Jump to content

Macross Collection Display Thread


KiriK

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, seti88 said:

Awesome M0 shelf! There is a certain caliber wings F-14 that might fit nicely there too. Only thing it’s in 1/72 scale...

That's what's killing me about that. It would have been a insta-buy at 1/60.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, sjoebarry said:

Where’d you find this for $88?!?

The problem with this helmet (which I didn't realize until later) is that it's not a cannon helmet. It's a DYRL shape with the DSFM colors. It looks nice, but the cannon thing kinda bothers me.

This one is mostly cannon. But the M911 printed in the decal is not. I'm having my decal shop make replacements without the M911 on there when I have time to deal with it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Masei-911-Xcross-Jet-US-F14-Tomcat-Fighter-Motorcycle-Helmet-Bike-Size-S-M-7/333621147755?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

s-l1600.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Awesome M Zero display!!!!

 

8 hours ago, seti88 said:

Awesome M0 shelf! There is a certain caliber wings F-14 that might fit nicely there too. Only thing it’s in 1/72 scale...

Thanks! I'm still not 100% all warm and fuzzy about the composition, but I'll nail it eventually. And now that I have a better idea of how much room I'm working with I'm going to get a VF-0A in there.:good:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Darotower said:

My Focker's army

 

 

Perfect timing! I literally just finished this up and took a pic.

Can you believe that I still have 6 more to go?I hope I can fit them in there!

-DX 1/48 (waiting on the release)

-Wave 1/100 (inbound)

-Bandai Mission Gashapons (inbound)

-Takatoku 1/100 "Mini Chunky" (can't find one at any price)

-Takatoku 1/144 Henkei (can't find one at any price)

-Yamato 1/200 Variable Fighter Collection (can't find one)

1760421471_FockerArmy.jpg.41b83fb40165952c46f64a5443772390.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/14/2020 at 8:30 PM, sqidd said:

Perfect timing! I literally just finished this up and took a pic.

Can you believe that I still have 6 more to go?I hope I can fit them in there!

-DX 1/48 (waiting on the release)

-Wave 1/100 (inbound)

-Bandai Mission Gashapons (inbound)

-Takatoku 1/100 "Mini Chunky" (can't find one at any price)

-Takatoku 1/144 Henkei (can't find one at any price)

-Yamato 1/200 Variable Fighter Collection (can't find one)

1760421471_FockerArmy.jpg.41b83fb40165952c46f64a5443772390.jpg

Cool! but that's a lot! I don't have a huge display cabinet and I only collect some transformables molds not them all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

THANK YOU for putting on the stickers-they make SUCH a difference in these toys.
That GPB looks TOUGH as hell....great display!!


image.png.8b713a5a8feb0eb8807daa597fa0afdc.pngThat GPB looks TOUGH
 

I wish the 1/60 version came with the same stickers. The 1/60's GBP sticker sheet was rather lacking. It does make quite a difference.

15148089099_da451eb835_k.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

THANK YOU for putting on the stickers-they make SUCH a difference in these toys.
That GPB looks TOUGH as hell....great display!!
 

Thanks! 

I remember cutting a few of those smaller stickers for a tighter and flatter fit. :crazy:  The leg art was also tricky, trying to cut the Macross Kite sticker to match the flow of Minmay's dress on the @Anasazi37 sticker.

Just wish the old Yammie stickers weren't so gauzy and hazy looking.

1 hour ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I wish the 1/60 version came with the same stickers. The 1/60's GBP sticker sheet was rather lacking. It does make quite a difference.

15148089099_da451eb835_k.jpg

Very nice and subtle dirt wash on both of those GBP's! :good:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still not feeling all warm and fuzzy about the Zero presentation. The Fighter, Gerwalk and Battroid (mostly) shelf thing seems kind of like a cop out to me. I'll take another crack at it when the Shin F-14's are released.

I feel like it should have more of a Roy vs Ivanov and Shin vs Nora thing going on. I've taken two cracks at that it it doesn't materialize correctly. 

Also looking for a decent deal on a VF-0S to replace the Yamato in Gerwalk. Man, the limit of the Yamato's legs in Gerwalk makes my brain hurt!:crazy:

Zero.jpg.7962bd0a4d67a0c22385b9eef63e5d5e.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2020 at 10:35 PM, Shawn said:

THANK YOU for putting on the stickers-they make SUCH a difference in these toys.
That GPB looks TOUGH as hell....great display!!


image.png.8b713a5a8feb0eb8807daa597fa0afdc.pngThat GPB looks TOUGH
 

Really great work! You are inspiring me. Really cool to see Hikkie in Roy's 1S too. Yammies always look so good in fighter mode.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, sqidd said:

I'm still not feeling all warm and fuzzy about the Zero presentation. The Fighter, Gerwalk and Battroid (mostly) shelf thing seems kind of like a cop out to me. I'll take another crack at it when the Shin F-14's are released.

I feel like it should have more of a Roy vs Ivanov and Shin vs Nora thing going on. I've taken two cracks at that it it doesn't materialize correctly. 

Also looking for a decent deal on a VF-0S to replace the Yamato in Gerwalk. Man, the limit of the Yamato's legs in Gerwalk makes my brain hurt!:crazy:

Zero.jpg.7962bd0a4d67a0c22385b9eef63e5d5e.jpg

 

For the fighter shelf, you could have them flying at each other.  Or depending on the space, crisscrossing or pulling off barrel rolls, Cobra maneuvers, or other odd angle poses.  Just showing how crazy a dogfight in these birds can be.

For the Gerwalks, Mexican standoffs could work.  Don’t forget that DD does do that weird “use the head as a periscope” bit while in Gerwalk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There’s a few other threads down in The Workshop section showing off mods to other custom SDF-1’s:  http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/forum/23-the-workshop/

There’s also @nightmareB4macross’s “customized to the hilt” version:  

He gave a ton of tips on how to add more articulation and features to the old toy.

I had a few mistakes here and there, but the final product came out pretty good:  

3809665C-E443-4AA9-9663-3706CE7A2CEF.jpeg.c51c7845dc8cf7b5f26f239bcf30d896.jpeg

It helps that the one I bought off of eBay had busted shoulders out of the box.  Gave me the incentive to fix her up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Just stick it in the very front or better yet maybe all the way back. It will look good. 

I PO'd one.;)

They're actually quite big at 1/72 because the Tomcat is such a big plane. It's bigger than a 1/60 VF-1 by quite a bit. It will probably look ok in there.:good:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Mog said:

There’s a few other threads down in The Workshop section showing off mods to other custom SDF-1’s:  http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/forum/23-the-workshop/

There’s also @nightmareB4macross’s “customized to the hilt” version:  

He gave a ton of tips on how to add more articulation and features to the old toy.

I had a few mistakes here and there, but the final product came out pretty good:  

3809665C-E443-4AA9-9663-3706CE7A2CEF.jpeg.c51c7845dc8cf7b5f26f239bcf30d896.jpeg

It helps that the one I bought off of eBay had busted shoulders out of the box.  Gave me the incentive to fix her up.

Very cool Mog, thanks for sharing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Very cool Mog, thanks for sharing!

Don't know if you have seen the custom I have. There is another that is quite a bit tricker in the works right now too. One for each mode.:p

285878139_SDF-11.jpg.78db859d3da28d9272a6ad53cdf5046b.jpg1331580375_SDF-12.jpg.dde88289ef2a0bc88dfcff6403cc7e92.jpg1785143474_SDF-13.jpg.e3dde921694e77dd24dec2eae55236cd.jpg259969922_SDF-14.jpg.8c9655bcbe232678a48a445eb3ba0e9a.jpg1373959813_SDF-15.jpg.6033cf20c86384faea79d65234cbcc66.jpg108317330_SDF-16.jpg.d615e42aca6be8d69f962ad10a371d3d.jpg127908747_SDF-17.jpg.48f909f12eb19b6d0a2bac76fae3258f.jpg1469102123_SDF-18.jpg.f804d11cab183c59862ff49a153d7529.jpg853997304_SDF-19.jpg.27b30b59b98889d4d3c9c34abbfdf049.jpg1113117130_SDF-110.jpg.3564e95af3db3e2c27f1bc48d26cc1d9.jpg447964854_SDF-111.jpg.0f35ec00c8abfba49d0ceea8f8936df5.jpg74103188_SDF-112.jpg.bde7fe4b74306b1b7376fb05d1fda120.jpg

 

Edited by sqidd
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sqidd said:

Don't know if you have seen the custom I have. There is another in the works right now too. One for each mode.:p

 

@sqidd If you don't mind i am going to save your pictures. That is a work of art. maybe one day I'd customize mine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2020 at 8:33 AM, sqidd said:

Don't know if you have seen the custom I have. There is another that is quite a bit tricker in the works right now too. One for each mode.:p

You gonna have one for Gerwalk Attacker mode too  :ph34r::

large.51691856_GerwalkMode.jpg.45720b4d98516ce1893b39a9e487fb47.jpg

Edited by Mog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...