Arcadia YF-19 Re-Issue and new Premium Finish

jvmacross

Happy to say I got mine delivered, and while the shoulders were a little tight, it wasn't anything that stopped them from moving.  I loosened the screws a little to give them room to breathe easily.

To start, two observations..

First, I still wish Arcadia would go back to their original "premium finish" without the panel lining.  It's not terrible or anything, but there are some rather sloppy spots where it looks like someone just scribbled with a pencil, and others where they just drew lines along body contours that aren't actually panel lines, and it added a weirdly unnecessary accent to that corner.  I think they did add a clearcoat to the whole thing though, none of it was scratching off when I tried to clean up one of the sloppy lines.

Second.. am I just missing something, or were they never intending to print the U.N. SPACY on the legs and fast packs?  Or did they just forget it?  Maybe it's one of those ones people couldn't decide on?  I really don't care one way or another about that particular marking, I'm honestly just curious.

So.. after pulling it out and admiring it, testing the shoulders, checking it out.. I started disassembling it. :lol:

I was actually very happy to see that they didn't get any glue on the screw covers under the wing gloves.  They were just snapped in, and I was able to pry them out with a fingernail in a matter of seconds, unlike my original release, which I probably spent an hour carefully trying to jimmy them with a razor blade. 

On the other hand, this one had a lot more glue between the wing glove halves, but nothing too hard to separate with patience.  They came apart easily, and while the wings were pretty well glued, it didn't take much pressure to pop the seam enough to pull out the swingbars with no damage to anything.  One thing I do like is that there really isn't any reason to replace the screws holding the wing gloves to the legs.  Those sockets are plenty tight to hold the wings steady, and it makes them easy to just pull off if I need to.

Pulled the swingbars out, swapped in a pair of my POM hinge replacements (I used my metal ones on my frequent swoosher), reassembled, and the wings are now locked solidly against the legs in fighter mode.  I can't actually tell if the hardpoints are canted out at all, it's close enough that it might be an optical illusion.  The only sign that I did anything at all is that the wing gloves have a small gap along the leading edge, since the parts don't stay entirely closed without glue.  If I was sure I wouldn't ever want to put those hinges back, I'd re-glue them, but I like keeping the option open if those plastic hinges ever break.

Overall, really happy to finally have one with all the markings, and I'll probably just keep it in fighter mode for display, and mess with the others if I want to transform one.

My copy arrived from HLJ,   it was double boxed, PF YF-19 in the original 1pc Arcadia brown shipper box with C/no 1115 on the bottom.    and then in a HLJ shipper box.. ^_^

as for the tight elbows , I will probably need to I loosened the screws just in case. 

But its been a long time since I transformed my regular Arcadia Yf-19 ,so is removing the whole arm the easiest way to get access to loosing the elbow joint screws? 

any extra cautions area that I need to look into or be extra careful when doing this?   

10 hours ago, F360 said:

My copy arrived from HLJ,   it was double boxed, PF YF-19 in the original 1pc Arcadia brown shipper box with C/no 1115 on the bottom.    and then in a HLJ shipper box.. ^_^

as for the tight elbows , I will probably need to I loosened the screws just in case. 

But its been a long time since I transformed my regular Arcadia Yf-19 ,so is removing the whole arm the easiest way to get access to loosing the elbow joint screws? 

any extra cautions area that I need to look into or be extra careful when doing this?   

Nah they're pretty easy to access with a small screwdriver. You can take the entire arm off by swiveling the shoulder back and removing the screw that's exposed.

1 hour ago, starkiller239 said:

can anyone tell me what option 28 is under the options and gimmicks?

if you are talking about what the manual is showing ..

image.png.d7df6f986c5d4d14b91a2670eed6481a.png

Then its the Fold booster attachment parts.

its for people that already have the previous "YAMATO 1/60 Fold Booster and fastpack set"   made for the first gen Yamato 1/60 YF-19.

you can use these new attachment parts and attach the green ****** fold booster to the Arcadia YF-19

image.png.9b3686d28fb50e1143eb5c9209e0243e.png

image.png.fdc2e72bd239e6d15e52e33440c618ba.png

https://anymoon.com/blog/?p=1673

https://anymoon.com/blog/?p=8083

15 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Nah they're pretty easy to access with a small screwdriver. You can take the entire arm off by swiveling the shoulder back and removing the screw that's exposed.

cool, thanks for the confirmation. ^_^.. 

Just watched the entire transformation and it is exhausting how complex it is LOL
I never knew the YF-19 has those little rotating hip joints to lower/raise the leg height (like the Riobot Legioss, which I hate to transform because of it)

It does look extra fantastic in Battroid mode...like wow.

Was gonna display all of the YF19 that was released together, then it dawned on me that it would include the VF19 as well. Including the really old ones.  Not sure if my table is big enough to hold all of them.

YF19 1/60 count 30

Edited by Kicker773

4 hours ago, Kicker773 said:

Was gonna display all of the YF19 that was released together, then it dawned on me that it would include the VF19 as well. Including the really old ones.  Not sure if my table is big enough to hold all of them.

YF19 1/60 count 30

That counting the original Yamato YF-19 releases as well, or just everything released after the Fire Valk?

I can definitely sympathize though, the 19 is the only mold I have almost as many of as I do VF-1s.  I usually compulsively buy at least three of every release. :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

That counting the original Yamato YF-19 releases as well, or just everything released after the Fire Valk?

I can definitely sympathize though, the 19 is the only mold I have almost as many of as I do VF-1s.  I usually compulsively buy at least three of every release. :lol: 

Starting from Yamato 1/60 YF19 only. 

5 x 1/60 Yamato original

2 x 1/60 Yamato with FP release

2 x 1/60 Yamato renewal release (lighter version)

2 x 1/60 Yamato Weathered Version

2 x 1/60 Yamato Birds of Prey

2 x 1/60 Yamato Double Nuts

2 x 1/60 Yamato 25th Anniversary 

2 x 1/60 Bandai VF19 Isamu

2 x 1/60 Bandai YF19

5 x 1/60 Arcadia Release

2 x 1/60 Arcadia 40th Anniversary 

2 x 1/60 Arcadia Premium

yep definitely too many. 

11 hours ago, Kicker773 said:

5 x 1/60 Yamato original

2 x 1/60 Bandai YF19

5 x 1/60 Arcadia Release

2 x 1/60 Arcadia Premium

yep definitely too many. 

If you also have all the YF-19 Bandai 1/65 It would be great for the group shot. Sure they’re not the same scale but close enough for an amazing shot of new and old.

Might as well include the metallized version if you have them.

Just a thought.

32 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

If you also have all the YF-19 Bandai 1/65 It would be great for the group shot. Sure they’re not the same scale but close enough for an amazing shot of new and old.

Just a thought.

Yes and yes. But I have to be careful not mixing the bootleg ones with the Bandai ones. 

13 hours ago, Kicker773 said:

5 x 1/60 Yamato original

2 x 1/60 Bandai YF19

5 x 1/60 Arcadia Release

2 x 1/60 Arcadia Premium

yep definitely too many. 

No VF-19P Zola Patrol?

If the YF-19s are just going to be in Fighter mode with the landing gear down on the table you could probably cut the count to 11.  Since the VF-19 Advance was listed then that should maybe include all of the VF-19 variants from Bandai and Yamato/Arcadia.

My personal favorite display method is usually having valks standing on their open feet in fighter mode.  That usually works pretty well, except for the fact that the Yamato VF-19 feet are sloppy, and the Bandai's feet can't actually extend in fighter mode. :lol: 

5 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

My personal favorite display method is usually having valks standing on their open feet in fighter mode.  That usually works pretty well, except for the fact that the Yamato VF-19 feet are sloppy, and the Bandai's feet can't actually extend in fighter mode. :lol: 

Made me think what you said about Bandai’s for a sec, but then I clued in!😆

Its been a long while , I got my screw driver and clear out my coffee table with watch the youtube transformation video on the tv before I begin.

Everything seems to fit pretty tightly.   

when testing the shoulders , it does not look too tight, , then I move the elbow very slowing and its moves just fine. , .. both arms seems to be good.  

Did not need to use the screw driver to loose anything.  transformation took a slow 15 minutes.    

The only part that seems harder this time was getting it back to fighter mode were the shoulder covers attach to the back to the leg.   That part seems pretty tight fit.   

I got it from HLJ ,  never had much issue with Macross stuff from HLJ.

Just now, F360 said:

Its been a long while , I got my screw driver and clear out my coffee table with watch the youtube transformation video on the tv before I begin.

Everything seems to fit pretty tightly.   

when testing the shoulders , it does not look too tight, , then I move the elbow very slowing and its moves just fine. , .. both arms seems to be good.  

Did not need to use the screw driver to loose anything.  transformation took a slow 15 minutes.    

The only part that seems harder this time was getting it back to fighter mode were the shoulder covers attach to the back to the leg.   That part seems pretty tight fit.   

I got it from HLJ ,  never had much issue with Macross stuff from HLJ.

Where's the pictures?! :spiteful:

:lol:

11 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Where's the pictures?! :spiteful:

:lol:

lol. I didn't even think about it , was so focus on not screwing up the transformation or dropping any small parts that will bounces off the table to the floor and  off to a magical place that you can never find it back until your next move.   .. , :lol:..  

46 minutes ago, Kicker773 said:

YF19 History only (VF19 will be later) 

EDF5F986-BA65-4188-8603-5925FF04CF69.jpeg.f9f4399201571559e750014e90e98e9f.jpeg

Those are really beautiful! What about the customs, are they model kit or yamato/arcadia? Also, i always wondered, does the weathering version from Yamato come with waterslide decals?

On 4/9/2023 at 11:27 AM, nightmareB4macross said:

Just a thought.

Quick one before dinner. Probably gonna post the DSLR pics on Instagram..

9239E560-031F-465D-8C96-9CFE1C9E22DF.jpeg.ba3a00a588931cf0ccf109c8cc356f4c.jpeg