Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I have a question for the guys who are in Japan.

How long do the HMR valkyries last on the physical stores? I was thinking of cancelling my Max preorder and buying it in Japan instead. Would save me shipping costs (and a trip to the local post office). I'm going to Tokyo in February.

How long do the HMR valkyries last on the physical stores? I was thinking of cancelling my Max preorder and buying it in Japan instead. Would save me shipping costs (and a trip to the local post office). I'm going to Tokyo in February.

By that time it would be sold out and scalped!

For my sake, I seriously hope they don't re-visit the 1/48 scale. I started with the 1/100 line expecting just to get some here or there mainly to fill in items that had never been made before or were difficult to find, like the enemy mecha and destroids. That expectation quickly went out the window once I got some in hand and now I have to have them all.

I could only imagine what would happen to my financial status if they ever started to release 1/48's with today's expectations, techniques, and most importantly prices. Total wallet disintegration.

This.... :lol:

Keep your preorder. Mainstream stores will sell out of this pretty fast and by feb you're only going to find it in the 2nd-hand or collector shops in Akiba and they'll be marked up for sure.

Only the shelf warmers stay around for long

Okay, looking for suggestions on the best way to remove residual tape adhesive from the exterior packaging (box) of one of these HMRs.

One side came off nice and clean, but the other side left a tacky/piled film of goo.

I tried using another piece of tape (scotch), laying it down over the residue, and then slowly removing it, however the goo remains.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

The 1/48 Hikaru 1S is a thing of beauty, but then again, they all are imho.

The 1/48 did have a massive chest, the arms are a bit too low in fighter mode, and those chicken hands. These hands can be swapped by TV style hands though.

These guys know their stuff, maybe a V2 1/60 is what you are looking for. I own 5 V2 Vf-1 models and have yet to transform one. I am sort of afraid of the shoulders tbh. I bought them like a year or two later after release, so i don't know if the shoulders are fragile or not. I don't know if yamato ever addressed this problem during their production runs.

Edited by vlenhoff

I think jenius review covers which V2 1/60 have shoulder problems. The latter V2 are supposed to have decent shoulders. All modes look awesome. The parts tab in so it feels tight and no floppy parts. If you have a model listed as proper shoulders you should try out the gerwalk mode that v stance is the best.

I agree the yamato 1/48 is real pretty. That jet mode with the bells and whistles is the boss.

Can't wait till the destroids come out from bandai.

Edited by beatsing

I like the 1/48s because they are beautiful toys. Fun to transform but more solid without the Super Parts.

The 1/60 V2s are definitely better in terms of sculpt, proportions, and are solid in every mode though. But I am usually a little more hesitant to transform them back and forth.

I don't know how the monster helps with school prep unless you count fighting off bullies or geometry lessons on figuring out how much space you need for display either way nice promo.

as long as the code works I would not care what it means. :D