MacrossWorld's PO Thread - NEXT PO of 2024 will be APRIL 5TH at 4PM JST...HI-METAL R VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie...a WWM Release...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

42 minutes ago, kyekye said:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/266675?o=2

Although the price is ridiculous, it's now listed @BBTS.

BBTS wants $450 for the VT-1... before state tax and $4 domestic shipping?!

They know that it is 147 yen to the US dollar right now, right?

At current exchange rates, the VT-1 retails for almost $240, including Japan's 10% sales tax, but not including shipping to the US.

Assuming BBTS is able to acquire VT-1's at retail and it costs about $30 to ship each from Japan, I am guessing that BBTS makes about a 67% profit margin on each VT-1 pre-order (of course, my assumptions could be way off base).  Was that the case with all their other DX Chogokin Macross pre-orders?

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

59 minutes ago, kyekye said:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/266675?o=2

Although the price is ridiculous, it's now listed @BBTS.

what i meant on pre order night was to give a heads up this is not being officially carried in the US like WWM releases so dont wait for US distribution as it won’t be carried by retailers.

bbts is randomly using a proxy to import it from P-bandai japan and doing a markup, (scalping) better off getting it from a place with a better rate such as nin nin or nippon yasan 2.0 

On 1/27/2024 at 1:59 PM, davidwhangchoi said:

wow! that's super helpful:good:

thanks noel for sharing, you the man!! i salute you:hail:

You're welcome David! I'm just trying to budget nowadays so I reached out. I'm just glad they replied. ;) :good: 

On 1/27/2024 at 2:18 PM, wm cheng said:

Wow that's so eye opening @no3Ljm - thanks, it really puts into perspective when ordering from Japan nowadays.  Just before the pandemic, I was complaining about 3,000Y EMS to Canada for similiar sized/weight toys, but now that's increased over 3 fold (that's only 4yrs ago)!!!  I had to factor in brokerage fees and customs, duties and taxes for us Canukleheads (if it was anything other than EMS - and still I had a 50:50 chance of customs), but not only is the toys getting so expensive, the shipping is astronomical nowadays.  I wished I got a 300% increase in my wages over the last 4 years!!!

Thanks Mr.Cheng! Hope it works out on your budgeting as well. ;) :good: 

On 1/27/2024 at 5:46 PM, F360 said:

Me too, glad everyone is still active , I was able to hold my temptations due to distractions and everything else in 2023 but when I noticed I missed the DX YF-21 Japan preorder that was it.  I have to get some of that. Luckily it  was pretty easy to get the USA release.   And then I saw the DX VT-1 so might as well since it’s TWE and I don’t need to stay up for it .   

Same here. Trying on fighting tempatations as well. :spiteful: I'm currently trying to round up my DX VF-1's at this point. Waiting for Hikaru's VF-1A. Probably will include DX Elvis Draken too. But for future/upcoming series, not sure if I'm going to continue. :rolleyes: 

A DX VF-4A is probably going to be on my add-on list if ever. ;) 

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

BBTS wants $450 for the VT-1... before state tax and $4 domestic shipping?!

They know that it is 147 yen to the US dollar right now, right?

At current exchange rates, the VT-1 retails for almost $240, including Japan's 10% sales tax, but not including shipping to the US.

Assuming BBTS is able to acquire VT-1's at retail and it costs about $30 to ship each from Japan, I am guessing that BBTS makes about a 67% profit margin on each VT-1 pre-order (of course, my assumptions could be way off base).  Was that the case with all their other DX Chogokin Macross pre-orders?

this is the usual practice for BBTS on P-Bandai (TWE) items.   For those items BBTS normally add about $100 on top.  

Example.. if the item is 35500 yen, they will use the old conversions and say $350 and then add $100 in most cases.

I never said buy from BBTS.

I said I'll wait for US retailer to check price and compare.

Someone said it's not coming to US retailer, but it's now listed. - so I pointed it out.

That's all.

Distribution restrictions / arrangements aside, it still weird seeing a DX VF-1 on BBTS.. but then again BBTS have been occasionally listing Arcadia valks too with somewhat similar insane mark-ups.  

4 hours ago, kyekye said:

I said I'll wait for US retailer to check price and compare.

Someone said it's not coming to US retailer, but it's now listed. - so I pointed it out.

That's all.

Not sure if you're responding defensively to user opinions complaining on BBTS pricing or posted one retailer listed it to prove a point that I am incorrect and you are correct. ok, you are correct if that makes you happy to post it.  

I hope you understand that during pre-order night reading your post of wanting to wait for US stores, it sounded like it may not have been clear to you it wasn't a WWM release. This was to HELP you and others, not to prove a point.

Pre-order night is very tricky and windows last very short. I responded to your post not to risk waiting mistakenly for US stores while opportunities for good prices at solid stores on pre-order night at Hobby Genki, AE, Nin Nin, BiginJapan all passed by very fast. 

As you can see BBTS is not worth it and it wasn't worth waiting. 

luckily  Nippon Yasan 2.0 still has some in stock available in the aftermath so we all win and hope you got your pre-order secured.

I hope we all got pre-orders in at a good price. 

BBTS just sold out of their 2 copies of the VT-1 (!), because I can't fathom the thought of anyone paying that much when there are cheaper options still available.  Therefore, they must've only had 1 or 2 for sale.

Holy Crap!

11 minutes ago, dafob said:

BBTS just sold out of their 2 copies of the VT-1 (!), because I can't fathom the thought of anyone paying that much when there are cheaper options still available.  Therefore, they must've only had 1 or 2 for sale.

Holy Crap!

That's wild that BBTS had some for sale and even wilder that they sold out at that price point!

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

But for future/upcoming series, not sure if I'm going to continue. :rolleyes: 

VF-11 DX? Virgin Road DX? 😂😅 

YF-19 DX mechanics edition? 😆🤪

Edited by seti88

IMG_2420.jpeg.d45bf986a081eea9eebff9c25fbe2998.jpegI have a feeling that they probably had some people put orders in for them on this. So it’s getting a middle man to buy for a middle man to sell. Plus the shipping and all. Either way, I’m surprised they had this up for a limited time 

I like BBTS for some orders but with markups + 12% tax and shipping costs most times it's better I just order out of Asia some place. I like buying from Plaza Japan but they don't get involved in the preorder madness unfortunately. Nice family owned place to buy from.

14 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Not sure if you're responding defensively to user opinions complaining on BBTS pricing or posted one retailer listed it to prove a point that I am incorrect and you are correct. ok, you are correct if that makes you happy to post it.  

I hope you understand that during pre-order night reading your post of wanting to wait for US stores, it sounded like it may not have been clear to you it wasn't a WWM release. This was to HELP you and others, not to prove a point.

Pre-order night is very tricky and windows last very short. I responded to your post not to risk waiting mistakenly for US stores while opportunities for good prices at solid stores on pre-order night at Hobby Genki, AE, Nin Nin, BiginJapan all passed by very fast. 

As you can see BBTS is not worth it and it wasn't worth waiting. 

luckily  Nippon Yasan 2.0 still has some in stock available in the aftermath so we all win and hope you got your pre-order secured.

I hope we all got pre-orders in at a good price. 

It was not clear for me that night as well. I'll just keep subbed to this thread.

22 hours ago, Big s said:

I have a feeling that they probably had some people put orders in for them on this. So it’s getting a middle man to buy for a middle man to sell. Plus the shipping and all. Either way, I’m surprised they had this up for a limited time 

yeah, that's pretty much it. they use a proxy. As @F360 posted, they sometimes middleman TWE japan exclusive items.  But BBTS are not consistent and do not order every TWE release. It's hit or miss... especially for Macross.  

BBTS used to carry alot of Yamato valks back in the day illegally, but when Harmony Gold went after US retailers, BBTS hid the macross links and they couldn't be found using the normal search engine. 

14 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

It was not clear for me that night as well. I'll just keep subbed to this thread.

Glad to help. 

Thanks guys for the multiple likes for the last post:good: appreciate it. 

3 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

BBTS used to carry alot of Yamato valks back in the day illegally, but when Harmony Gold went after US retailers, BBTS hid the macross links and they couldn't be found using the normal search engine.

GameStop used to carry Yammies but I can't remember if they got a C&D prior to Yamato folding.

1 hour ago, Radioguy said:

GameStop used to carry Yammies but I can't remember if they got a C&D prior to Yamato folding.

HG has a new CEO, the founder died last year. I thought that might bring changes lol foolish me. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Yeah, I use a VPN. Not that I understand what they are saying, of course. They talk about it, and have it on the desk in gerwalk and fighter modes with closeups of the open canopies and they do a little peek-a-boo by lifting the tent off Lisa and Rick. Naughty!

I bit the bullet and decided to try my luck with yoyaku. the odd thing to note, their stock quantity went from 6 available to 0 when i made the purchase, and i did not buy 6.:unknw:

I am just hopeful I don't have to call my credit card company in July for a chargeback.

8 hours ago, Radioguy said:

Yeah, I use a VPN. Not that I understand what they are saying, of course. They talk about it, and have it on the desk in gerwalk and fighter modes with closeups of the open canopies and they do a little peek-a-boo by lifting the tent off Lisa and Rick. Naughty!

Smaller version uploaded here:

1 hour ago, Radioguy said:

2 hours ago, 26662 said:

Did they hire a track team to unveil these products?

No. In case you didn’t know, they’re the voice actors from Macross Delta. Freyja, Reina, and Bouge.

Freyja and Reina’s VA are singers and part of the actual Walküre singing group.

And they exercise prior of their shows, hence the track suits. ;)