Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Ok, I see where the paranoia is coming from. Having other mecha, especially the Zentradi stuff is the main reason I started collecting HMR. I always had Valkyries but nothing for them to go up against or complement them. So far, it seems like they are doing a good job of moving down the line and offering everything they presented and hopefully more.

Basically, if it wasn't for the other mechs, I'd rather just stick with 1/60 Arcadia or DX figures.

Edited by Slave IV

The thing is, why release low demand toys like destroids when you can do valkyries from other series? And we've all seen plenty of toys become vaporware. Of course, Bandai has come this far so there's still plenty of reason to hold out hope. Maybe this event will include some visibility on upcoming releases which will calm the nerves.

The original diorama may not provide the exact timing of Bandai's release schedule, but I think it shows a clear intent for the HM-R series which is a move toward varied and dynamic displays. That's the strength HM-R has over the larger scale DX or Arcadia releases.

And the idea that Bandai would want to add another Macross line to the smaller HM-R series seems only natural to me. Maybe I'm being too optimistic. But there are newer, more recognized Macross properties today as you say, jenius. My point is that forward progress doesn't erase the original plan.

I agree that this will lead to more Valkryie announcements for sure. The destroids will continue to trickle in too. Besides, that Monster needs its backup.

Edited by technoblue

I, for one, would love to see this series go all the way, from destroids to zentradi soldiers. I love my strike Valk and have yet to pop the box open on my Glaug!

I wish Bandai were willing to do niche, small runs. Imagine how much people on these forums would pay to have Gnerls, nousders(sp?), and quadlouns all in scale!

On that note, what this line needs is effects parts like SHF and SHMA do. One of the most iconic thing from the series to me is the mass amount of spiraling missiles flying everywhere and there is no off the shelf product to recreate that look. I'll be making my own soon if Bandai doesn't offer it but anyone know where I can get little rockets that look right to do it with?

The original diorama may not provide the exact timing of Bandai's release schedule, but I think it shows a clear intent for the HM-R series which is a move toward varied and dynamic displays. That's the strength HM-R has over the larger scale DX or Arcadia releases.

And the idea that Bandai would want to add another Macross line to the smaller HM-R series seems only natural to me. Maybe I'm being too optimistic. But there are newer, more recognized Macross properties today as you say, jenius. My point is that forward progress doesn't erase the original plan.

I agree that this will lead to more Valkryie announcements for sure. The destroids will continue to trickle in too. Besides, that Monster needs its backup.

Backup you say? Then they really need to make that Valkoroid too. ^_^

I like the idea of missile effect parts. That was one of the most interesting suggestions I've heard in a while.

Thanks! I was looking at some other Tamashii effects and the thought just occurred. Seems to make sense and be right in line with what they do. Hope it becomes a reality.

Seriously, I'd love to have a nice simple Gnerl to pose with my valks in fighter mode. I know, I know, you can pose battlepods in flight, but it's not the same. :p

Those would be nice to have too!

Ok, I see where the paranoia is coming from. Having other mecha, especially the Zentradi stuff is the main reason I started collecting HMR. I always had Valkyries but nothing for them to go up against or complement them. So far, it seems like they are doing a good job of moving down the line and offering everything they presented and hopefully more.

Basically, if it wasn't for the other mechs, I'd rather just stick with 1/60

Arcadia or DX figures.

+ 1

The valks are ok but aren't comparable to the V2 1/60. The destroids and the Zentraedi make this line more complete

Those effect parts looks too skinny to me , a bit more puffy cloud effects around those lines would be better .

If you just want to look similar to the pic you can probably just use those hated twist ties from your transformers , gundams , action figures .

omg omg omg, finally! Do they both come with those custom stands? The Max that already opened for preorder comes with that stand or is it yet another release? And when are Milia orders opening?

Edit: I see, in 2 days...

9/16 on p-bandai. if you have a pbandai-account or something. full msrp+shipping-fees, if you do.

otherwise, you'll either go thru some middle-man or N-Y. not sure how much scalpermiddleman-fees they'll add to the msrp.

just hope that ae, hlj or cdj gets some of it.

9/16 on p-bandai. if you have a pbandai-account or something. full msrp+shipping-fees, if you do.

otherwise, you'll either go thru some middle-man or N-Y. not sure how much scalpermiddleman-fees they'll add to the msrp.

just hope that ae, hlj or cdj gets some of it.

I think the premium on the VF-1S TWE at NY was only about 600 yen. From what I understand, the TWE figures last longer on preorder because they base their run on the amount of orders they get? Is this correct? Either way, I'm new to ordering from p-bandai but I saw they have a banner for international orders on the bottom. When you click, some options for shops come up. Is this what I have to use to get the figure in the US through them or how does one get a p-bandai account? Is it as simple as signing up like I did for HLJ, AE, NY and all the typical Japanese shops?

Sorry for the newb questions but it is a lifelong dream for me to get these two figures together and I NEED to get this!

Thanks for any help!

Usually it is easier to go through an online shop like NY which stocks web exclusives since they will ship to addresses outside of Japan. With a p-bandai account there might be a restriction that does not allow this. I don't have a p-bandai account, though, so I can't confirm it.

I'll be checking NY for Milia's HM-R, even if they end up taxing me on shipping again like they did with Roy. :rolleyes:

Thanks! Do these typically go up at the same midnight pst/ 3 am est/ 8 am Japan time as the normal releases?

Sorry to be a bubble buster but Max was already POed and sold out a while back.... only Milia is up for PO soon...

Thanks! I knew about Max but was wondering if it comes with the custom blue stand since this is the first time I've seen it in the picture with Milia and her custom stand.

Edited by Slave IV