Would you buy a 'Macross The First' VF-1J?

Graham

Would you buy a 'Macross the First' version Yamato 1/60 VF-1J?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a 'Macross the First' version Yamato 1/60 VF-1J?

• Yes.
    • No.

Yamato would never base their sculpt on a wave kit. They'd design in to look like the art and to work with the transformation of the toy.

The thing I don't like about the drawings I don't like is when they draw the visor with the V shape. Sometimes they do it with the flat visor and I think that looks pretty good. But in any case, it's finally a 1J with the skull on it.

Graham, there more changes to the 1J than just the head and pilot. Image taken from the Macross ace thread. If Yamato could actually make the changes to the canopy, head ect...and not just repaint ala the VFX, I'd buy it.

Chris

post-265-129647938044_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dobber

IIRC wasn't that just a promo about a decal sheet from an issue of Macross Ace to make your Hi-Metal tv VF-1J look like it's Macross The First version?

Let's not start jumping the gun so soon folks.

First that Bandai scan appeared a long time ago and there was never any confirmation of a "The First" VF-1J release.

As for the potential Yamato release I will wait and see. What if the manga will have some super cool fast-pack later but need new mold so Yamato wouldn't make them?

I voted YES, due to the fact that if Yamato does it, it won't look like a balloon head on a toothpick. The paint scheme is pretty good, and it's definitely something different. As for the head sculpt, I have mixed feelings on it. Some pics, like in the actual manga, it usually looks just fine. But then you see that kit, and the calendar, and I think, "WTF???" It's a sculpt that can be very well, or look like garbage.

Also, I agree that the canopy should be redone as it is in that lineart. Seems like only a small retooling. JUST DON'T MAKE IT AN EXCLUSIVE!!!

If it's more like the manga with the flat top visor then I'll probably pick one up.. I think I'd just like to see more polished line art first to get a better sense of what it's supposed to look like.

I am curious to see what the updated fast packs will look like.

Yeah, wasn't suggesting that there would be a hi metal release, I just remembered I'd seen a picture of the new J that showed some other differences to Fighter mode...namely the canopy. That would be a must for me if yamato decided to make one.

Chris

Yamato would never base their sculpt on a wave kit. They'd design in to look like the art and to work with the transformation of the toy.

The thing I don't like about the drawings I don't like is when they draw the visor with the V shape. Sometimes they do it with the flat visor and I think that looks pretty good. But in any case, it's finally a 1J with the skull on it.

I think the visor itself is supposed to be flat when viewed strait on, but the bezel around it projects forward to a point so that from top down angles it looks like it's scowling.

From the answers here I assume that MANY of you mwers are not reading the manga. Shame on you!!!!!!

Now go out at once and grab a copy of vol 1 & 2, then come back to the Macross The First dedicated thread and praise sensei Mikimoto as it should.

Good point :)

I'll try to pick it up although I'm more into anime Macross than the mangas. Eventually I picked up Mikimoto's "Macross 7 Trash" many years ago and I found it very boring.

I think the visor itself is supposed to be flat when viewed strait on, but the bezel around it projects forward to a point so that from top down angles it looks like it's scowling.

Maybe, but it's drawn so inconsistently, enough for me to prefer one way over the other.

M_the_first_Hikaru_J_battroid.jpg

Graham, there more changes to the 1J than just the head and pilot. Image taken from the Macross ace thread. If Yamato could actually make the changes to the canopy, head ect...and not just repaint ala the VFX, I'd buy it.

Chris

How is the canopy changed? Any pics from the manga to support this?

Graham