Nice X-Wing, is that the one that was a TRU exclusive maybe 5-6 years ago?

Actually, it's the one from NINE years ago. :blink:Linky.

Technically though, I bought it off of eBay back in 2006, shortly after they released the VTSC X-Wing Pilot Luke. Figured a bad-ass figure like that particular Luke needed an appropriately tough-looking ride to compliment him.

Display case advice question:

I have an older IKEA cabinet that is about 18" wide x 68" tall x 18" deep, wood framed with glass on three sides (somewhat similar to the current "Grevback" model on the IKEA site. While it's been a great cabinet, I'm looking for something a bit bigger to accomodate more of my collection, perhaps around 24" wide and around the same height. Preferably something that can lock or have a lock installed on it. Not looking for anything fancy, as this sits in my garage/mancave.

Any advice on a particular cabinet? Or source of good/cheap cabinets?

Sorry, Majestic. Wish I could help. :(

My solution to needing more display spaces/areas was to build more shelves. But that doesn't exactly work with the parameters you laid out.

• 1 month later...

Here is my small display in my bedroom. I envy some of your displays. Very nice stuff.

2010-07-15193109.jpg

Most of my collection is hidden, and packed away... Here is a link to my gallery, that shows my older collection, not including all the 1/48's, and model kits.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?app=gallery&module=user&user=60&do=view_album&album=484

Edited by vt102

• 2 weeks later...

Here my collection as of now.... :) still have all my 1/48 packed away, plus i need to get another detolf , i think they are $65 at ikea now.Plus i found new uses for the megahouse klan klan SMS support stands, see if you can find them!!

post-623-0-10135000-1311914360_thumb.jpg

post-623-0-85878100-1311914411_thumb.jpg

post-623-0-02580900-1311914427_thumb.jpg

post-623-0-22772700-1311914457_thumb.jpg

post-623-0-88252800-1311914470_thumb.jpg

post-623-0-36695100-1311914485_thumb.jpg

post-623-0-75926700-1311914509_thumb.jpg

post-623-0-77738400-1311914526_thumb.jpg

post-623-0-07117100-1311914542_thumb.jpg

post-623-0-96297300-1311914555_thumb.jpg

Edited by Murphy

Here my collection as of now.... :) still have all my 1/48 packed away, plus i need to get another detolf , i think they are $65 at ikea now.Plus i found new uses for the megahouse klan klan SMS support stands, see if you can find them!!

Nice displays. I like how you put it all out there. Very cool.

Nice! I love how you've organized your collection by series. There's just a nice flow to how you have everything set-up.

-b.

Very nice collection and setup.

You have too many vf-25s' :blink:

Thanks guys. I know in the pictures the flash picks up all the empty boxes behind the display case but u cant really see them in person. Im not happy with the top left section because i want to separate the VF-0s and SV-51 to their own section. Plus I want to have a Macross 7 section as well.

wow! how the heck did you fit all of that into 2 detolfs!?!! cool, man. :) although i'm worried about that MH Klan on the flexystand, what with all the stripped paint complaints with the clear tips...

The secret is angling and elevating. Kinda like a puzzle to get the most views with the limited space you have in the Detolfs. Plus I use a lot of glass Mugs, Cups, Shot glasses, small boxes to set the valks on.

Very nice collection and setup.You have too many vf-25s' :blink:

Yea I think i'm one of the few who likes the bandai Ver. 1 VF-25, i know they have flaws but i still love them.

Fantastic display, it's so much fun watching how you set up everything here!no love for Gerwalk mode though? ;)

Thanks, As for gerwalk mode yea, im not a fan of it, but when i had my 1/48s on display i had 2 in gerwalk mode.

Edited by Murphy

The secret is angling and elevating. Kinda like a puzzle to get the most views with the limited space you have in the Detolfs. Plus I use a lot of glass Mugs, Cups, Shot glasses, small boxes to set the valks on.

hahaha...cool ... i use empty Ferrero Rocher cases that look like acrylic stands for elevating some of my stuff on display... :)

i got to try that

a 3-sided standard acrylic display stand costs about the same as a box of Ferreros here... with the latter I can at least have some of my fave chocolates :lol:

here's my small collection of DYRL? merchandise on display:

post-8437-0-10538100-1312065518_thumb.jpg

Edited by m0n5t3r

a 3-sided standard acrylic display stand costs about the same as a box of Ferreros here... with the latter I can at least have some of my fave chocolates :lol:

here's my small collection of DYRL? merchandise on display:

post-8437-0-10538100-1312065518_thumb.jpg

very nice! i always wanted to collect the DYRL cms pilots

Nice displays folks!! love to see other people display their toys. I tried to keep my collection spaced out and fairly orderly, but i miss out on getting some of the dynamic poses that you have.

I actually used some ferrero rocher boxes too for my top shelf, but for inside my display cases, i have acrylic risers. If you're willing to spend $100 on a valk, then you should be willing to spend $100 on these to make your display nicer:

http://thefixturezone.com/acecriseqt.html

Great investment as i'm REALLY into displaying my toys instead of just boxing them up somewhere. I guess i gotta buy some more stands soon. =]

Nice displays folks!! love to see other people display their toys. I tried to keep my collection spaced out and fairly orderly, but i miss out on getting some of the dynamic poses that you have.

I actually used some ferrero rocher boxes too for my top shelf, but for inside my display cases, i have acrylic risers. If you're willing to spend $100 on a valk, then you should be willing to spend $100 on these to make your display nicer:

http://thefixturezone.com/acecriseqt.html

Great investment as i'm REALLY into displaying my toys instead of just boxing them up somewhere. I guess i gotta buy some more stands soon. =]

These are actually not bad at all, good idea!

nice pics MS! Do you ever worry about the toys on your top shelf getting knocked over or falling down? I always get hesitant to put my expensive prized toys on a top shelf where they could potentially fall

Do you guys mostly display the Valks with figures or display them separately? I'm debating if I should mix the macross frontier Valks with their respective figure lines. Suggestions?

Depends on the display, but i have some of my CM's figs to go along with my Valks and toys. As long as it looks clean and simple, then i think it can enhance your display.

MacrossShelf003.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

I don't have cats so I'm not so worried about them falling over. I really gotta do that mod of putting two detolfs together!

I'm with you on that! It's amazing that a collection of that magnitude and I was still able to take my eyes off it enough to notice the display case. That's saying a high praise for those mods. And for the case itself, honestly, for the price, you can't beat it. The mod just makes it that much better. Instead of a 14 square inch display area, you now have a 14 by 28 inch. Plenty of room to display some of those giant toys.

nice pics MS! Do you ever worry about the toys on your top shelf getting knocked over or falling down? I always get hesitant to put my expensive prized toys on a top shelf where they could potentially fall

Depends on the display, but i have some of my CM's figs to go along with my Valks and toys. As long as it looks clean and simple, then i think it can enhance your display.

MacrossShelf003.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

If only they made a Kakizaki figure, your VF-1 display would be complete! Good clear pics. B))

Edited by 505thAirborne