Hi-Metal R

joppewo

My destroid from denetmarket on ebay arrived on friday, i havent check it yet since im in miami till next weekened but for the looks of it its all good. Reliable seller from ebay as i said before.

I've got a Matchbox Zent for a 1/60 custom if I ever "get the stones" to cut some revoltech joints into him. The Imaii 1/100 version is on my get list, and will get some articulation upgrades as well.

TV pilot from Hi-Metal VF-1J kind of sort of fits....won't close with canopy on.... ;)

I wonder if the pilots from some of the old 1/100 Macross kits would fit better?

that wins MW today..possibly the entire internet. :lol::lol::lol:

LOL

Best. Episode. Ever.

Awesome display!

If this doesn't make the MW front page, Facebook page, and Twitter page....someone needs to get fired...LOL

:)

awesome! shame you couldn't get him on a Suzuki Katana.. though the Honda is still fine! :D:p

Thanks!

i haaaaate hate hate hate revoltech joints, they always feel like they're gonna break--and in fact I did have one snap on me on the WALL-E figure. I don't get why they use such weak plastic on those, yet charge $30-60 for them.

I have lots of revoltechs (around 50) never broke a revo joint, although some of of the ironman jonints feel flimpsy.

Still none have broken.

I have lots of revoltechs (around 50) never broke a revo joint, although some of of the ironman jonints feel flimpsy.

Still none have broken.

Nothing to do with the durability of the revoltech joints, mine have all held up fine, but I hate them due to their appearance. They never seem to be integrated into the figure very well and always ruin the overall flow of the figure. The ratcheting joint (which i find unnecessary in figures of this size) also limits some of the poses. For those reasons I prefer Figmas or Figuarts. I'd be over the moon if Macross figures were ever released by one of those 2.

But, back on topic, those customs are quite nice.

I also couldn't help myself and had to put my HMR Hikaru on a bike poppin' a wheelie. Too much fun.

How do these compare to the T-Rex Zentraedi Soldier?

Unfortunately...I did not get the T-Rex kit....it is a more modern sculpt so some may prefer it....

gallery_151_312_30473.jpg

The articulation should be similar due to requiring the use of similar joints....the waist might be an extra point of articulation for the T-Rex....

gallery_12176_633_545205.jpg

gallery_12176_633_48933.jpg

gallery_12176_633_526179.jpg

gallery_12176_633_12070.jpg

gallery_12176_633_112844.jpg

gallery_12176_633_766598.jpg