• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/12/2022 at 11:46 AM, Mog said:

Go full Highlander, lop off their heads, and store ‘em in the Grogu port or under the astromech droid.

Yeah, just forget the whole “bring them in warm” part and go straight to “cold.” 

Seriously though, I wonder if he’s even going to be doing much bounty hunting for a while, since his life was opened up to such larger causes in season 2. He’s got to reinstate himself with the clan, for one.

45 minutes ago, Thom said:

True, but then Boba, if that is who we are talking about, is not a Mandalorian.

Did you forget?

If the story goes in the direction it seems to be going....Grogu may one day be considered a Mandalorian too...going from foundling to becoming a Mandalorian...just like his "daddy"...

14 hours ago, azrael said:

Depends on your definition of "Mandalorian".

Good point. The definition has been quite loose for a long time. Considering any youngling adopted and taught in the ways( certainly not exclusively These new mando's ways) is considered to be Mandalorian. 

The waters are muddled for Boba but Jango was a foundling raised in Mandalorian customs. What ways and customs Jango taught Boba are unknown and up to interpretation. Boba honors the custom of wearing his family’s armor and some codes of honor but he doesn’t call himself a Mandalorian. So we come back to the age old question; are you Mandalorian because of birth, or because you follow the Way? Depends who you ask. ;)

I think it's smart on Boba for not claiming the boy who cried Mando. He doesn't have to bend to any rules or bs. If I recall correctly, in the novels,  he was even reluctant to be Mandalore. The surviving clans wanted him.

Edited by Bolt

13 minutes ago, Bolt said:

:lol: 

Season 3 will be illuminating! I'm sure dented bucket head will make an appearance ;)

He'll reverse hijack the show in the final episodes....hopefully, killing Bo Katan in the process....she thinks Boba is a disgrace, yet she's the idiot who lost control of the dark saber....

That's the other thing I don't understand....is the process involving Mandalorian leadership based on possession of the Dark Saber not known to all Mandalorians?  You'd think such a thing would be common knowledge to all Mandalorians, especially the most hard core practitioners like Din and his sect...why would he just want to hand it off to Bo, knowing you just can't simply hand off the Dark Saber...and didn't Bo know that as well when she was given it in the first place?

Edited by jvmacross

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

That's the other thing I don't understand....is the process involving Mandalorian leadership based on possession of the Dark Saber not known to all Mandalorians?  You'd think such a thing would be common knowledge to all Mandalorians, especially the most hard core practitioners like Din and his sect...why would he just want to hand it off to Bo, knowing you just can't simply hand off the Dark Saber...and didn't Bo know that as well when she was given it in the first place?

Moff Gideon isn't Mandalorian and we don't know how he got it off Bo-Katan during the purge, i.e., he probably stole it. Sabine stole it from Maul's hidey hole on Dathomir but when she "won" it back (and Gar Saxon stole it from her so he didn't "earn" it either), she technically got back what she stole. Bo-Katan could have simply accepted it from Mando, but seeing how it went last time...If she wants the clans to back her this time around, she's gotta do it the right way. As Gideon said, the weapon itself isn't powerful, but the story and myth behind it is where the power is.

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

He'll reverse hijack the show in the final episodes....hopefully, killing Bo Katan in the process....she thinks Boba is a disgrace, yet she's the idiot who lost control of the dark saber....

I was thinking Din’s group didn’t follow the same rules and may not be concerned with rulership as much as others. I don’t know for sure since I mainly watch the live action stuff 

4 hours ago, Dynaman said:

This whole thing with the darksaber reeks of "a watery tart hurling a scimitar at you" anyway.

Would you prefer an autonomous collective with supreme executive power wielded by a weekly appointed member with minor decisions approved in committee by a simple majority?