Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Is it bad I'm considering buying two Millias just to have one to customize into a Max version since he's so freakin hard to buy normally? <_<

Not a all ;)

What's bad is that you even need to consider it and the fact you can't preorder a figure you want 1 minute after it goes on sale.

Edited by Slave IV

9/16. I'm trying to figure out exact time. Normal releases usually open 8 am Japan time.

Normal releases are usually 1600 jst (4pm)

Tamashii web exclusives are normally 1900 jst (7pm) but some websites will start pre selling them earlier .

The start time will update soon.

It's tomorrow! :angry:

Have people tried to preorder from P-Bandai before? How did you do it?

You will have to pay a proxy service (middle man) to place the order for you , they will charge a fee , around 12%. You will have to pay upfront.

Buyee is a example ,

There are also webstores that normally preorder them anyways so they will list them on their store like any other preorder . Nippon-yasan is one of those stores . Up front payment also .

Thanks! Do these typically go up at the same midnight pst/ 3 am est/ 8 am Japan time as the normal releases?

Thanks! I knew about Max but was wondering if it comes with the custom blue stand since this is the first time I've seen it in the picture with Milia and her custom stand.

Yes, Max release will come with custom stand to match Millia's.

It's tomorrow! :angry:

Have people tried to preorder from P-Bandai before? How did you do it?

Safe place to get Bandai/Tamashii web exclusives is Nippon-Yasan. Though you have to pay upfront upon placing the order.

Isnt it better on twe? Less po drama....and I mean relatively speaking

Depends on which group you're in.

A-Pay more for easy preorders , get good sleep on preorder date.

(pay tax, pay proxy fee, fewer stores carry it ,but many proxy available ,pay upfront)

B-Perfer the preorder discount and willing to work harder to get the preorder .

(12-15% off , no tax , many stores carry it , but you will need to wake up and be ready on preorder night or keep a look out near release or anytime in between)

I Perfer the big preorder discount and the feeling of accomplishment when I get all more preorders in .

You can save quit a lot if you use to buy 2 or 3, you know the normal 1 in each mode thing. But I downgrade to 2 normally now .

Example :

vf-1j max strandard release , preorder at 6720 yen after discount .

Vf-1j milia tamashii Web ex, preorder at p-bandai at 9288 yen no discount.

Nippon-yasan will probably charge a 10% proxy fee so it'll actually be 10216 yen when you preorder from them.

That's a 3496 yen difference! EACH! Before shipping .

But if you just normally just get 1 then it's not too bad .

How are you buying 2-3 when limit is usually 1 and even then it sells out in seconds?

So, should I sign up for a pbandai proxy service or wait for amiami, cdj, hlj, ny, etc... or they're not gonna have them? I'm so confused...

From what I've seen, NY will definitely get it, AE is probable and HLJ, Amiami will not carry it.

Edited by Slave IV

Thank goodness they fixed the chest stripes on these two.

I'll pay the slight mark up from NY. Beats having to deal with preorder madness any day!

This. I'll gladly pay NY now and just have it dealt with, in this case I'm not minding web exclusivity. I must admit I didn't expect her to be exclusive, Max wasn't, but Bandai has had no problem in the past splitting up teams with web exclusives. At this point I'll have 15 exclusives paid and waiting at NY, this will just be something else to look forward to without worry.

How are you buying 2-3 when limit is usually 1 and even then it sells out in seconds?From what I've seen, NY will definitely get it, AE is probable and HLJ, Amiami will not carry it.

Hlj is normally limited to 1 , so I'll just buy 1.

Other stores have different limits .

Not all the stores open preorder at the same time , there are a lot of stores , all of them will have some kind of discount off msrp .

Not all the stores sell out their preorders in Secs , well maybe hobby search and AmiAmi . Lol.

If you miss out on preorder there's still chance of getting it between then and release date , and even after release date .

The main reason I buy 2 is because I want a backup plan.

What if your preorder gets cancel, most recent HLJ DX-vf-31

What if your preorder item arrived broken , QC

What if your preorder item gets lost or damage in transit .

If you preorder only 1 in those situations then you are in a big pickle. If it's sold out then there's no replacement either.

Damn just found out about millias upcoming PO madness thx for the heads up!

I hope i can get one easy enough

Wait, wait, wait.

You're kinda misunderstanding this a bit.

PO madness is when you get _unwillingly_ cart-jacked and stuff. Lotsa fun.

This, however, is P-Bandai shenanigans madness.

It is where you _willingly_ get jacked at full msrp for the figure coz of no usual po-discounts being offered, add another 10% (at least) on the msrp for the proxy-buyer fees, and then you pay up front. With possibly only EMS or Fedex options for shipping-fees.

It's a little different. And not much that fun to engage in...

:bump:

I'm tired. Tell me if I understand correctly.

The Super VF-1J Max I pre-ordered was a standard release.

The Super VF-1J MIlia is an exclusive and going on sale in the wee hours Friday morning when I should still be asleep because I'm working that day?

So, should I sign up for a pbandai proxy service or wait for amiami, cdj, hlj, ny, etc... or they're not gonna have them? I'm so confused...

a proxy service is great if you use them to preorder other stuff and ship everything together.

But for this valk, stores like Anime-export, Nippon-yasan, Biginjapan, MyKombini should be good enough.

I'm tired. Tell me if I understand correctly.

The Super VF-1J Max I pre-ordered was a standard release.

The Super VF-1J MIlia is an exclusive and going on sale in the wee hours Friday morning when I should still be asleep because I'm working that day?

yeah, but since Milla is kinda like a recoloring, it being a web exclusive was pretty high.

But because it's a exclusive, when you get off work it should still be available. The previous VF-1S pre order window lasted weeks to months.

the main downside is that it cost more.

Someone remind me again why "regular" stores like HLJ and HobbySearch don't get these exclusive but NY, AE BiJ and MK seem to get them without any issues?

Coz p-bandai stuff are not sold at regular distribution-channels/wholesalers like hlj, ami, and hs.

N-Y, AE, and the others who procure p-bandai stuff are most likely just directly buying the stuff individually (via their regular footmen or sekrit agents at bandai-events).

Then just re-sell it for moar profits to dirty gaijins like us that likes to import...

Glad that folks who got Max can now get Millia. Looks like 2 is the limit at NY. Gonna sit this one out and wait for the destroids.

Edit: must be my tired eyes. It isn't limited to 2.

Edited by wmkjr