DX Chogokin VT-1 Super Ostrich

MKT

47 minutes ago, Powered Convoy said:

Managed to get a preorder in from Anime Japan Geek. Has anyone used them before?

I have, one time, basically the owner of the YouTube chanel/store takes care of everything, you will be fine.

Can I be super honest here...after 40 years of watching this movie, until I saw the tent description, I did NOT KNOW this was a PARACHUTE from the valkyrie
I never questioned 'why would there be a tent' available, just figured it was some sort of emergency supply stored somewhere

image.png.9c268b79c867b721fbeb4cc518ab866b.png

16 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

just ordered one fromJapan , this is my second time using it for a Tamashii Exclusive,  the first one all went smoothly and on time, I hope everything goes smooth for this one as well.

image.png.b73cc2893fa3b1ae8643287c2a55677d.png

I tried FJ yesterday and my order was cancelled by them. Got similar case for one of the member here too. Update us if your order get through! 

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

Can I be super honest here...after 40 years of watching this movie, until I saw the tent description, I did NOT KNOW this was a PARACHUTE from the valkyrie
I never questioned 'why would there be a tent' available, just figured it was some sort of emergency supply stored somewhere

Thanks for making us all feel old. 

1 hour ago, claude grant said:

https://tokullectibles.com/products/dx-chogokin-vt1-super-ostrich?_pos=3&_sid=e3572fbb4&_ss=r

Don't know if anyone has ever used this place before, but I secured a pre-order from them earlier today.  My first time using them, so I hope they deliver.  I just checked and it was still available for those that want it.

I used them on some TWE super parts before and had no issues with them! Two different orders that came through without any issues 

2 hours ago, ZYZY said:

I tried FJ yesterday and my order was cancelled by them. Got similar case for one of the member here too. Update us if your order get through! 

Same here, but I also gave a try to DeJapan, today they confirmed my order. 

15 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Sounds like @Jasonc is going to have to scale up his tent model!

I did want to do some more work on it, LOL, but I will say that I do like the idea of this being a bit of a "paper" piece. Although, if I'm going to do any altering to what I've done so far, it'll probably be after this is released. 

I also didn't know if it was a parachute or something that was standard in the DYRL VF-1 series. As parachutes are usually stored in the seats, I don't know if it would've been one, considering there could be a small charge of explosives probably stored in the harness for ejection during a need to ditch. Don't know if Hikaru would've had that know how. My other thought was that since it's a trainer, maybe if the pilot being trained is bad enough, they may need a tent if they "mess up". Ah, my old thoughts when I was younger.

Edited by Jasonc

10 hours ago, Kinjin said:

Tamashii Web Shop only, correct? No worldwide release?

Correct. Bandai has gotten better about making that explicitly clear on their website:

https://tamashiiweb.com/item_character/macross_series?wovn=en

There are five little boxes at the bottom of each listing, which represent the regions of the world they distribute to, and the ones colored blue are the ones that will receive the item. They also now label each item "Retail" (available through stores), "Tamashii Web Shop" (TWE), "Other Limited Edition" (lotteries), or "Tamashii Store Exclusive" (you have to go to a brick-and-mortar Tamashii store to get it).  It's worth noting that just because an item is marked "Retail" doesn't mean it's going to be WWM, which is why they added those region boxes. WWM releases have all five boxes colored blue.

10 hours ago, betocc said:

Same here, but I also gave a try to DeJapan, today they confirmed my order. 

From Japan and DeJapan are both solid options, if you can get in line fast enough for them to not cancel your order. I avoid Big in Japan because they massively overcharge on shipping. For what they charge, I'd expect the item to arrive at my door via armed courier, handcuffed to their wrist in a Pelican case, 

What are the chanches for a web shop like AE, Nin Nin and HG to get some preorders cancelled because they just sold more unita than they could ge

I got my Vermillion platoon Kaki and Max from Nin-Nin with no issues but those aren't near popular as the Ostrich

Edited by Froy

42 minutes ago, Froy said:

What are the chanches for a web shop like AE, Nin Nin and HG to get some preorders cancelled because they just sold more unita than they could ge

I got my Vermillion platoon Kaki and Max from Nin-Nin with no issues but those aren't near popular as the Ostrich

Low....Bandai is selling the VT-1 at 6 per customer...wink, wink :good:

3 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Correct. Bandai has gotten better about making that explicitly clear on their website:

https://tamashiiweb.com/item_character/macross_series?wovn=en

There are five little boxes at the bottom of each listing, which represent the regions of the world they distribute to, and the ones colored blue are the ones that will receive the item. They also now label each item "Retail" (available through stores), "Tamashii Web Shop" (TWE), "Other Limited Edition" (lotteries), or "Tamashii Store Exclusive" (you have to go to a brick-and-mortar Tamashii store to get it).  It's worth noting that just because an item is marked "Retail" doesn't mean it's going to be WWM, which is why they added those region boxes. WWM releases have all five boxes colored blue.

From Japan and DeJapan are both solid options, if you can get in line fast enough for them to not cancel your order. I avoid Big in Japan because they massively overcharge on shipping. For what they charge, I'd expect the item to arrive at my door via armed courier, handcuffed to their wrist in a Pelican case, 

Sounds way to complicated they should just send to distributers and let the market work from there. If they are going to stop KC or TZ from making things like this for sale in the USA then they need to provide the access themselves. That's only fair.

I got mine through Luna Park and hopefully it has no issues. I just wanted to have a modern one to display in front of my boxed 1/55's

As a toy collector vs macross collector have a few nice examples is fine vs trying to go all at it Pokemon style.

2 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

Sounds way to complicated they should just send to distributers and let the market work from there. If they are going to stop KC or TZ from making things like this for sale in the USA then they need to provide the access themselves. That's only fair.

Yes, it's definitely complicated. Bandai always prioritizes the Japan domestic market, where they control distribution. For SDFM and DYRL, they can't legally distribute outside of Japan because of their deal with Harmony Gold. WWM, which applies to everything else (M7, M+, M2, Zero, Frontier, Delta), seems to be an experiment for them to test out your idea. The 40-60% markup over Japan MSRP for WWM items sold in the US also strikes me as an experiment to see how far they can push prices before we stop purchasing. Lottery and in-store-only items are not uncommon in Japan. Makes you feel special for managing to get one. 

19 hours ago, ZYZY said:

sadly it didn't went thru, I received as well a cancellation notice .:cray:

image.png.3b518a5516c1b50113c9747f54b07ece.png

On 1/26/2024 at 2:55 PM, Shawn said:

well.... this is WoW.... I guess as a kid/ teen... there were just details that were over shadowed by a complicated Love Triangle and Amazing Mecha???!!!  What an amazing insight on the tent!  Seriously, why would there be a tent, in a trainer valk???  man o man  lol

1 hour ago, magicsp00n said:

I vote they include gunpod and arm armor as an homage to the 1/55.

wow i totally forgot that the arm armor was in the old 1/55...i so wish i had taken care of it better....

and nothing will ever match the iconic box of the 1/55 VT-1...

121031796_3369042209829515_6068715786776618833_n.jpg.0fbe868322dbcc489c4a6b33dee33ce8.jpg

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

wow i totally forgot that the arm armor was in the old 1/55...i so wish i had taken care of it better....

and nothing will ever match the iconic box of the 1/55 VT-1...

Makes for for a great wallpaper ....

EVVjH4bXkAAmgJg.jpg

9 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Yes, it's definitely complicated. Bandai always prioritizes the Japan domestic market, where they control distribution. For SDFM and DYRL, they can't legally distribute outside of Japan because of their deal with Harmony Gold. WWM, which applies to everything else (M7, M+, M2, Zero, Frontier, Delta), seems to be an experiment for them to test out your idea. The 40-60% markup over Japan MSRP for WWM items sold in the US also strikes me as an experiment to see how far they can push prices before we stop purchasing. Lottery and in-store-only items are not uncommon in Japan. Makes you feel special for managing to get one. 

Understandable and definitely complicated I agree. BW & HG could learn a few lessons from Hasbro & Takara on how to work together and get along.

10 hours ago, Shawn said:

Well the lack of a gunpod of the VT-1 is a a critical plot point in the movie, so it makes sense it is missing as its a trainer only.

But you can always pick up a spare DX gunpod or 3 online and arm your Ostrich if the need arises :)

https://paypayfleamarket.yahoo.co.jp/item/z279776678?cpt_s=auc&cpt_m=detail&cpt_n=item&cpt_c=ack

Thanks, But it probably won't come with a hand that can hold it anyway.  😉 But adding hard point for the wings that will be used for the VE-1/VT-1 is just questionable!? Since both birds were never armed. And I'm sure not a lot of people are going for this look! 😱

m37531659403_1.jpg

Edited by grogall

1 hour ago, grogall said:

Thanks, But it probably won't come with a hand that can hold it anyway.  😉 But adding hard point for the wings that will be used for the VE-1/VT-1 is just questionable!? Since both birds were never armed. And I'm sure not a lot of people are going for this look! 😱

m37531659403_1.jpg

I'd want to arm my Angel Bird too. Even if not continuously.

1 hour ago, Radioguy said:

I'd want to arm my Angel Bird too. Even if not continuously.

Well my favorite look for the VF-1D is TV super parts with tv missiles...(15th Anniversary style) I know it's not canon, but the orange and green clash together to make it look good! 🤪

image.jpeg.a3479e7fd6dc7f2b5b6c49a1802bd03c.jpeg

Edited by grogall

1 hour ago, grogall said:

Well my favorite look for the VF-1D is TV super parts with tv missiles...(15th Anniversary style) I know it's not canon, but the orange and green clash together to make it look good! 🤪

image.jpeg.a3479e7fd6dc7f2b5b6c49a1802bd03c.jpeg

Agreed those do look good together!

8 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

Understandable and definitely complicated I agree. BW & HG could learn a few lessons from Hasbro & Takara on how to work together and get along.

Yes, that's an interesting example. I've found that it's usually a lot less expensive to purchase the Hasbro version of a high-end Transformer than the Takara version, even if I have to wait 2-3 months to receive it. In one case the Takara version I bought was literally the Hasbro version. The only difference was that they slapped some small Japanese language stickers on the English language box. In another, there was an announcement in Japan of a Takara Tomy Mall web exclusive, which I reserved through a proxy...and then a week later Hasbro announced they'd be selling it on their Pulse platform...for less. After that I stopped buying Takara versions of anything. I'm guessing that the North American market for that line is much larger than the Japanese market, because we all grew up with the cartoon, so we benefit from lower prices due to sales volume. I believe it's the reverse for Gundam, Macross, and many other shows. The Japanese market is significantly larger, so Bandai and others focus on that.

Paying a lot more and still having to wait 2-3 months (current Bandai sales model for WWM) doesn't appeal to me, but I do appreciate the increased access to items and I'm glad it finally exists for collectors outside of Japan. I hope we get to the point where the prices in Japan and overseas are roughly the same, which is what you see companies like Goodsmile doing. I'm getting too old for middle-of-the-night PO Madness.