Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I think it's weird that roy fokker is an exclusive. He's like the second main figure next to Hikaru. Regult with missiles might be an exclusive but roy should have been a regular release.

Destroids and female power armor bring em on to regular release bandai!

Edited by beatsing

I'll never recommend anyone buy from NY

They're certainly last on my list of go to shops. I think they were the only ones offering the Roy early on. Later I think another shop was offering them.

Agreed. Only buying from them as a last resort from now on

I'm not soured on NY from this. They put up an exclusive for preorder meaning they just had to take a guess that it would come in about the same size box as the other toys. They guessed wrong. It's unfair to say "Well other vendors would eat the extra cost" unless you're talking about other vendors eating the extra cost on exclusives. In this case, NY was making just a few bucks per order, when they saw the final package that meant they'd essentially make nothing from these toys. If this was a regular release item and it meant they'd make 22% instead of 25% and they probably had forewarning about packaging dimensions and they just screwed it up, then sure, it's an easy argument to make they should eat the cost. They obviously weren't really well set up to handle the invoicing they did, and communication wasn't the best, but hopefully they'll learn from it. By no means are they my number 1 vendor but I'll still grab some hard to get items from them every now and then.

I'm the opposite. NY is my #1 choice. While HLJ is dead last, with Amiami coming in close to it.

Well, if people stick to their word and not preorder from NY anymore, maybe that'll make it a little easier for me to secure a preorder of my own from them. I was forced to preorder the Glaug and Monster from Amiami last time since NY was out of stock.

Of course this is my opinion only. I prefer NY because of my country's customs policies, among several other things which I've detailed in prior posts. Never had an issue with NY since 2012 and I've bought a crapload from them. Maybe if you're having things shipped to the US it's a totally different story.

Edited by ArchieNov

I don't have much to complain about. On the one hand, NY can't control how Bandai packages its exclusive Tamashii items.

But I do agree that things might have gone more smoothly if NY didn't ask for shipping to be included with the Valkyrie when asking for our initial payments. In this case doing so seems to have created more work for them and more frustration for customers. Personally, I wouldn't have mentioned my shipping blip at all if I had been able to send a single payment for only the Valkyrie up front and then a second payment later on to cover all my shipping costs.

Edited by technoblue

I'm not soured on NY from this. They put up an exclusive for preorder meaning they just had to take a guess that it would come in about the same size box as the other toys. They guessed wrong. It's unfair to say "Well other vendors would eat the extra cost" unless you're talking about other vendors eating the extra cost on exclusives. In this case, NY was making just a few bucks per order, when they saw the final package that meant they'd essentially make nothing from these toys. If this was a regular release item and it meant they'd make 22% instead of 25% and they probably had forewarning about packaging dimensions and they just screwed it up, then sure, it's an easy argument to make they should eat the cost. They obviously weren't really well set up to handle the invoicing they did, and communication wasn't the best, but hopefully they'll learn from it. By no means are they my number 1 vendor but I'll still grab some hard to get items from them every now and then.

Agreed.

Besides is this the first time NY asked for extra money for shipping after the initial invoice? Can't remember anyone posted here before complaining about NY keep on asking for more shipping money.

Edit: Deleted the duplicate sentence. For some weird reasons, when I browse the forum from my phone and reply, it tends to leave a duplicate sentence which I don't see it's there. But when I check back on regular desktop computer, I see the duplicates. :ph34r:

Edited by no3ljm

Got my 2x Roys from NY yesterday. Fighter mode is tight and fun to swoosh around. Knew that with my Hikaru 1J but having different colour schemes made a difference. Still prefer the 1/60 better so these will be my only two HMR VF1 valks. Can't wait for the Glaug to show up to lead my Regults.

Besides is this the first time NY asked for extra money for shipping after the initial invoice? Can't remember anyone posted here before complaining about NY keep on asking for more shipping money.

This is the first time it's happened to me.

I'm already dreading what my customs fee will be once I get my Monster from Amiami. I want to cancel it if I could, but I have another preorder on the account that I don't want to risk losing. I really wish I could've gotten it at NY.

Looks like I'll be using my next discount code from NY for 2 of my Monsters. :)

Whey discount did you get ?

I'm already dreading what my customs fee will be once I get my Monster from Amiami. I want to cancel it if I could, but I have another preorder on the account that I don't want to risk losing. I really wish I could've gotten it at NY.

You can try emailing them and ask politely.

Edit: Deleted the duplicate sentence. For some weird reasons, when I browse the forum from my phone and reply, it tends to leave a duplicate sentence which I don't see it's there. But when I check back on regular desktop computer, I see the duplicates. :ph34r:

This is not the first time N-Y ask for more money on shipping , But this could be the first time they ask extra money for pretty much every order , may it be only 1 or 2 Roys in your order. I remember they do ask for extras mainly on bulk orders if the difference in weight is too much compare to their estimate. I didn't order the Roy from them so I didn't get "we need more money" email. But from all my previous orders they have not ask me for any extra money. Even when the cost 1000 yen more than the estimate on my 2 Mp ultra Magnus . They ate that one.

Nope, not really interested.

We'll see about that, sir. Look how cool they are with the add-on parts. ;)

image-36.jpeg

Time for No3ljm to add some new blood to his sig line.... :rolleyes:

Hahaha! Need to relayout my sig so that it will fit everything. Might need to remove one quote from Spanner. ;) But for now... sig updated. :ph34r:

Edited by no3ljm

I think the more pertinent question is: Did Bandai even release any Focker units that didn't come with the stand? They only said preorders before such and such date would get the stand. They never said orders placed after the cutoff date wouldn't get the stand. That's the kind of shenanigans I wouldn't put past Bandai. :p

I got all 3 stands. One Roy was ordered after the deadline. Was it Bandai or just NY that said there was a cutoff date for the stand? Maybe NY got the info wrong to begin with.

I got a stand and ordered past the deadline.

The toy and stand are packaged separately but package by the manufacture in the same shipping box. Everyone is getting a stand unless a retailer opens the shipping box to sell the two separately.

We'll see about that, sir. Look how cool they are with the add-on parts. ;)

image-36.jpeg

Hahaha! Need to relayout my sig so that it will fit everything. Might need to remove one quote from Spanner. ;) But for now... sig updated. :ph34r:

Hahaha XD

It looks cool, but I just dislike Hayate so much D:

Maybe, juuuuuuust maybe I'd get Mirage's, but I'd rather get HM-Rs for Max and Millia's valks.

I got all 3 stands. One Roy was ordered after the deadline. Was it Bandai or just NY that said there was a cutoff date for the stand? Maybe NY got the info wrong to begin with.

The cut off date was on tamashii website .

I have a feeling that many sites ordered extra units because they were an exclusive item with an expectation of high demand. If there is a rerelease online it probably won't have the stand, but bandai does get confusing about exclusives.

So far it is difficult to say whether any HMRs will get reissues in the future, but I think a TV Armored Valkyrie as a web exclusive is likely to be a reissue equivalent.

Roy was a web exclusive to distinguish it from the initial 2010 release.

We need VF-19Kai with gunpod attachment.

Edited by calubin_175