The Mandalorian - Star Wars webseries from Jon Favreau

SMS007

On 1/28/2021 at 9:14 PM, Tking22 said:

Slow your roll, I meant she looks good in her dropper armor with her big guns she gets to use. She's obviously far from her UFC days physically, which I think is fine, I've made it head canon she was probably in better shape in her actual dropper days, and it's been years since Endor.

I hate to beat on this. But, I think you missed my point completely.

-I don’t expect her to be in UFC shape. If she was a spec ops type she wouldn’t be in UFC shape. You can’t run that lean and do spec ops stuff.

-Her spec ops weight would be about 10lb heavier than her UFC weight. That would be a good healthy weight with enough energy storage to do things like long missions and have the extra strength that comes from being carb’d up.

-Her retired spec ops weight would IMO be about 10lb more than that. Not 50lb. One, spec ops types for the most part never let themselves go. Two, she still has a job to do that requires her abilities. I wasn’t kidding when I said I would be surprised if she could run. I think it’s fair to say in her current job she needs to be able to run…..at a minimum.

Her look doesn’t jive with my head cannon because I’m basing it on reality. A reality that is the same in the real world as it is the Mandalorian.

On 1/28/2021 at 9:14 PM, Tking22 said:

Also woke knights? C'mon now, don't turn this into 4chan or an IGN comment section, we're all above the age of 12 here.

Ok, next time I will wait for the woke/white knight talking points then reply. I see them quite often on here. Everyone is not above the age of 12.

On 1/28/2021 at 11:58 PM, Mog said:

...chasing a bounty on foot for more than five minutes?  Okay, then we’ll have to bring up Boba’s weight.

But he has a jetpack, missiles, flame throwers, etc.....only an idiot would chase down his quarry with all that...

Plus....it is insinuated that he survived a Sarlaac and probably a Krayt Dragon a mere 5 years ago....

All you fanboys need to zip it, this is a fantasy show not reality...sheesh!  

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

Her look doesn’t jive with my head cannon because I’m basing it on reality. A reality that is the same in the real world as it is the Mandalorian.

I get that, I do, I just think it's a matter of myself being more capable of suspending disbelief in this area, whereas you know and are more familiar with physical fitness IRL. Which I could see the obvious hang up, she's absolutely not in shape for even the implied action she's involved in, let alone what we see on screen. You know between filming takes, in full costume with props, she's needing some time to recuperate, not even something to consider as realistic if the situation and equipment were real.

It then makes you wonder how she even got the roll. She was no longer a big name, she's not a great actor, she's no longer in good shape, and then we get women cast in other roles that seem far more realistic for her role, Sasha Banks and Katee Sackhoff come to mind. I still like her in the roll, I still think she looks reeeeeal good, I like them thicc, and badass, I just immediately chalk it up to more suspending disbelief.

I think i understand what she was trying to convey, but feel that the way she approached and chosen to reference was an ill choice. However people have been clambering for her termination for quite some time over the last 6 months. Sometimes you gotta step back cause which is more important in this business? bringing out your political views which are in opposition to the changing environment? Or, getting to continue working on projects that could open up big opportunities?

28 minutes ago, mcfly50 said:

The reaction to her comments actually proves her point.

Considering that she only lost her job, and wasn't ripped out of her home while her family & friends were systematically murdered around her while she is dehumanizing interred and forced to live in fear, I'd say no, that doesn't prove her point at all, but it does shine a light on how ignorant she & anyone who agrees with her is.

PLENTY of ignorance on display right now... let us not fall prey to this BS, eh?:friends:

4 hours ago, Hikuro said:

bringing out your political views which are in opposition to the changing environment? Or, getting to continue working on projects that could open up big opportunities?

And when people ask why Stalinist or Nazis regimes didn't get stopped by their general populace, this is how. Good people trying not to rock the boat out of fear that they will be targeted next. Staying silent for the sake of their lives and livelihood because to speak up is to invite personal disaster.

The point she was making is that facism, dehumanization, intolerance, and hate are being made by those that think they are being righteous when in fact they are being anti-liberal and are supporting marginalizing others. Throughout history people in power have abused that power and persecuted others.  With the amount of hate and bullying coming from some today against those they don’t agree with, it is not far off at all to conceive that people will not just lose their jobs, but maybe even imprisoned by the state (or worse) for their beliefs because society deemed them “undesirables.”  American history is full of examples of people the majority didn’t agree with being treated terribly. Besides, the Nazis didn’t just start by executions.  That came years later after those they deemed lesser forms of life weren’t even allowed to work in society. Remember the arm bands? Sadly, that is a fact of history and human nature and should be fought against.  I believe that is what she was trying to convey and there is some really good stuff out there on the “good German” and how the people of nazi Germany failed to stop the atrocities that occurred.

Edited by mcfly50

/\ Both of the above. :good:

Edited by slide

Nah, pretty sure she was just saying "I should be allowed to say or do whatever hateful thing I want without backlash 'cus 'merica, calling me out on speech that hurts others is like nazi oppression", forgetting that the freedom to attack others comes with the freedom of others to call her out for those attacks. She backtracked her tweet because it didn't get the desired support she thought it'd garner.