areaseven (plus others who have done the same):

This is a reminder that the Report function is intended for serious issues. Such as somebody spamming the forums with dick pics, racial slurs or an argument that's about to be nuclear.

It isn't fix your posting mistakes, move or edit posts made by you or others that you think belong elsewhere.

It is to report emergency issues that require a moderator's immediate attention.

As for the other stuff we'll fix it as we come across it. No need to use the Moderator version of 911 to tell us,

areaseven (plus others who have done the same):

This is a reminder that the Report function is intended for serious issues. Such as somebody spamming the forums with dick pics, racial slurs or an argument that's about to be nuclear.

It isn't fix your posting mistakes, move or edit posts made by you or others that you think belong elsewhere.

It is to report emergency issues that require a moderator's immediate attention.

As for the other stuff we'll fix it as we come across it. No need to use the Moderator version of 911 to tell us,

You know, that's dandy and all, but why do you need to single me out on your notice?

You know, that's dandy and all, but why do you need to single me out on your notice?

I think that may have been me. I hit the Report button rather than the MultiQuote. but since I cancelled it, I assumed nothing happened with it. My apologies.

Although, in 'our' defense it is right next to an often used 'button' and nearly invisible until the cursor gets to it.

Finally saw this move this weekend with the wife, ultimate edition. I enjoyed it, had some messy plotting at times, but in the ultimate edition everything worked. Looking at what ended up cut for the theatrical edition, I can understand the hate. Almost all of Lex's plotting ended up cut, messing up the whole structure of the narrative. It's still a very Snyder movie, and could have done with a bit more levity. Also, it would have been nice to see Batfleck make the connection of Supes' ID himself. Lex, hate to say this, is the best live action Lex to the movies. Yes, he is too crazy, but at least he isn't a crazy real estate mogul, he's a tech/industrial billionaire like in the comics and 'toons. I loved the 90s toon version of Lex, plotting, ruthless, and working through intermediaries to get things done while keeping his hands clean. I would have liked to have seen that Lex, and it could have been done, they were almost setting that up, all he needed was another puppet or two to pull it off, we saw him being the puppet master, so why not take it that final step?

Now, I have a theory of how the Nolanverse Bats could still be Batfleck. Hear me out. Yes, they are different actors, but think of it like how the art style changes in comics, Jim Lee characters don't look like John Romita's. We know from DKR that Bruce is alive, and that Robin replaces him in Gotham. We also see that Robin is dead in BvS. We can assume that the Joker is alive and free after DKR, he goes out and starts forging more of an empire for himself, becoming the Leto Joker in SS, who then kills Robin, leaving Gotham defenseless. This prompts Bruce to come out of hiding, without Selena (for reasons unknown). We'll probably never get a good reason why, but Wayne comes back, and steps up being Batman again too. After many years of batmaning again he's getting burnt out leading to Man of Steal and BvS. This also plays into his line about how many good guys are left (Robin's death), and how many stayed that way (Harvey Dent/Two Face). I'm also not discounting the idea that Leto's Joker could be a twisted/turned Robin.

Anyway, just a thought.

A very good thought. It ties it in very nicely to the Nolan movies.

It would explain why Robin's suit was enshrined, as in the Bats memorializing not just a friend, but also when he let down his guard. In this connection he was not there to help or save Robin. Selina not being there could be explained in that she didn't want to return to that life. In TDKR her character is all about getting a fresh, new start. Going back to Gotham would not be something she would want. Although, I would certainly love for her to make an appearance!

Edited by Thom

A very good thought. It ties it in very nicely to the Nolan movies.

It would explain why Robin's suit was enshrined, as in the Bats memorializing not just a friend, but also when he let down his guard. In this connection he was not there to help or save Robin. Selina not being there could be explained in that she didn't want to return to that life. In TDKR her character is all about getting a fresh, new start. Going back to Gotham would not be something she would want. Although, I would certainly love for her to make an appearance!

At the same time it could be that she turned bad again, or died upon their return. Also, the lack of Gordon even being mentioned is interesting. Unless they announce casting someone as him in future installments I'm going to say he's dead too.

At the same time it could be that she turned bad again, or died upon their return. Also, the lack of Gordon even being mentioned is interesting. Unless they announce casting someone as him in future installments I'm going to say he's dead too.

J.K. Simmons was already cast as the new Gordon, and not to sound like a dick, speculation is fun and all, but it's been stressed over and over that the new DC movie universe has nothing to do with the Nolan-verse. Fan theories are fine and all, I just don't see the point in trying to connect the two universes, they're just so fundamentally different. The Nolan-verse was supposed to be a take on our real world where something crazy like Batman happens, the new DC film universe is much more comic booky, with monsters, magic, chemical created clown princes of crime, and space jesus.

As mentioned, J.K. Simmons will be playing Gordon.

In fact he's already filmed his scene in Justice League where he and Batfleck are having a rooftop conversation with the rest of the League.

But we'll save future talk for the Justice League thread.

I watched the ultimate edition with my wife. She didn't see the original release in a theater. Oh man, I kinda regret doing that to her. She found it a jumbled mess which was also really long and kinda boring. Sad to hear that Suicide Squad isn't the home run some of the trailers made it out to be.

J.K. Simmons was already cast as the new Gordon, and not to sound like a dick, speculation is fun and all, but it's been stressed over and over that the new DC movie universe has nothing to do with the Nolan-verse. Fan theories are fine and all, I just don't see the point in trying to connect the two universes, they're just so fundamentally different. The Nolan-verse was supposed to be a take on our real world where something crazy like Batman happens, the new DC film universe is much more comic booky, with monsters, magic, chemical created clown princes of crime, and space jesus.

That's all it is. Speculations and daydreams. If some people want to fit Snyder's movies onto the end of Nolans, I say have at it. The DVDs are on their shelves after all. This doesn't change the actual discontinuity between the two separate franchises, it's just someone saying, 'hey, what if..?' ;)