quite possible to achieve a level nosecone, and no gap above it. Yet all the "official" photos either have a huge gap, or the nosecone angled up to close the gap. I wouldn't be surprised if the new one on display also has the chest too high (sure looks like it) and they forgot to put the shoulder flaps down. Anyone who's followed the MP Starscream knows it took them about 3 photo shoots to realize that the intakes have hinges for a reason. :) (and they still get the pelvis wrong half the time)