The 2nd Coming of the YF-19

wolfx

Hopefully, SaveRobotech or other Japan based MWers will be attending and take pics.

Sorry, there is no way I can get permission to post the pics I have.

Graham

426060[/snapback]

I`ll go take photos despite scary yamato booth-men if that@s the last thing I`ll do. Chara hobby....i`ll be on the move from 4am onwards. >_<

Gawd its gonna be a lonnnnnggggg day.

note+ stupid japanese keyboards have all the signs in the wrong places. Too lazy to find the right signs.

Can't you get a camera with a super dooper zoom factor and take it from across the other side of the room? :lol:

What's the time ETA man? I eagerly await your post. Man, thanks for taking one for the team, we appreciate it.

Too bad. :( All Japan based MWers bring back many pics. :)

Hopefully, SaveRobotech or other Japan based MWers will be attending and take pics.

Sorry, there is no way I can get permission to post the pics I have.

Graham

426060[/snapback]

lets not bug Graham too much about the pictures or further details regarding the YF-19.

God knows he was to maintain the privilege of holding on to exclusive information =P

just kidding but i know he'll give us additional information as soon as he can with Yamato's permission. so let's not expect too much out of him besides officially permitted release of information.

^_^

besides, the Chara Hobby event's just a couple of days away. we can wait, right? we've waited years for it anyway, what's a couple days more?

426109[/snapback]

I agree.

I've since learned that Graham is non-existent, like santa claus, the tooth-fairy, and mr boogey-man. :p

There's no point anymore... might as well post a comment a couple times hoping a yamato snoop will read it~ :rolleyes:

Can't you get a camera with a super dooper zoom factor and take it from across the other side of the room? :lol:

What's the time ETA man? I eagerly await your post. Man, thanks for taking one for the team, we appreciate it.

426143[/snapback]

What's the time difference between western Europe and Japan? Maybe I need to set my alarm clock. ;)

The infamous (and wonderful) Hasegawa one is here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...odelgraphix.htm  Yes, the OTHER part of MW. It's in the June of 2002 issue. 

And there's GERWALK pics.

426051[/snapback]

Wow, thanks David. Look at those pics... the gerwalk is amazing. Man I wish I was talented enough to make models. Those are unbelievably cool. Yamato, please make me proud on this one.

I agree.

I've since learned that Graham is non-existent, like santa claus, the tooth-fairy, and mr boogey-man.   :p

There's no point anymore... might as well post a comment a couple times hoping a yamato snoop will read it~  :rolleyes:

426181[/snapback]

ROFL! that's some funny stuff. :D Oi, is that Sir Graham himself???

stuffs me i don't know. :lol:

I say lets have a Macrossworld Raffle for one of the three, proceeds go to benefit the college fund of that little tyke. Failing that it could be a nice bribe to Graham to "lose" one of them.

LOL

I say lets have a Macrossworld Raffle for one of the three, proceeds go to benefit the college fund of that little tyke.  Failing that it could be a nice bribe to Graham to "lose" one of them.

LOL

426295[/snapback]

That's a good idea... but I'm still a fan of my "angry mob" plan ^_^

or we could just be patient and keep drooling for a while

:blink: Thats actually kinda creepy..... I hope that really is his kid.

426285[/snapback]

Relax guys, that really is Graham, our resident Nick Cage look-alike (and his kid). And no, I have no evidence that he has 3 pre-production YF-19s stashed in his flat, so don't be spying in every funky pink building in Hong Kong hoping to get a sneak preview.

Edited by ghostryder

Just got back from C3XHobby and they had the YF-19 on display in all three modes. It was unpainted but even with out the paint all I can say is it was f_ _ king beautiful. The Yamato booth was rather small and was next to CM's booth, CM's had a huge line in the way of Yamato's display case blocking any possible way of taking a good picture. I had asked if I could take a picture but they asked me not to. Yes I did sneak one but if wolfx gets better ones then lets wait for his.

Oh CM's didn't have any of the new Macross Part 4 sets for sale or dislpay so no pictures there either. I did how ever strike up a converstion with one of the guys at the Yamato booth. Super cool guy we talked about for about 30 min, and he told me alot. They have all kinds of cool stuff and in the piple line coming in these next two years. A mountable Ghost for the macross zero 1/60 scale and I can only assume it will come with fast packs, and the 1/60 YF-19 will get a mountable fold unit and I also assume will come with fast packs.

Ive got to run I'll drop more info when I get back. I'll be at wonderfestival on Sunday but he told me they will only have the YF-19 there in fighter mode. Right now there are only four of the unpainted YF-19 produced other than the prototype so the third one will only be shown in one mode while the other three will still be at C3XHobby the rest of the weekend.

Edited by SaveRobotech

:o AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Just a little more to the right and we would have seen the Battroid....

Edited by kensei

WOAH! O_O What a knockout!

That is Gerwalk mode YF-19! GAH! GAH! GAH! Must get one of these!

And that answers David's question as to whether or not the nose sensor thingy will be a seperate clear plastic piece or painted on. :D

addition: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! We can see part of a battroid leg in the gerwalk picture! NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo, there's no pictures yet! T_T

Edited by Sumdumgai

Hi all,

I hereby retract any and ALL negs. on this bad baby!! GOD IS SHE GORGEEEEEOUS!!!

edit: Does anyone else get the feeling that the photographer is teasing us as well??

Edited by e_jacob77

No cause he probably got the kick before he could take the Battroid mode pic.

Wasn't thinkin though. Cause if he only had time for two snaps, then he should have taken GERWALK and Battroid, cause everyone's already seen Fighter.

I'm much more interested in the news than the pics at this point.

1. Fold booster! But does it light up...? And I see no way to mount it on the prototype. I don't think there's any clear drawing/animation of the mounts, but from the scene when Isamu ejects it you can get a pretty good idea of where it connects. 4 struts, just inside the shoulders/arms. Basically at the "corners" of the shield. Possibly it connects to the shield itself with clips?

2. VF-0 Ghost. Hmmn--add on, or a new release? Anyone see a way to attach a Ghost to the current VF-0 mold? Will it just use the dorsal conformal tank mounts somehow?

Someone needs to ask about the VF-0D.

Edited by David Hingtgen

TEARS UP: All my concerns have been put to rest.

Simply beautiful!!!! Took my breath away! Grand Slam Yamato!!!

Chris

Edit: I would like to see a good side view of fighter mode though.

Edited by Dobber

I'm much more interested in the news than the pics at this point.

1.  Fold booster!  But does it light up...? 

2.  VF-0 Ghost.  Hmmn--add on, or a new release?  Anyone see a way to attach a Ghost to the current VF-0 mold?  Will it just use the dorsal conformal tank mounts somehow? 

Someone needs to ask about the VF-0D.

426364[/snapback]

David, the 2 conformal tanks where the ghost would attach are removable. The VF-0 even has the stripes painted under them. They will probably just provide extra tanks that the Ghost can attach to.

Chris

What I thought, but wasn't sure. (Not owning a VF-0 and all---still waiting for either a D model, or a different scheme---I kinda like ANIME low-vis, but not Kawamori's ret-con of it--which isn't low-vis at all IMHO---more like a Heater-Ferris scheme--which tend to be the highest-vis schemes of all, based on visual detection range)

Even I didn't know that and I've got one!

post-466-1155993172_thumb.jpg

Gee....thanks Graham for suggesting that they needed a redesign the VF-0 to attach a Ghost..... <_< Grr! :(

Yamato really thought ahead on this one.

Edited by kensei

Perhaps they either have magnets inside the fusealge so you can't see them on this prototype or the panel where the booster mounts is removeable and replaces with one solid piece that has the booster permantely attached to it thus eliminating the problem of the booster falling off during *ahem* test flights.

Either way the YF-19 is looking gorgeous.