Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Y25000 for the Destroid Monster is not bad based on TagHobby post. It's like buying a DX Valk. ;)

That really isn't a bad price at all, considering how friggin' huge the Monster is. Still, I may have to pass simply because I've nowhere to put it. :(

it's the new om nom nom chopping action feature. :p

hehe! you know I was going to write something pretty much along the same sorta lines but held back and kept it more serious! :p:D

i recently passed on a really reasonably priced koenig. im so happy that i did now.

I hope this doesn't sound silly and im not trying to intentionally bash on the things but in a way I find the Konig Monster to be a bit of an insult to the original Destroid Monster! When I first saw them in Frontier I thought the idea of it and how it looked were kinda crap and all these years later I still haven't taken a liking to them. I know there are a lot of guys out there who love the things so please don't take this personally but I feel that it just never really needed to happen.. There were enough transforming mecha as it is and the Konig's came across like overkill. -_-

The HWR-00-MKII Destroid Monster on the other hand is a raw pure unadulterated classic and a very special piece of work! :wub: I instantly fell head over heals in love with them at first site and they even rival the top spot against my all time favorite Macross mecha the VF-1. I have always dreamed of a 1:60 scale version but the incoming Hi-Metal version will more than do for now. Even at around 1:100 scale it will be almost 25cm tall which is going to be big enough to gaze in awe at and enjoy! :D

Man I cant wait to get my hands on this baby and for me anyways this things might just be the release of 2016! Depending if we see any Delta Valks this year or not and how good they end up turning out..

I think in a Macross universe where capital ships can surf and ladies can ride valkyries and do numerous crazy things, a transformable Monster makes a lot of sense (in regard to the Koenig). So I won't salt the Koenig though prior to its existence I loved the pure stomp 'em bash 'em monsterness of the Monster. i love SDF Macross more than all the sequels because it felt like a tangible extension of today whereas the sequels, as they should, are extensions from SDF Macross. I hope the HMR line continues to indulge my SDF Macross fetish but that wouldn't stop me from supporting more Koenigs or other toys. I still would love a MF DX UN Spacy anti aircraft Koenig.

hehe! :lol: don't ever change McFly! don't ever change.. :p

Compromising the honor of women since 1995 XD

These Monsters are gonna kick so much Regult and Glaug ass.

not sure if that's gonna be how it ends but I'd enjoy watching that fight. Bound to be better than pacquiao-mayweather

But, but! Having a Monster transform is sooooo unrealistic! :D

And it has to be the right shade of green!