• 3 weeks later...

chalk up one more addition to my humble little collection;

MACROSSColle-John-11-23-111.jpg

MACROSSColle-John-11-23-112.jpg

MACROSSColle-John-11-23-113.jpg

-i finally got the TAKARA/HOBBY BASE DYRL Minmay doll i have always wanted,

since first seeing her in the Jan. 1998 "MEMORIES OF MACROSS CHILDREN" issue of HOBBY JAPAN

that i've had a copy of since a month or three after it's original publishing date.

i have replaced her original, TAKARA "JENNY" doll body with a far superior OBITSU, ("NATURAL" skin tone, "SMALL" bust size)

and intend further improvements, such as replacing the hard vinyl boots and gloves with handmade, soft vinyl "Pleather" substitutes,

as well as a little work on her microphone, to match it up with the look of the one included with my CM's "GUTTO KURU" 1/8 Minmay...

Edited by Shaorin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Holy crap! With everything that you've been selling you still have that much?

Very nice and neatly displayed!

I wouldn't even dare to display them all at once in Fighter mode before I started selling LOL Standing room only back then.

I think this is what I love about Macross, they all look like legitimate fighter planes in this mode

Edited by Matrix Soul

Cool Pics Kicker. I wish I had room to pull out all of my old 1/65's from the garage and display them. Is the grey vf-17D in the back a custom? I can't wait until my brother gets all of his stuff from my house. I plan to turn one or two of my bedrooms into my toy Rooms.

Edited by Golden Arms

Not a toy, but it has kept me company these few years. Will retire it soon to be replaced by a center display case table.

My workstation/transforming table. This is where all the magic happens and landing bay for new arrivals. LoL

MyWorkDesk.jpg

Some of you will recognize a few things on there....

Hi Newbie here, all you collection are awesome! I am big fan & watch macross since I am a kid & started to follow the Macross SDF & Zero last year.

I used to own some small VF-1 when I was a kid but lost them. Now I am really tempted to get the toy too.

I am planing to get the Yamato VF-1S Hikaru, which one is better? the 1/60 or 1/48 scale??

Reasons to go with 1/60 scale:

- Newer sculpt

- Already solved glitches and QC issues (always look for May 2010 and newer releases)

- Almost every variants are available (don't tell me about VF-1A "U.N. Headquarters Guard") :D

- 1/48 is effing big for most of the glass shelves (Ok ok, pretty weak argument)

- I don't like 1/48's proportions

- All the other Macross fighters are in 1/60 scale (even Bandai DX, OK... kind of)

Ok, thanks for your point man. Makes sense as well if I get the 1/60, then can display with the rest of 1/60 as well.

By the way, is Yamato VF-1S Hikaru later than May 2010 as well?

Hey franz, Just like you when I got older, I decided to revisit this hobby and my first Yammie was a Hikki 1S back in the 1/48 glory days. Charger69 is right about matching with all the other valkyries being produced under the 1/60 scale. Once you buy one you will buy another and it might as well be in scale all together. :D Most of the early 1/60s VF-1's had a serious shoulder hinge problem that would snap right off if you weren't very careful. Actually I received a VT with a crack hinge straight out of the box. Your best bet is going after the VF-1S Hikaru Anniversary Strike +. Apparently it has the fixed hinges. I cannot confirm as I only have the first edition Hikki Strike version and too scared to transform it out of fighter. Bad news is that it is long discontinued and will fetch a pretty penny out on the market now. Good luck hunting ;)