The 2nd Coming of the YF-19

wolfx

Looks like the legs are attached to the uh... lerxs? The hips. :p I don't see a bar connecting with the legs like with the old VF-11 or the VF-1 and VF-0.

I hope that the shield doesn't pop off easy or have difficulties attaching in any of the modes.

It bugs me a tiny bit that there's that little space in the chest over the uni-boob, but that's just because I'm anal about everything connecting flush. :p

In any case... HOT DAMN! I gotta get me one of these! :D

wow....thats beautiful! Fantastic looking toy there!

y only concerns/questions are:

Can the legs spread wider for different poses? I cant see how there....

Us the centre section loose and floppy like the last 19? That was the bit that always bugged me; the waist never stayed together when u ifddled with it.

Fighter and GERWALK look great!

They so obviously rushed that Battroid photo. :lol: Guy must have got busted.

Look at the ankles of the GERWALK. Obvisously some new design. So posable, and can remain so flat. Or maybe it is the nature of the shape of the design and the leg bay in general that allows superior flexibililty to the VF-1 and 0.

Edited by kensei

Oh wow. I think I need a new pair of underwear.

I still say the wings and esp the tail could use a little "male enhancement", but man oh man does that thing look in-freakin'-credible.

That MP Starscream is looking amazing too ... the Hory Froating Head never fails to floor you with his designs, doesn't he?

Yamato are quite proud of their chicken hands aren't they? I would have thought they would work it out by now.

The only thing better I liked about the VF-0S version is that it could slip around the handle of the gunpod.

Edited by kensei

OMG OMG OMG!!

I work on my mancave for a day and these pop up?

That's so puuurty. The wings look big enough. Battroid looks totally awesome. I'ts colse to perfect.

Even the gerwalk mode looks cool. I might have to get three now, damnit!

F u c k i n g sweet!!!!!

Excuse my language :)

The good thing about the YF-19 and the YF-21 is that because of the design of the nosecone, at certain angles it looks very thin.

This angle completely sells the YF-19:

post-557-1156007803_thumb.jpg

WOW is all I can say. It is absolutely gorgeous, possibly better than the 1/48 may I say? It is a nice return to the Valk that started my Yamato craze. I just got out my 2nd edition yf-19 just before I saw these pics. I transformed it to fighter mode for display, wow what a horrid toy. I remember it being so much better, back when I got it. Oh well fighter mode for he 2nd edition till the new YF-19 gets here. YF-19 is going to be my favorite valk again very soon.

On a serious note, I wonder what the paint quality is like. On my old YF-19 you look at it funny and paint flakes off, assuming a high diecast quality. (if I have somehow overlooked how much diecats this thing is going to have please let me know) I don't think i will be disappointed with this valk. I am still bitter about the VF-0S, but in all fairness it hasn't even been 24 hours.

I'm going to assume minimal die-cast like on the 1/48 line and 1/60 VF-0... meaning die cast on high-stress parts like the swing bar only... nothing external and visible. I hate visible die-cast on something like this anyways... it sticks out too much next to the plastic parts and ruins the finish of the whole toy.

F u c k i n g sweet!!!!!

Excuse my language :)

The good thing about the YF-19 and the YF-21 is that because of the design of the nosecone, at certain angles it looks very thin.

This angle completely sells the YF-19:

426426[/snapback]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks to me like the "fat neck" for the landing gear problem may well be a bit of a non-issue. Astounding!

The sculpt/design is indeed very impressive for the fighter, gerwalk and battroid mode. Very proportional in terms of shoulders, wing span, legs and head and arms. My only discomfort is the gap btw the hips, which is okie as its needed to accomodate the nose area. Hopefully the swing bar will be of diecast metal instead of ABS plastic. Nose/head optics are of clear plastics as predicted. This looks like it will be the Macross Toy of the Year :D

Just a thought, since yamato has been able to release some info to saverobotech abt the 1/60 YF-19 and VF-0 accessories. Maybe graham could explain to us more abt the YF-19 and VF-0 accessories? Tks to robotech for the excellent scoup..! :)

Cheers

Edited by recon

WOOOO! It's beautiful! Pretty much everything is perfect and a fold booster (sold seperately) to boot! Gunpods alittle small but thats my only gripe. If you look at the picture of fighter mode, u will see one hole in the shoulder. I'm guessin it would be for the fold booster.

Edited by dizman

A few issues that no longer bother/worry me at all.

1) Gunpod - It doesn't look as small as I feared. It looks like a close quarters carbine, and I'm fine with it.

2) Wings - I LOVE how the roots taper into the wings. Wing size seems fine.

3) Battroid mode - everything from the wider legs and the shoulder pads, everything looks grrrrreat just as battroid. any changes would compromise the fighter. Good balance.

4) Gerwalk mode - My God... I might have to buy three now... one for each mode because they nailed the gerwalk right between the eyes!

Things that still look a bit off: (mind you, this is for the sake of total honesty and not to "complain")

1) vertical tail fins look real small. I was hoping that their diagonal angle simply didnt translate well on the CAD renders, but the fighter prototype pic shows it dead on.

2) The lack of a straight on side shot still makes me wonder about the pelican neck. All the shots so far are like glamour angle shots that hide it. As with a gut in real life, you gotta have a look from the side~ :p

Looks amazing overall. I hope this thing comes tampo printed and relatively QC free~ It's a winner~!!

Wow! She is a gorgeous bird.

I know this was discussed in detail way back in this thread.....But is there any chance Yamato will make the shoulder pads moveable so that you can angle the shoulders to have that V-shape in battroid mode?

A minor nit. But thanks everyone for the pics of the prototype!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks to me like the "fat neck" for the landing gear problem may well be a bit of a non-issue. Astounding!

426439[/snapback]

I'm still waiting for some good pics of it from the side preferably with the gear up before I make that determination, a good shot of GERWALK mode from the side would work too. As Nani? pointied out so far all the shots we've seen make a concerted efffort to hide the neck.

My only complain, leg intakes in battroid.

426479[/snapback]

I'm a bit dissapointed with battroid mode. It is no way near beefy enough. I think Yamato made a lot of compromises to the battroid mode to pull off a great fighter mode. Pretty much par for course for them though, so I was already expecting it. Oh well, the YF-19 probably relies on more anime magic than any other mech in the Macross universe, so this is still an amazing accomplisment. I must give credit where credit is due.

I'm still planning on purchasing this toy, but my preference for battroid mode was (probably unrealistically) hoping for more.

Re: Macross design works page 83. I was just looking at that recently, and comparing to fighter mode pics, I get the impression that the gunpod on the shield is more along the lines of "gunpod still attached to the arm, behind the shield". Basically, transform from fighter to battroid, but don't remove the gunpod from the fighter mode mount/position---and it'll end up like in the drawing. I think.

Re: battroid mode hips. Currently gets a big "WTF" from me based on how it's sculpted. It's MOLDED like it separates like I think it should (and how it does in all rear-view line art), but it doesn't. They gave the upper intake and the hips separate angles and don't have them as a single smooth piece, but the difference is so slight it doesn't matter. The whole point of separating the two is to make much smaller/rounder intakes in battroid mode, while having the long angular ones in fighter mode. They came SO close to doing it--but didn't.

Though that makes it even easier for me to think about modifying it, now that there's a "cut here" line molded in...

PS---looking at the CAD drawings, it is there. But again--it's so subtle it's not "how it should be" IMHO so I missed it. There's always the possibilit it does separate, but I doubt it's mis-transformed---unlike a Transformer, valks tend to "not work at all" if you screw up. Also Graham said it was way too far along to change anything like that when I mentioned it, and I think he would have said if it already did it.