Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Plus YF-21

Berkut

15 minutes ago, Dinosaur said:

I refreshed the AmiAmi page on the exact time the preorders opened and it was instantly sold out. 

This is demoralizing. :C

That's pretty much how high demand pre-orders go at AmiAmi.

1 minute ago, Actar said:

Do they charge immediately or only upon release?

The only thing I got from them on PO was the DX VF1J and that has been awhile... but if memory serves I thought I paid on release... But that could have changed as that was 5 years ago.

5 minutes ago, scand said:

The only thing I got from them on PO was the DX VF1J and that has been awhile... but if memory serves I thought I paid on release... But that could have changed as that was 5 years ago.

Thanks! I ordered one just in case. (^.^')

Untitled1.png.cdb04cad10aec44aabe456ca7b47391c.png

I find it really interesting how it's still showing up as "On Sale Soon" on one of my browsers...

Edited by Actar

1 hour ago, Actar said:

Do they charge immediately or only upon release?

BBTS is charging $350, plus $4 S&H. Amazon may be charging $20 less for the valk, but what's their shipping cost like? I'm thinking BBTS is looking pretty fair, as most of the other e-tailers are likely to be in the same ballpark, especially once shipping is tacked on. The only negative thing about BBTS is that they seem to take longer than other stores to get their stock.

I'm curious to see what the US Gundam store will price it. If it's in the $300+ range as well, it's a notable contrast to the DX YF-19, arguably the more popular of the M+ valks, which has a current PO price of $250. All things considered, however, it's a bit surreal after years of midnight madness to score a Macross valk to see these toys now available, sometimes for weeks, on American stores' inventories. Dream come true.

1 hour ago, scand said:

Just FYI that this listing is from a third party seller. Total of Y56198 ($387) shipped to US. For that price, best to order at BBTS.

Screenshot2024-01-10at8_37_42PM.png.fa240d498486cacaf6aef320ed925136.png

1 hour ago, M'Kyuun said:

BBTS is charging $350, plus $4 S&H. Amazon may be charging $20 less for the valk, but what's their shipping cost like? I'm thinking BBTS is looking pretty fair, as most of the other e-tailers are likely to be in the same ballpark, especially once shipping is tacked on. The only negative thing about BBTS is that they seem to take longer than other stores to get their stock.

I'm curious to see what the US Gundam store will price it. If it's in the $300+ range as well, it's a notable contrast to the DX YF-19, arguably the more popular of the M+ valks, which has a current PO price of $250. All things considered, however, it's a bit surreal after years of midnight madness to score a Macross valk to see these toys now available, sometimes for weeks, on American stores' inventories. Dream come true.

For most BBTS also charges state tax according to the buyer's location. For me it would be almost another 30$+ ontop of the 350 and 5$ s&h.

I'm thankful folks were able to get a copy from BBTS, but I just couldn't bring myself to support their out-the-gate price. Being a WWM release, I'm expecting to be able to walk into a local store and buy one off their shelf at a lower price than BBTS is posting (both my 0S and Kairos were like that). There's something special about finally being able to walk into an ordinary local hobby store and just finding one of these unicorns to buy.

I realized I managed to snag both my VF-0/Ghost and YF-21 from AmiAmi, release dates are May and June respectively... Does anyone have insight on if AmiAmi will entertain combining those two items to ship together?

2 minutes ago, Test_Pilot_2 said:

I realized I managed to snag both my VF-0/Ghost and YF-21 from AmiAmi, release dates are May and June respectively... Does anyone have insight on if AmiAmi will entertain combining those two items to ship together?

From my experience, both hobby search and amiami are a stick in the mud when it comes to arranging shipment in ways the recombination tools on their site isn't made to handle. Cross month preorders being one of those things they won't do, even if you know they are literally on consecutive days split between the two months. At most, amiami does have the function to let you tack on additional already in stock items to a released prerorder before their payment deadline. Hobby search will just nope you in that regard.

The other stores that offer warehouse services and handle that kind of stuff through messaging is much more flexible in these situations, but generally cost more. You get what you pay for i guess.

11 minutes ago, PointBlankSniper said:

From my experience, both hobby search and amiami are a stick in the mud when it comes to arranging shipment in ways the recombination tools on their site isn't made to handle. Cross month preorders being one of those things they won't do, even if you know they are literally on consecutive days split between the two months. At most, amiami does have the function to let you tack on additional already in stock items to a released prerorder before their payment deadline. Hobby search will just nope you in that regard.

The other stores that offer warehouse services and handle that kind of stuff through messaging is much more flexible in these situations, but generally cost more. You get what you pay for i guess.

Thank you for helping me manage my expectations. I'm expecting them to "nope" me then. All I can do is ask, right?

After pre-ordering 2 from LunaPark within the first few minutes of availability (don't really care about the price mark-up as it was my first available option when I went online to order), I'm having a moment of reflection today and appreciating the fact that this thing actually managed to make it into production and get made and I'll have it in my hand sometime in June.  😊

I was very surprised and happy when my wife got the preorder through BBTS yesterday. I am very excited for this and can’t wait for this to arrive!

Twich

12 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

For most BBTS also charges state tax according to the buyer's location. For me it would be almost another 30$+ ontop of the 350 and 5$ s&h.

Yeah, for me I think total price from BBTS was about $380.

2 hours ago, rematron said:

After pre-ordering 2 from LunaPark within the first few minutes of availability (don't really care about the price mark-up as it was my first available option when I went online to order), I'm having a moment of reflection today and appreciating the fact that this thing actually managed to make it into production and get made and I'll have it in my hand sometime in June.  😊

Honestly... I may bitch about the price. But I would have paid $500 for it (probably shouldn't say that out loud :D)

I know this is a highly  anticipated release...but let's try to get back on topic...this thread is for the discussion of the actual toy....

Some may be new to MW and may not be aware that if you need to discuss a PO related matter you should post in the dedicated PO thread....thanks!

https://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/49032-macrossworlds-po-thread-first-po-of-2024-will-be-jan-10th-4pm-jstdx-chogokin-yf-21-guld-goa-bowman-machine-wwm-releasepost-links-to-available-pos-and-keep-discussions-on-pos-here/page/94/#comment-1685459

Does the YF-21 have any missile hardpoints?   (I guess in the Macross Plus show, the missiles were stored internally?)

I noticed that the YF-21 is listed as including Fast Packs, but seems to completely lack all the missiles that had come with the original DX Chogokin YF-19 release.... though, admittedly, the YF-19 re-issue did not include missiles either.

6 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Does the YF-21 have any missile hardpoints?   (I guess in the Macross Plus show, the missiles were stored internally?)

I noticed that the YF-21 is listed as including Fast Packs, but seems to completely lack all the missiles that had come with the original DX Chogokin YF-19 release.... though, admittedly, the YF-19 re-issue did not include missiles either.

The fact that the 21 comes with the struts for fold booster could be a sign for an immediate accessory pack release down the road? -DX Missile and fold booster set for YF-19/YF-21, for 18,000 yen.😁 Preorder closed before it ever opened again!

Edited by Angesdad

7 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

For what we saw in the animation neither the YF 21 or the YF 19 were animated with hard points (in Macross 7 I don remember seeing a VF-19 or a VF-22 with hard points) But both are animated with fast packs and fold booster. The YF-21 equipped with the fold booster can be seen for a few frames in the chapter 3 of the OVAs right after Isamu scapes from the base.

17 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Although not "official"....VFMF seems to think the loadout could be quite extensive...

image.png.d92cc979c05356e2728b72cb105025c1.png

The internal micro missiles are in here somewhere...

image.png.b49c0db74bcfa45c67471d6ee710ed31.png

Thanks for this.

I was hunting YouTube for Macross 7's episode 49 but could not find it anymore.  I know it used to be on YT a few years back. I was hoping to see the final battle scene where Max flies in with the VF-22. Oh well....

4 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Thanks for this.

I was hunting YouTube for Macross 7's episode 49 but could not find it anymore.  I know it used to be on YT a few years back. I was hoping to see the final battle scene where Max flies in with the VF-22. Oh well....

Nevermind.... Found it at DailyMotion.

Looks like the missiles fired by Max's VF-22 are internally-stored micro-missiles.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

13 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I don't think there was anything "micro" about those missiles.  As I recall, they stripped out everything else, and loaded him with reaction torpedoes.

They don't look like reaction missiles to me....

image.png.cd6af0aca47d17b1a7687a39d3981709.pngimage.png.98809ecddf8733792eceabe54fcc257d.pngimage.png.8e47e574313dd4042652cf8c02913a63.png

6 minutes ago, Froy said:

From EP 44

Screenshot_20240111-1715482.png.692a496dd7297649aca88996ad8deb7f.pngScreenshot_20240111-1716182.png.12c01fe72d115c6ce0a8bf1a993eaa82.png

This one is a reaction missile

Yep, that's the one I was thinking of.  It's been a long time since I saw that episode, and I though I remembered some bit from that episode about unloading the smaller missiles to make room for it, but that might just be my imagination. ^_^ 

You know if Bandai doesn't feel like goin down the Mac7 Rabbit Hole why not do a Wright Immelman VF-22 from Mac Delta so they can get extra mileage out of most of the YF-21 mold *huffs hopium*

Edited by Duymon

1 hour ago, Duymon said:

You know if Bandai doesn't feel like goin down the Mac7 Rabbit Hole why not do a Wright Immelman VF-22 from Mac Delta so they can get extra mileage out of most of the YF-21 mold *huffs hopium*

Ever since I saw that VF-22 in delta, I've been hoping we'd get that valk: I love the low viz schemes and wish we'd get more grey cannon fodders in general!

8 minutes ago, dur said:

Ever since I saw that VF-22 in delta, I've been hoping we'd get that valk: I love the low viz schemes and wish we'd get more grey cannon fodders in general!

Yeah I'm a big sucker for Greys too :D

220590467_2639528326351178_5941754603835241686_n.png.26b7ef116dc028cfb0cc812e547ef83e.png