Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I disagree with the 1:48 Valk. Unless your a die hard fan of the sheer size, there's nothing the 1/60 ver.2 doesn't do better IMHO. I had the Focker 1:48 and got rid of it years ago. The flaps are annoying and fall off, and the proportions are wacky in battroid.

I disagree with the 1:48 Valk. Unless your a die hard fan of the sheer size, there's nothing the 1/60 ver.2 doesn't do better IMHO. I had the Focker 1:48 and got rid of it years ago. The flaps are annoying and fall off, and the proportions are wacky in battroid.

The list is 'owned or own' meaning you should have experienced them at some point. It also sounds like you had a first edition 1/48, the flaps weren't bad on my later editions.

As much as I'm into the HM-R line, I miss having the larger scale 1/48 Valkyries with their unique details and gimmicks. The 1/60 v2 has its own set of gimmicks, which are not exactly the same. I wouldn't mind if Arcadia revisited the 1/48 design and improved/rebuilt it.

And Bandai too! I know Bandai was teasing that 1/35 1J, so It would be nice if either Bandai or Arcadia gave us a better larger design that improves fit, articulation, and proportion (especially in gerwalk and battroid modes). But I'm not sure if I would love to see the price of such a toy right now. :ph34r:

Would you guys disagree with any toynami valk?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Hell yes, those thing were/are garbage.

The list is 'owned or own' meaning you should have experienced them at some point. It also sounds like you had a first edition 1/48, the flaps weren't bad on my later editions.

Agreed and agree with the list. Those were, or are, depending on one's point of view the iconic VF-1 iterations of time. To date at least.

As much as I'm into the HM-R line, I miss having the larger scale 1/48 Valkyries with their unique details and gimmicks. The 1/60 v2 has its own set of gimmicks, which are not exactly the same. I wouldn't mind if Arcadia revisited the 1/48 design and improved/rebuilt it.

And Bandai too! I know Bandai was teasing that 1/35 1J, so It would be nice if either Bandai or Arcadia gave us a better larger design that improves fit, articulation, and proportion (especially in gerwalk and battroid modes). But I'm not sure if I would love to see the price of such a toy right now. :ph34r:

A redesigned Arcadia 1/48 VF-1 would be nice in theory, but the price tag would be so stupid it'd be very cost prohibitive.

Which brings us back to the HMR line, cost and size is exactly why this line is so appealing to a lot of collectors. Not my preference but I totally get why the line seems to be doing well.

-b.

For my sake, I seriously hope they don't re-visit the 1/48 scale. I started with the 1/100 line expecting just to get some here or there mainly to fill in items that had never been made before or were difficult to find, like the enemy mecha and destroids. That expectation quickly went out the window once I got some in hand and now I have to have them all.

I could only imagine what would happen to my financial status if they ever started to release 1/48's with today's expectations, techniques, and most importantly prices. Total wallet disintegration.

I enjoyed the 1/48 scale. I thought about getting rid of my 1/48s but I changed my mind (see topic I made for 1/48 in the Toy section a few months). The 1/48 VF-1 is a good toy. You couldn't revisit that scale today without it costing an arm & a leg. A VF-1 at 1/100 is on the small side. You do lose some details and options at this scale but it is a scale that could allow us access to toys beyond the VF-1.

So I'm not trying to sway too far off topic but I'm debating the Arcadia VF-1S strike valkyrie.

Yay or nay?

I have time to think about it because I need to sell more stuffs on ebay before I can buy it. Debating selling off my toynami valks on the bay too.

Edit: I have all the toynami valks except Miriya. I'm debating selling all but Max and his super parts. But kind of hoping to hold off on them until I actually NEED money. Not that I have a super attachment to them, just hoping to unload the other stuff first.

Edited by edstuff

I still have all my 1/48 valks. I even sold one, and bought it back some months later, lol. I had to get the holy quartet [Roy, Hikaru, Max, & Kaki] in V2 VF-1 1/60 just for kicks, and they are still boxed. I have all my V1 yammie 1/60, and all my 1/55 chunky monkeys . Naturally i had to get the Macross Plus valks, including an Arcadia YF-19. I even have the very old 1/72 Macross plus valks which started it all.

I am still really in love with 1/48 even when they are not sculpted perfectly. I can't get rid of them, and i don't want to.

I only have an HM 1j, HM-R Regult, and Glaug, and i like them.

I think the HM-R line is very nice, specially due to the enemy mecha. i wish Bandai makes the destroids, and other mecha i missed when yamato released them in 1/60. I knew i would lament not getting those, but i could not back then.

Is this too much? I don't know, but it makes it difficult to justify getting any more of this stuff. Only thing for me to do is take massive amounts of pictures and share them with the world xD

Edit in: I Also have the Bandai Fire bomber 1/65 VF-19 and VF-17. I actually sold my first Toynami Alpha, and then bought one on sale a while later but i don't even feel like playing with it. I do remember it being a PITA to transform properly.

Edited by vlenhoff

Hm. I don't remember anyone trying to see if the HM-R Valkyries had the same cockpit gimmick as the Yamato/Arcadia VF-1 types. That's pretty cool, though.

Completely unrelated, but my HWR Monster cube arrived today from that eBay seller. For those wondering it took six days to ship and was packaged in the Bandai brown box. The retail box is smaller than I was expecting it to be. I still need to figure out where I'm going to display it with the cannons attached. ^_^:lol:

So I'm not trying to sway too far off topic but I'm debating the Arcadia VF-1S strike valkyrie.

Yay or nay?

I have time to think about it because I need to sell more stuffs on ebay before I can buy it. Debating selling off my toynami valks on the bay too.

Edit: I have all the toynami valks except Miriya. I'm debating selling all but Max and his super parts. But kind of hoping to hold off on them until I actually NEED money. Not that I have a super attachment to them, just hoping to unload the other stuff first.

V2 arcadia is the Valk. The best without dispute. So much better than all the other valkyries including yamato 1/48. Although I keep both the 1/60 V2 and 1/48 because they're both so awesome. Steep pricing but you can check em out in a store and you'd agree they're premium. Like masterpiece transformers but way better.

The toynami are kids toys. Like transformers deluxe. They don't appear to be quality but are good for kids.

The bandai are like toys but way better than the toynami. And the destroids and enemy mech make the line probably more complete than any line currently. Like leader class or masterpiece transformers in terms of quality forthe valk and the hwr and enemy mech are similar to yamato destroids quality.

Sorry for the transformers comparison but most people are familiar with it if that clarifies your decision.

I like all the valks except the toynami.

Edited by beatsing

I have a Toynami (Milia) that I got cheap and used and broken as part of a lot on eBay. I like the detail for it being such a little thing, but the joints are broken and I keep debating whether to glue it together because I'm not sure that the cups that make up the sockets can be fixed. I would not spend more on a Toynami than I would on a Jetfire on eBay.

I think Bandai had it in a pic before but they weren't using a VF1D like they should have been. My guess is the 1D will come with an arm clip of some sort.

I think so too or it might have been the gimix. It's a nice feature but I don't think I'd use it much. Thanks for pointing it out and pic astra

Edited by beatsing

V2 arcadia is the Valk. The best without dispute. So much better than all the other valkyries including yamato 1/48. Although I keep both the 1/60 V2 and 1/48 because they're both so awesome. Steep pricing but you can check em out in a store and you'd agree they're premium. Like masterpiece transformers but way better.

The toynami are kids toys. Like transformers deluxe. They don't appear to be quality but are good for kids.

The bandai are like toys but way better than the toynami. And the destroids and enemy mech make the line probably more complete than any line currently. Like leader class or masterpiece transformers in terms of quality forthe valk and the hwr and enemy mech are similar to yamato destroids quality.

Sorry for the transformers comparison but most people are familiar with it if that clarifies your decision.

I like all the valks except the toynami.

I should clarify. I meant I have the toynami masterpiece. I know they're not that great but they're not the lil fellas either. I get the masterpiece transformers comparison. thanks!

i don't understand why can't i sell my chunky monkeys... I guess i really wanted one, but they used to cost 1k back then. I love My HM VF-1j, but i have to say, rarely transform it. I may transform a 1/48 any day in seconds, but not my HM VF-1j. I don't know if it is the swap the cockpit gimmick, not sure.

I would say do get a 1/48 or a nice v2 1/60 as others say. i'd say dollar per dollar the most fun/accurate VF-1 valks of all time.

I was wondering, did many people get rid of their 1/48s due to the super accurate v2 Vf-1?

I don't like the heat shield swap either. It should be tabbed in whether it's the heat shield or the canopy.

But I transform the hmr more than the 1/48 or the 1/60. I find the process more straight forward and also less worried that the shoulders will break since they pop off. I never liked the swing bar connection on the 1/48 or 1/60 although they look good.

My 1/48 is mostly in jet mode next to my masterpiece Takara skywarp version 1. Both these mecha have really good jet mode although crappy bot mode. I think the skywarp was also kawamori design but it later got redesigned for a better bot mode at the expense of the jet mode. Some of my guests didn't even know these planes transformed.

My 1/60 V2 Yamato are usually in gerwalk or battroid on display.

My hmr are in whatever mode I left them in last since I pose them more head to head with the regult and glaug.

They're not really 1/100 scale but I like to put the hmr valk next to my master grade Gundam sometimes since they're both supposed to be 1/100 scale. Kind of cool to see them in relative size. The pilot could fit in either.

Edited by beatsing

Everytime i look at my HMR valkyries i want to transform them but then i remember i'll have to fish out the swap-able cockpit/heat shield from the box. Then i say f*ck it, i can't be bothered. This is where it would be handy to have a stand that stored all the accessories like the arcadia one.

Everytime i look at my HMR valkyries i want to transform them but then i remember i'll have to fish out the swap-able cockpit/heat shield from the box. Then i say f*ck it, i can't be bothered. This is where it would be handy to have a stand that stored all the accessories like the arcadia one.

Ziplock? :ph34r:

Regarding the Yamato Valks, yeah, I'm interested on getting one 1/48 Valk just to say I own one too. But I don't know which one to get -- Hikaru's VF-1J or VF-1S. And if it's the weathered or the regular one. But for now, I'm happy with all my Valk collections. :rolleyes:

Ziplock? :ph34r:

Regarding the Yamato Valks, yeah, I'm interested on getting one 1/48 Valk just to say I own one too. But I don't know which one to get -- Hikaru's VF-1J or VF-1S. And if it's the weathered or the regular one. But for now, I'm happy with all my Valk collections. :rolleyes:

The 1J is more prone to yellowing in my experience.

The 1J is more prone to yellowing in my experience.

So the Hikaru 1S is better then? Hmmm. ^_^ Here's the thing now if ever I'm going to get a 1/48. Is that, I'm pretty used now on what the 1/60 looks like proportionately. And that's the only thing why I'm not getting a 1/48 Valk. :rolleyes: