Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

3 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Well, reaching out to BiJ for a DHL quote paid off: instead of the ¥6800 additional for EMS shipping, DHL's was "only" ¥4510... over a $22.00 savings.  I should be getting their shipping notification fairly soon, and the Angel Bird before the end of the month. :yahoo:

Nice. I couldn’t be arsed, so paid the extra $19 after the exchange rate. LoL! No big deal since I’ve curbed my plastic addiction of late. These purchases are fewer and far between for me now.

2 hours ago, MKT said:

Ok so the special stand is no more packaged separately but included into the main box. :good:  

For the others, Bandai figured they might get reissued without the stand, so it made sense to do standalone packaging. For this, they know they will never reissue it. 

10 hours ago, jenius said:

For the others, Bandai figured they might get reissued without the stand, so it made sense to do standalone packaging. For this, they know they will never reissue it. 

Ah now it makes sense.. I kinda forgot the Angel Birds are TWE items.

I decided to pull the trigger for two...for the amont of space i have (and the amount of money) it looked like the perfect number for me. And i was lucky i could get both for a good price.i was wondering though, was anyone able to recreate a Hikaru's figure for the fan racer included in the VF-1D? I wanted to display mine with the Fan racer in the middle but there was only one pilot in the box of the 1D... i wouldn't mind buying a resin (or plastic) copy (possibly without the helmet) and painted it myself.

I would love to see someone recreate a screenshot of all 5 from SDFM.  I only ordered one otherwise I'd try it.  The cotton smoke trails would be easy to do.  

And 5 HMRs would have been very easy to pull off.

2 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I would love to see someone recreate a screenshot of all 5 from SDFM.  I only ordered one otherwise I'd try it.  The cotton smoke trails would be easy to do.  

And 5 HMRs would have been very easy to pull off.

I did it for the Yamato 1/48…no cotton smoke trails though..

On 1/28/2023 at 11:02 AM, Robin-11 said:

I decided to pull the trigger for two...for the amont of space i have (and the amount of money) it looked like the perfect number for me. And i was lucky i could get both for a good price.i was wondering though, was anyone able to recreate a Hikaru's figure for the fan racer included in the VF-1D? I wanted to display mine with the Fan racer in the middle but there was only one pilot in the box of the 1D... i wouldn't mind buying a resin (or plastic) copy (possibly without the helmet) and painted it myself.

I think I ended up pulling a Hikaru from a Yammie 1/60 VF-1D I had in battroid mode.

Edited by vladykins

49 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm assuming @Robin-11 wanted a Hikaru with the Fan Racer goggles on and not with the helmet.

That would be perfect but at this point i would go with one with an helmet too...my VF-1D is in gerwalk mode holding Minmey in one of its hands...i like that pose and i really don't want to change it. I hoped Bandai was going to put an extra pilot on the angel birds release....but knowing bandai they will probably be organizing a lottery. Send 5 coupons of the 5 angel birds you bought and you will have the chance to win an extra Hikaru Hichijo figure without the helmet to put into the Fan racer...jokes aside i really hope to find one sooner or later. What about the one in the arcadia release of the fan racer?

11 minutes ago, Robin-11 said:

That would be perfect but at this point i would go with one with an helmet too...my VF-1D is in gerwalk mode holding Minmey in one of its hands...i like that pose and i really don't want to change it. I hoped Bandai was going to put an extra pilot on the angel birds release....but knowing bandai they will probably be organizing a lottery. Send 5 coupons of the 5 angel birds you bought and you will have the chance to win an extra Hikaru Hichijo figure without the helmet to put into the Fan racer...jokes aside i really hope to find one sooner or later. What about the one in the arcadia release of the fan racer?

HAHAHA yeah, that would be nice. I forget if I pulled form the Yammie 1/60 1D v1 or v2 (I'd have to look back, but I think it was v2, since I think the pilots were different on v1). Here's what he looks like in there:

No description available.

4 hours ago, Robin-11 said:

What about the one in the arcadia release of the fan racer?

Hikaru with goggles came with the Pearl Grey and Clear versions of the Fan Racer kit. The first release didn’t came with any figure. 

Edited by no3Ljm

8 hours ago, vladykins said:

HAHAHA yeah, that would be nice. I forget if I pulled form the Yammie 1/60 1D v1 or v2 (I'd have to look back, but I think it was v2, since I think the pilots were different on v1). Here's what he looks like in there:

No description available.

Yes, it was the V2 for sure. I have the V1 and the two pilots are just regular SDFM pilots wearing a white and green uniform :( 

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hikaru with goggles came with the Pearl Grey and Clear versions of the Fan Racer kit. The first release didn’t came with any figure. 

Thanks, but i think it would be really expensive to hunt down for one, unfortunately. I will keep an eye open for them anyway, thanks for the info!

If the stupid Fanracer was actually 1/48, I would just say go looking for some kind of flying circus or crop duster pilot... but a real 1/48 pilot won't fit in that thing. :rolleyes: 

I'm pretty sure there are some 3D printed options available though.  If you go looking through the project sections, I think someone may have the model ready to print.

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

If the stupid Fanracer was actually 1/48, I would just say go looking for some kind of flying circus or crop duster pilot... but a real 1/48 pilot won't fit in that thing. :rolleyes: 

I'm pretty sure there are some 3D printed options available though.  If you go looking through the project sections, I think someone may have the model ready to print.

Thanks, i will definitely look into that!