9 hours ago, Cypher DX said:

Not to go down the road of griping, the sculpts are nice and the fact someone picked up and expanded upon Mospeada without somebody interfering is pretty nice.  But a return to the more standard stuff Mospeada is known for would be a great treat in toy form.  I was always hoping for a different road to expansion on a war torn earth occupied by the inbit and the resistance and what's left of the military and manufacturing  in a few secret areas ..... such as a crashed ship larger than the garfish some place.  Redesigns and prototypes of different mecha that defended earth as well as a few incomplete recon teams surviving planet side.  There were a few non transformable defenders planet side when they invaded right?  And it always seemed the automated fighters powered down or active had something of a different integrated power system.  I would of like to see a manga explore a resistance group somehow build a manable legios out of a unmanned drone version as they discover how/why the inbit lock on to their mecha so easily.  Not so much build a homemade stealth fighter as a result, but something less prone to being locked on, a little less dependent on power cells for fuel so it doesn't get hammered outright on sight.  ...... Just my two cents considering how much of a fan I am of the series as a whole.

I would imagine though that fossil fuels would be in very short supply though. It would have to be like Macross: slush deuterium/ "heavy water". But even then, that would take some tech and their world looks pretty barren given that.

36 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

I would imagine though that fossil fuels would be in very short supply though. It would have to be like Macross: slush deuterium/ "heavy water". But even then, that would take some tech and their world looks pretty barren given that.

I was looking through the Great Mechanics G 2023 Winter article on Mospeada, and they mentioned something about the HBT power cells cause some time of intense reaction when used by the mecha in the 1st and 2nd wave—and it's that reaction that the Invit are detecting.  The stealth version in the 3rd wave are using some type of system that masks or reduces the intensity of that reaction, which 'hides' them from the Invit sensors.

So Mospeada stealth fighters are not so much 'stealthy' (in the real world sense), but more like have additional shielding and/or use the HBT power cells more efficiently (in a way that doesn't produce an externally detectable energy signature).

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone has had this but the connector pin on the display arm for one of my Legioss completely sheared off: image.jpeg.08632514e3249cc81127911258fd51a4.jpeg

I don't think there's any way to get a replacement for it from Sentinel, but it looks like the Archi stands from GokinPlus have a Sentinel adapter that should work? I've been meaning to try out some Archi stands anyways, so I guess this is the thing that pushes me over the edge on ordering some.

Shiny new Cyclone coming soon?

It looks like the Cyclone has metal swing bars for front and back wheels.

Is Toynami going to do anything with the VAF-6C Alpha Fighter prototype? It has been to a few conventions and no details of when it is to be released.

The alpha fighter prototype you see in these pictures is not a toynami product but it's a Pose+ product. They are a great brand, i own most of their super robots toys and they are awesome. They are pretty slow though and, in the last few months,  they showed other prototypes of other robots that will probably be released earlier than this. So considering the pace of their releases, i think it's probably going to take at least a couple of years. 

11 hours ago, shazam said:

Shiny new Cyclone coming soon?

D33CDEF2-AF1E-44C0-BE62-E8E4ACB19FFF.jpeg

It looks like the Cyclone has metal swing bars for front and back wheels.

The Cyclone is the prototype Moshow has been displaying for some time now. It looks like there's been no updates to the design since the last significant progress iteration shown in Oct last year, except for the odd choice of covering it in silver paint.

On 3/30/2024 at 4:47 AM, Rhubarbarian said:

Don't know if anyone has had this but the connector pin on the display arm for one of my Legioss completely sheared off: image.jpeg.08632514e3249cc81127911258fd51a4.jpeg

I don't think there's any way to get a replacement for it from Sentinel, but it looks like the Archi stands from GokinPlus have a Sentinel adapter that should work? I've been meaning to try out some Archi stands anyways, so I guess this is the thing that pushes me over the edge on ordering some.

A few folks have been having broken display arms, and Sentinel has been helpful in sending replacement ones:

4 hours ago, Robin-11 said:

The alpha fighter prototype you see in these pictures is not a toynami product but it's a Pose+ product. They are a great brand, i own most of their super robots toys and they are awesome. They are pretty slow though and, in the last few months,  they showed other prototypes of other robots that will probably be released earlier than this. So considering the pace of their releases, i think it's probably going to take at least a couple of years. 

The Alpha looks amazing.  I am glad it is a POSE figure design as you say and not solely a Toynami figure design. I don't trust Toynami's work from past experience. I can wait a few years if POSE can deliver a decent product even in the end it is stamped with a Toynami logo.

23 minutes ago, MKT said:

The Cyclone is the prototype Moshow has been displaying for some time now. It looks like there's been no updates to the design since the last significant progress iteration shown in Oct last year, except for the odd choice of covering it in silver paint.

Moshow designed the Cyclone and it's not solely a Toynami design. What a relief and thank you. 😅 

Edited by shazam

Yup Robotech finally getting some very competent toy makers lol..

The POSE+ Alpha is the same scale as the B2Five Cyclones released last year, and based on pics it is almost certain the riders are the same mold as the Alpha's pilot. Personally what would be cool, but not shown or confirmed, is if the B2Five Cyclones themselves fit into the Alpha. But that also depends if said Cyclones can sort of fold up compactly for storage and I don't have any to know if they can. 

1 hour ago, shazam said:

The Alpha looks amazing.  I am glad it is a POSE figure design as you say and not solely a Toynami figure design. I don't trust Toynami's work from past experience. I can wait a few years if POSE can deliver a decent product even in the end it is stamped with a Toynami logo.

Moshow designed the Cyclone and it's not solely a Toynami design. What a relief and thank you. 😅 

I agree 100%. I don't mind waiting as long as in the end the quality of the final product is high. Let's cross our fingers that this will be the case ;) 

2 hours ago, MKT said:

A few folks have been having broken display arms, and Sentinel has been helpful in sending replacement ones:

Only if you still have the box.  They wouldn't send me crap.

8 hours ago, Mommar said:

Only if you still have the box.  They wouldn't send me crap.

They sent me a replacement that was lost by USPS somewhere in New York. I got them to send another package and this time it came through but it was the wrong part 😔

At this point I'm going to try to make my own from 5mm steel rod.

At 1/28 scale, I am wondering how much a beast like that will retail for.  Considering that most of Toynami's releases are at the higher end of price, I am wincing at what will be the MSRP.  I am looking forward to this though, as I have loved the design of the Legioss for quite some time and wish I had the disposable income to afford one of the Sentinel offerings.  

Twich

Idk.... that monstrosity looks like a bastardization of cap's kit while they were figuring out the transformation process by frankensteining something else..... harsh comment cause when I keep looking at the thing, it's as if they are mocking sentinel and testing the fan base if they'll  purchase the prototype as is.  Pay me no mind... I"m kinda in a bad mood anyway....

Had a quick question...used to play Invid Invasion by Palladium Books.  Then onward to The Sentinels which featured the Regent, Invid In organics and several of the usual Crab guys as main line troops.   My Question is......where did they come from originally?  Was it from some experimental evolution pit that got reworked?

58 minutes ago, Cypher DX said:

The Sentinels which featured the Regent, Invid In organics and several of the usual Crab guys as main line troops.

The gatekeepers here will be quick to remind you that Robotech exists in an entirely separate continuity, and The Sentinels sequel has no relation whatsoever to Mospeada.

In fact, Mospeada now has its own sequel, Genesis Breakers.

9 hours ago, tekering said:

The gatekeepers here will be quick to remind you that Robotech exists in an entirely separate continuity, and The Sentinels sequel has no relation whatsoever to Mospeada.

In fact, Mospeada now has its own sequel, Genesis Breakers.

All of what you say here is true... but I have such soft spots for Genesis Climber, Genesis Breaker, AND Sentinels...

On 3/31/2024 at 9:55 PM, magicsp00n said:

They sent me a replacement that was lost by USPS somewhere in New York. I got them to send another package and this time it came through but it was the wrong part 😔

At this point I'm going to try to make my own from 5mm steel rod.

You guys remember Yamato? They were so darn good about sending replacements parts, or entire replacement figures, when there was any issue...

Sorry, nostalgic moment.

As you were.

On 3/30/2024 at 10:53 PM, sh9000 said:

64DEA7EE-88FD-44E5-8571-1AD7869C267E.jpeg.38f1b2745d368c4d45973f68b1c43806.jpeg

D33CDEF2-AF1E-44C0-BE62-E8E4ACB19FFF.jpeg.88d89aa386847c94f04d7793e498a7a7.jpeg

56976F52-E4DA-41D7-BB60-F466785DE41C.jpeg.467f9b235cfc074c598f09a5fe9faf6b.jpeg

A940F7E6-75D5-4C2A-9B55-24F6F34A980E.jpeg.97c38db6d3ed4163a0c209b1a0ec5a16.jpeg

5A08B8D8-C504-41E5-99A2-62073674742F.jpeg.fa8a4df3cc095f2be8e345174dafb3e6.jpeg

I hate that this is such a rip off of Sentinel's designs... and yet, take my money. I want to own this.

Honestly, I don't know that it is a huge rip off of the Sentinel. The cockpit is doing something different in soldier mode and there are definitely different interpretations at various points.

Yeah, I mean it's based on the same source material so there's bound to be a lot of similarities, However, they don't look to be using the same gimmicks like the twist down of the intake turbine sections to allow the arms to slide forward or the fact that it looks like these allow the pilots to exit out of the front hatch.  Kind of looks like it has a mid-thigh swivel also which the Sentinel versions don't have. 

18 hours ago, jenius said:

Honestly, I don't know that it is a huge rip off of the Sentinel. The cockpit is doing something different in soldier mode and there are definitely different interpretations at various points.

I was referring to the MOSPEADA, and not the LEGIOSS.

11 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I was referring to the MOSPEADA, and not the LEGIOSS.

Both of them do have some differences on how or what Sentinel released. But both Mospeada and Legioss are rip-offs of Sentinel. 

I recently picked up a 19 page Mospeada pre-production marketing art booklet on one of the Japanese auctions sites for a whopping $20

Included is an early description of what the series was going to be about, and it had some very early (Feb 83) pre-prod designs (Diver mode was referenced as Gerwalk in the text block...since what the hell is a 'diver'...but they knew Gerwalk from Macross lol. It is noted as Diver in the actual Art)

Note the extra large cannons and the early helmet designs n the Ride-Armor, and the rounded heels and rectangular intakes on the Legioss.

These are a right about the time of the awesome set released by Roger Harkavy in the "Imai Files" collection. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rogerharkavy/albums/72157623041361265/

Example of little differences-notice the earlier B&W version (feb) vs the awesome colorized from Roger (march)

image.png.aeb67a847d7126b315274790dcb723bc.png

20240406_200332.jpg

20240406_200349.jpg

20240406_200400.jpg

20240406_200423.jpg

20240406_200438.jpg

20240406_200446.jpg

20240406_200453.jpg

20240406_200501.jpg

20240406_200518.jpg

20240406_200525.jpg

20240406_200535.jpg

20240406_200543.jpg

20240406_200551.jpg

20240406_200608.jpg

20240406_200625.jpg

20240406_200645.jpg

20240406_200653.jpg

20240406_200704.jpg

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

I recently picked up a 19 page Mospeada pre-production marketing art booklet on one of the Japanese auctions sites for a whopping $20

Included is an early description of what the series was going to be about, and it had some very early (Feb 83) pre-prod designs (Diver mode was referenced as Gerwalk in the text block...since what the hell is a 'diver'...but they knew Gerwalk from Macross lol. It is noted as Diver in the actual Art)

Note the extra large cannons and the early helmet designs n the Ride-Armor, and the rounded heels and rectangular intakes on the Legioss.

These are a right about the time of the awesome set released by Roger Harkavy in the "Imai Files" collection. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rogerharkavy/albums/72157623041361265/

Example of little differences-notice the earlier B&W version (feb) vs the awesome colorized from Roger (march)

image.png.aeb67a847d7126b315274790dcb723bc.png

20240406_200332.jpg

20240406_200349.jpg

20240406_200400.jpg

20240406_200423.jpg

20240406_200438.jpg

20240406_200446.jpg

20240406_200453.jpg

20240406_200501.jpg

20240406_200518.jpg

20240406_200525.jpg

20240406_200535.jpg

20240406_200543.jpg

20240406_200551.jpg

20240406_200608.jpg

20240406_200625.jpg

20240406_200645.jpg

20240406_200653.jpg

20240406_200704.jpg

Wow, that's a really nice find. Some nice art in there. That's pretty funny they actually listed gerwalk in there.

The initial Ride Armor helmets look very Bioroid-ish.

They definitely went with the right choice by going with the smooth helmet design.  Looks more hero-ish.