Would you buy a 'Macross The First' VF-1J?

Graham

Would you buy a 'Macross the First' version Yamato 1/60 VF-1J?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a 'Macross the First' version Yamato 1/60 VF-1J?

• Yes.
    • No.

If Yamato made it, how many of you would be interested in buying a 'Macross the First' version 1/60 scale V2 VF-1J Hikaru?

Please refer to the attached photos of converted Wave (battroid) and Hasegawa (fighter) kits, to see the color scheme and new head.

Also as I haven't read the manga, can somebody please let me know if a new pilot sculpt would be required, or is the flight suit and helmet standard TV or DYRL type?

Graham

post-11-129644682016_thumb.jpg

post-11-129644682284_thumb.jpg

post-11-129644682455_thumb.jpg

man..minmay is cute(is that all you care about?)

well... Love the kinda DYRL colors... But not a big fan of the scheme...althoug..yeah.orange(from photo) looks great..

I'd love to grab the model..(1/100 fanatic) yammie??..man ive never seen one before in person...and not ever for this scheme...

edit: I just found out why I dislike this scheme..

on the pics, they said this is supposed to be like the VF-25F scheme...but it is just not as sleek(the lines)....thats why it kinda sucks...for me

Edited by GXPT2000

I'll get one for sure.

Actually I am waiting for Yamato to come up with custom color valks for the 1/60 line. Thus far we only have the 1S LV. I would buy a LV 1A and LV2 1A. And the LV Armor Parts too.

BTW, I know Minmay Guard is out of question owing to copyright issue.

Q1: Can that be neogtiated?

Q2: If not, can Yamato licenses for a similar one? It does not need to be the existing Minmay Guard (though I love the design), but a nice design with Minmay / Misa decals would be cool.

P.S. I remember Yamato had some deformed girl decals in a show, but I prefer the normal scale with real characters.

What happend with the last market research regarding the Prometheus and Deadelus for the 1/3000 SDF-1...that is all that is needed for a Macross the First SDF-1...oh and how a bout a new Macross the First VF-1D...think the paint scheme is the same on that one...new head though...sounds like it would be a good Yamato webshop exclusive.....

YES. I'm an addict. Of course I'm partial to the original but I'd get that and any of the Macross The First merchandise because I love that manga so much.

Actually... NO... not until Big West animates the whole series. Yeah that's it. Absolutely not!!!

Let me know when pre-order is up. :unsure:

Yikes. Not a fan of the head. The paint scheme is decent, but that over-sized head is just fugly. Don't think I'd pick one up, honestly. Now, 1/3000 SDF-1 in TV colors with Prometheus and Deadelus is a completely different story - that would be a BUY in a heartbeat.

I think we should all keep in mind that the the modded WAVE battroid head is a terrible sculpt that is not at all accurate to the design seen in the manga. the head should actually look more like this:

%2812%29.JPG

That said, I voted no as I'm actually a little burn out on VF-1's overall. Now I'd be all over some new Valks from Macross the Ride. :D

only if it had the battroid proportions of the wave kit.

But as a yamato 1/60...no way!!!

I,d prefer to have a 1/48 battroid wave kit of "Macross the first"( the 1/100 kit was toooo small)

But then again I HATE THAT NEW HEAD!!!

Edited by troyness

I would be in for one, if they get it right. I'm not a fan of that Wave conversion at all. The head sculpt is poorly proportioned, and doesn't reflect the way the re-design appears in the manga very well.

The re-design isn't proportionally very different than the original J head, it mostly just has added details (that I happen to like). I'm also a fan of the new paint scheme. I've always liked the J model, but Hikaru's old paint scheme was simplistic and kinda boring. It hasn't aged well, and that's why they changed it.

M_the_first_Hikaru_J_fighter.jpg

M_the_first_Hikaru_J.jpg

I'm in, if the new sculpt looks more like this:

M_the_first_Hikaru_J_battroid.jpg

As far as the pilot, they did change up the flightsuit design a bit as well:

M_the_first_flightsuit.jpg

I'd also be in for the Macross The First VF-1D as well. I think it is a great update, and as much as I love the VT-1, I'm glad they stuck with the D and freshened it up.

M_the_first_D_head.jpg

Definately bring on a Macross The First SDF-1 too. This one is a no-brainer, using the existing 1/3000 molds with Daedalus and Prometheus.

M_the_first_SDF1.jpg

I'm gonna have to say no, it's just a slightly altered 1J, Yamato needs to make something worth while, new designs that aren't out yet, a VF-4, or a VF-2SS, I really think they should consider more original stuff instead of the same thing over and over.

Like the scheme, hate the head.

What he said. However, I would vote yes, just to get it for novelty's sake. The main factor would be price actually.

On a related but separate note: I would be be all over "Macross the 1st"'s 1D just for the nice head sculpt

Edited by BlueMax

Absolutely YES.

Pilot needs complete resculpt, as both helmet and flightsuit have been redesigned.

The WAVE custom, however, has a wrong head sculpt (see pictures in above post to see the difference) and wrong fighter color scheme (the red goes along the nose until the canopy).

Quick photoshop retouch to show how the head should be sculpted

post-925-129646817791_thumb.jpg

Edited by nexxstrait

I voted yes, but because of the scheme. The head, I can take it or leave it, and as others have said, that Hobby Japan custom has too much of a fat head.

How about just selling decals with the colour schemes, including Max, Kakizaki etc. colours? Then they can go on the blank valks, should Yamato reissue those.

And I second the vote to release a manga version of the SDF-1, but ideally I want both the ARMDs and the Prometheus and Daedalus together in one package. Or maybe just release the P&D as an add-on set? Ah, the hell with it -- TV-accurate SDF-1, please! :p