After seeing that last trailer, Affleck is no longer my concern for this film. Not sure if Snyder is trying to be ironic with casting Eisenberg as Luthor, as he's pretty much 180 deg from how I picture the character. The Superman Animated series, and subsequent animated series and movies as well, have done a great job portraying the character as a strong intelligent, arrogant, and highly capable businessman and villain. Someone said 'clownish' earlier to describe Eisenberg's portrayal, and I couldn't agree more. There's nothing imposing or threatening about this guy, no reason to take him seriously. It's more like Man of Steel vs Dark Knight vs Scrawny Uber-Nerdling Grand Poobah of the High School Chess Club. Again, I have to wonder if the choice was ironic, that the dorky behavior and unimposing stature are inversely proportional to the level of evil he's capable of. :rolleyes:

Even so, I think it was a misstep. Even if he does manage to come across as somewhat evil, if I was Superman, I'd flick his dorky little annoying ass into orbit, like a big booger. Or just give him the Zod treatment. :wacko:

I definitely liked seeing Batman actually whoop ass like Batman, not just throw idiotic elbows around like Mac from It's Always Sunny, like the Nolan Batman did. But yeah, that music is just meh, it's probably what I would have chosen for the trailer had you asked me when I was 12...

I definitely liked seeing Batman actually whoop ass like Batman, not just throw idiotic elbows around like Mac from It's Always Sunny, like the Nolan Batman did. But yeah, that music is just meh, it's probably what I would have chosen for the trailer had you asked me when I was 12...

You know, your last comment just hit me like a Nolanverse Batman elbow strike. Maybe this is being aimed at the 12 year old crowd. And old folks like me (and probably a lot of you) just aren't the target audience.

Ugh

-b.

I definitely liked seeing Batman actually whoop ass like Batman, not just throw idiotic elbows around like Mac from It's Always Sunny, like the Nolan Batman did.

I blame the Keysi Fighting Method, which embraces being too close, for all those elbows. In this film, Bats feels like the Arkham-Batman fighting-style.

I blame the Keysi Fighting Method, which embraces being too close, for all those elbows. In this film, Bats feels like the Arkham-Batman fighting-style.

Yep! Ever since the arkham games, I've always wanted to see bats on the big screen that was just a brutal. Love the trailer except the music, wtf is going on with the music???

Edited by Negotiator

You really think so? :huh: Star Wars was pretty damn good - warts and all.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic.. but I thought that Star Wars was #&%@ing terrible.

I'm really concerned about how the pacing for the movie will be, seeing that they want to cram all of these people in a 2.5 hour movie. I'm also a little disappointed that we have to see Bruce's parents killed YET AGAIN. Even if it's in a flashback/dream sequence/whatever, we get it already. move on.

I also have my doubts about the guy playing Lex.

I really hated Star Wars too. How frickin' stupid is a spaceship the size of a small moon that makes one big laser out of smaller lasers shooting into each other and then can be destroyed by something being tossed down a small vent. Totally stupid and ridiculous. OMG, and the most exciting light saber duel is a robot vs a super old man... real captivating stuff.

I didn't really like the reboot Superman but I didn't hate it either. I thought it might be a nice set up for a second, less origin-based movie, but then I heard it was Batman vs. Superman and my mind immediately went there:

http://youtu.be/-G4Y8JtT1j0

I will say, I'm officially curious though and really looking forward to renting this on DVD. I kind of hope it's atrocious and becomes a guilty pleasure film.

Edited by jenius

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic.. but I thought that Star Wars was #&%@ing terrible.

I'm really concerned about how the pacing for the movie will be, seeing that they want to cram all of these people in a 2.5 hour movie. I'm also a little disappointed that we have to see Bruce's parents killed YET AGAIN. Even if it's in a flashback/dream sequence/whatever, we get it already. move on.

I also have my doubts about the guy playing Lex.

No, was dead serious, but this isn't the Star Wars thread and to each their own. ^_^

On-topic, I was initially all for Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, just based off of his acting in The Social Network but based on the trailers, his portrayal of Lex is basically a parody.

I really hated Star Wars too. How frickin' stupid is a spaceship the size of a small moon that makes one big laser out of smaller lasers shooting into each other and then can be destroyed by something being tossed down a small vent. Totally stupid and ridiculous. OMG, and the most exciting light saber duel is a robot vs a super old man... real captivating stuff.

I didn't really like the reboot Superman but I didn't hate it either. I thought it might be a nice set up for a second, less origin-based movie, but then I heard it was Batman vs. Superman and my mind immediately went there:

*snip*

I will say, I'm officially curious though and really looking forward to renting this on DVD. I kind of hope it's atrocious and becomes a guilty pleasure film.

So much funny in one post. :lol:

And I'd forgotten about that clip - "WHERE'S THE COMMISSIONER!!???"

hahaha tht would be the batman v superman version if josh whedon got his hands in... :lol:

strange..i enjoyed that more than the actual movie trailer.. :huh: nice post.... B))

For real, that clip is a classic.

-b.

ya skipping the pak versions, plus the price has ballooned to a point that doesn't even make sense. They never get the face right even if it's stylized, There's so many other toy versions that are closer to Cavill's, but the rest of the body sucks. The pak bvs batman looks pretty good tho, but again.. price is outrageous. Dc collectibles is trying to put out some 6" bvs trash for $40 a figure, but the mafex versions are about the same price and far superior.