Oh you freakin’ bastards! :lol:

So,

Spoiler

is Din just a dumbass that slipped, or did the Mythasaur grab him?

Nice tease with not showing the whole Mythasaur.

I guess Hasbro needs to release a Bo-Katan sword and shield variant now.

Nice to see that Bo has grown from all her experiences and isn’t some power hungry bastard trying to take the sword at any opportunity.

Great episode. 

Spoiler

Bo Katan isn't interested in taking the dark saber dishonorably. Otherwise she would have taken it last season when Din offered it to her. 
It's a little ret-con-y ,that added bit about the Mythosaur rising from the waters , and thus being adopted as the symbol ,in ancient days. Best not mention they were hunted to extinction originally. 
And I believe that R-5 is from ANH . A serious veteran!

Does anyone know who that cool bad guy was on Mandalore? 

3 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

In this week's episode Bo watches Mando take a bath but he's a never nude so it don't get too excited.

Lol. And she saves him enough times , he's gonna be her squire. :lol: Otherwise plenty of action!

16 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Does anyone know who that cool bad guy was on Mandalore? 

Spoiler

Dead. :D

Probably just some rando alien that harvests the blood of any Mandalorian foolish enough to go down towards his area.

15 minutes ago, Mog said:
  Hide contents

Dead. :D

Probably just some rando alien that harvests the blood of any Mandalorian foolish enough to go down towards his area.

Probably :lol: Oh ya, one more thought..

Spoiler

It was hella obvious Bo Katan can wield the dark saber better than Din Jarin.

5 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

In this week's episode Bo watches Mando take a bath but he's a never nude so it don't get too excited.

This week on The Mandalorian

Spoiler

Watch as Bo Katan saves Mando’s ass…twice.

So far this season has been…meh. Not bad…but not terribly good either. 

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

Probably :lol: Oh ya, one more thought..

Hide contents

It was hella obvious Bo Katan can wield the dark saber better than Din Jarin.

Well, she has seen Ahsoka kicking all sorts of butt back in the day.

. . . And she got a front row seat to another Force-wielding maniac playing Highlander with a person’s head.

So, she’s got visual examples to refer back to, that ol’ Din never got to see.

They're saying baby Yoda spent up to 2 years away training with Luke.

That time line doesn't make sense when you include the events of the Book of Boba Fett. Unless he and Fennec(?) Did nothing for 2 years before killing Bibb.  

1 minute ago, Roy Focker said:

They're saying baby Yoda spent up to 2 years away training with Luke.

That time line doesn't make sense when you include the events of the Book of Boba Fett. Unless he and Fennec(?) Did nothing for 2 years before killing Bibb.  

I think Boba spent two years with the Tuskens, or at least a year and a half or so. 

Welp, that was a very jarring ep.

Spoiler

Loved the dogfight and the story implications with Bo allowed into the cult.  Gonna be weird not knowing what Bo’s thinking, without seeing Katee Sackhoff’s facial expressions.

But wow, was that a massive juxtaposition going from the dogfight to Dr. Pershing’s story.  I’m guessing the Imp. lady wanted the doctor to pay for what happened on Gideon’s ship.  

But I do feel a little sorry for the dude.

Lastly, I guess this confirms that Mando is an idiot, and it was NOT the Mythosaur that dragged him down.

Episode 3 was both good and stupid. I was entertained. It kept my interest throughout. As for the stupid,

New Republic appears to condone questionable medical treatments. That we have real world equivalents for which have been so controversial in the past that are only used today for extreme cases. That's if they haven't been stopped altogether. I'm sure in the writer's room they just thought that would be a good idea for the episode but when you remember that New Republic/Rebels are supposed to be the side with morals it doesn't look good.

Prequel CGI sets are still alive.

That was very complicated way to take care of a delicate issue. With all those high walkways and zero guardrails it would have been easier cause an accident.

Someone on another board suggested that the TIE Interceptors and TIE Bombers were probably from the Chimaera (Thrawn’s ship). :ph34r:

Edited by Mog

I hope not but it would make sense considering the people running the show. I really like it when the lead character of a show has their own allies and villains to deal with. Disney is all about the Marvel formula of everything promoting the next project.

On 3/15/2023 at 11:19 PM, Mog said:

Someone on another board suggested that the TIE Interceptors and TIE Bombers were probably from the Chimaera (Thrawn’s ship). :ph34r:

Which raises the question, why would Thrawn commit such resources to taking out Bo-Katan? She doesn't seem like she's in a position to be much of a threat at the moment. But logistically speaking, given that Interceptors and Bombers weren't as common as TIE Fighters, it makes sense that they would have come from a full-size ISD. It makes me wonder from where they were deployed (as in how close to the planet so as not to be obvious), though.

There's no good reason why he should target her with force that could only come from a major player. Whatever he has planned Thrawn is smart enough to keep out of sight until the time is right.  But...

They need some surprise reveal to get you to watch the next show so it does make sense for the Empire's greatest strategist to do something dumb.

United Mando’s posing a threat? Wanting to keep folks off of Mandalore? Holds a grudge against them?  Gideon’s with him and wants to pay a receipt back to Bo (wreck his home, now he wrecks hers)? 🤷🏽‍♂️

Nice cameo in that flashback.

It was pretty much a pointless episode. A rescue mission where time is of the essence, but they take their time doing it. I'm tired of this Mandalorian cult stuff. Season 1 & 2 was about his growth outside of it. You were'nt supposed to idolize his stunted life with them. This season you're supposed to idolize them? 

What is the goal of this season? 4 episodes in and do we even know what it is about? There're a few things that could be happening none have shown themselves. Who was behind the attack on Bo's home in episode 3? Why wasn't this episode about them talking about it? You know things like some Imperial guy really doesn't like us visiting our home world we better find out why.

I suspect they’re building Bo’s connection to this cult.  She doesn’t seem to be underhanded in her dealings with them.

She does some hero-ing and then they fix up her armor (and give Hasbro an excuse to re-release her figure with new details).

We see Grogu getting some Mando training and a little bit of his backstory.  

And we get to see what House of the Dragons would look like if the sers had flying jet packs! 😜

Pretty cool. I enjoyed this episode. 

Spoiler

So first we get the rifle from the holiday special, that Boba was using ,(Din was using one previously)  and now we will have Mando"s riding flying beasts , as Boba was also doing in the holiday special. 

I also enjoyed the flashback, seeing more of what we know happened. I'm sure we will see more. And as much as I don't particularly agree with Din's sect, like Bo Katan, I appreciate their honorable ways. And it's not a bad thing for Bo to be gaining more allies. 

There have been some really cool moments this season, but it just feels like their buried in so much bad writing.  "yeah dad, I'm fine, I survived a day and a half in the bird things gullet,"  Why would the bird only kill the kid if it saw the other Mandalorians, was it letting it's chicks get to know him before dinner time?  That whole premise just doesn't make sense.   It sure feels like they're writing the story around a couple of "cool" scenes, and it just isn't working, same problem The Last Jedi had. 

4 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I'll just leave this here.....but yeh, I'm totally with the Drinker 100% on this. 

Yeah, he's on the money.  Other than The Bad Batch (I've read that Andor was good too, but it didn't attract enough viewers to justify its existence... bad timing following crap like BoBF and Kenobi), everything post TLJ has cultivated one singular outcome: apathy from the majority of long term fans, and failure to attract, in any significant numbers, the "modern audience" (individuals who, by and large, care nothing for the franchise past their Twitter echo chambers, and don't buy merchandize) that they've been obsessed in securing since Disney acquired Lucas Film.  Quite an anti-achievement, actually... to turn a license to print money cultural phenomenon into a moribund streaming service content with ever diminishing returns.

12 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

Am I the only one who just couldn't help thinking "there's no way they all fit in that ship"? 

Yeah, I thought that too.  But if they ever make Bo’s ship, they better add that trio and the troop drop area. 🤪

Also, wonder if Grogu’s gonna OB (over-beskar) one of these days.

For context:  

6 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I'll just leave this here.....but yeh, I'm totally with the Drinker 100% on this. 

Bitter and sneeringly contemptuous. For someone who " didn't even know season 3was coming out until someone mentioned it..." he sure is a SW aficionado, isn't he..🙄 In all fairness, i do agree with some of his points. Including the beginning of the disaster with the new trilogy. And ,despite his shortcomings, Lucas' love and complete understanding of the universe he created. There's a few more points I would agree with, but this guy is dripping with sh!t talk and that just makes him sound like nothing but a hater who loves making jokes about it. I don't expect he'll be watching anymore SW and can move on to something else. Like apparently everyone else. 

I’m sure the drinker entertains somebody, but that somebody isn’t me. He comes off like a crazy uncle who repeats bad jokes and myopic views. That schtick got old quick.

Is Star Wars always 10/10 perfect? No, but it isn’t shameful either. It’s still fun, IMO. I enjoyed this week’s episode, even if it didn’t move the plot needle too much. I liked the flashbacks, the build up of Bo Katan, the in-flight combat with the mama bird, even the goofy Grogu bits at the Mandalorian camp.

2 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Other than The Bad Batch (I've read that Andor was good too, but it didn't attract enough viewers to justify its existence... bad timing following crap like BoBF and Kenobi),

Bad Batch main story line episodes are awesome, Andor along with the last four episodes of the Clone Wars is the best Star Wars Disney has put out, and would be a great show even if it wasn't in the Star Wars Universe.  You seriously need to watch it, just be patient when you do, it's a very slow burn.

33 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Is Star Wars always 10/10 perfect? No, but it isn’t shameful either. It’s still fun, IMO. I enjoyed this week’s episode, even if it didn’t move the plot needle too much. I liked the flashbacks, the build up of Bo Katan, the in-flight combat with the mama bird, even the goofy Grogu bits at the Mandalorian camp.

I want my Star Wars to make sense and be internally consistent.  Andor has shown how good a well written Star Wars show can be.  This season of the Mandalorian has had to many "and then that happened"  moments.  It's just not great writing, and I'm afraid they haven't learned the lessons of The Book of Boba Fett or Kenobi.  I'm not going to tell you what art you can and can't like, but the numbers bear out that I'm not alone, and people are losing interest.

Explanation of "and then"

Edited by levzloi

5 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Apparently.:p And he did a great job doing it! I'm happy for the guy to finally shine through.

Definitely, No actor deserves crap for giving the performance that the director asks for, and he and Jake Loyd took a lot of crap.