Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I just hope it's not delta, frontier or seven yet. Although I have a feeling delta would pop up sooner than the others since they want to capitalize on the series while it's new.

I do hope that they finish off the other older mecha, but I wouldn't be mad if they were spread out a little between something like an old destroid one month then something from a different series the next as long as the wait doesn't take too long to complete the original series.

I hope we still get to see the rest of the Destroids released. Plus the Ostrich and Elint Seeker.

Sounds like they will either add or move onto another Macross series. Will they go chronologically based on the order the shows were released?

If so.....VF-4G Flashback 2012 version??? :blink:

Yes ostrich and elintseeker

Maybe is just me but I dont think the Metal Build refers to Macross, I think is more like an annoucement of a new Gundam Metal Build

Yeah, I just figured that part out. Haven't been following Gundam as much lately and can't keep up with all the different lines. That does seem like a good line that I'll be interested if they make some classic or G-Gundams. As for Macross, I'm pretty happy with what Bandai and Arcadia are already giving us.

Pretty sure Tamashii Metal Build is NOT macross related. It's been like 100% gundam up to this point and just like Macross releases they've been quite a headache to acquire online.

Because somebody at Bandai just wants to see the world burn, they open POs for Metal builds and DXes at the same time so often or not collectors are forced to choose to between a Metal Build or a DX / hi-metal. Trying for both usually results in cart-jacking.

Edited by Duymon

I've never been too big on trying to get preorders of gundam action figures due to the high amount of different options with the gundam franchise with items like candy toys, robot spirits, metal builds, model kits and so on. With a series like macross, it just seems like the options are limited for the older stuff, although delta has static kits, parts forming kits, transformable kits, toys and a bunch of other stuff. With the original Macross we got this and tomy tech and maybe once a year an offering of a re do from Arcadia of a toy that's almost a decade old.

Pretty sure Tamashii Metal Build is NOT macross related. It's been like 100% gundam up to this point and just like Macross releases they've been quite a headache to acquire online.

Because somebody at Bandai just wants to see the world burn, they open POs for Metal builds and DXes at the same time so often or not collectors are forced to choose to between a Metal Build or a DX / hi-metal. Trying for both usually results in cart-jacking.

Yeah missed out on the exs during max preorder. Again not sure why bandai doesn't do preorder like Takara transformers which last for a long time. Seems bandai is the only one with 1 minute preorder madness

I've never been too big on trying to get preorders of gundam action figures due to the high amount of different options with the gundam franchise with items like candy toys, robot spirits, metal builds, model kits and so on. With a series like macross, it just seems like the options are limited for the older stuff, although delta has static kits, parts forming kits, transformable kits, toys and a bunch of other stuff. With the original Macross we got this and tomy tech and maybe once a year an offering of a re do from Arcadia of a toy that's almost a decade old.

Macross has also the wave and Hasegawa kits. Metal build for macross would be probably better than the dx line because the metal builds seem to have more metal. I think the inner frame is all metal. Metal on the transforming or moving parts could be more durable.

Wave hasn't put out any older macross kits in a while and the vf4 is still not finalized. Also hasegawa does some nice kits, but all Valkyrie. I am glad hasegawa finally did a gerwalk, but I think the battroid may need an update.

You're right. Dunno why wave only did the Tomahawk and defender. I thought they were gonna do the phalanx and the spartan.

I think Hasegawa also came out with sdf movie and storm attacker and cartoon sdf.

Bandai should finish the hmr macross destroids before going onto a new line.

Is there any reason why people are worried about the destroids being released? I would imagine everything they initially displayed in the diorama will be released.

There were many instances in the past that not all toys in the line get released. We all hope that your imagination is true, but that's not always the case.

There were many instances in the past that not all toys in the line get released. We all hope that your imagination is true, but that's not always the case.

Of course but I'm not talking about my imagination, I'm talking about the figures they displayed with the reintroduction to the HMR line.

That's been the case in the past as well. Remember the vajra, sh figuarts Sheryl, Ranka and from gundam char aznable sh figuarts. But most robot spirits have been ok especially the inclusions of some neglected Dunbine figures. I personally am not worried yet with such a new line that put out 3 of my all time favorite designs in action figure form for the first time in a few decades.

If the machine translation is accurate and they are expanding HM-R to include more Macross series Valkyries and mecha, I don't see how that is a doom and gloom thing. For me it's a good thing, because it shows Bandai is willing to invest more in this scale and expand Hi-Metal again. I also agree with Slave IV, the other destroids will be announced.

All it takes is a little patience. ^_^

The thing is, why release low demand toys like destroids when you can do valkyries from other series? And we've all seen plenty of toys become vaporware. Of course, Bandai has come this far so there's still plenty of reason to hold out hope. Maybe this event will include some visibility on upcoming releases which will calm the nerves.