Hi-Metal R

joppewo

The gray on my vf-1s hik is quite dark as well. I like it though, it's a bit like the low vis roy or vf-x

Same here, but it's not as dark as that VF-1S. Maybe it's just the photo?

Is this coming, or is it just wishful thinking?

Was this part of the Hi-Metal or Hi-Metal R line?

Don't think that's box art. It was just a banner teaser on their homepage.

I'm worried about the retail price of this... maybe around $300?

In case you didn't notice, Vifam7 already posted a photo that has a price tag of Y25000 two pages ago. As of today, Feb 8, 2016, Y25000 is around $216+.

Start saving your money!

*snip*

Edited by no3ljm

hehe! yeah I know! I remember my 1:55 chunky's which as horrible as they are were the best that was available of the day. But I never did like those things..

And I didn't get the chance on owning one so I'm pretty safe. ;)

I know other guys love them and they have a certain collectible charm but from me personally I have to say you didn't miss out on much..

Hahaha! :lol: Don't get me wrong Spanner. I want to have one as well back in the days when it came out during that summer of DYRL. Esp that specific Takatoku Hikaru VF-1S. But I can't just ask my parents all the time to buy all the toys that I want back then. All I get from my loving and responsible parents is the explanation like why we can't spend too much money on buying every single toy out there and ignore the important stuff. In which I'm also doing it now by the way to my son so that he will get the idea of being responsible with money. Coz right now, he always ask me why I DID buy that Project BM Kaneda Set. Hahaha! :lol:

There's no doubting they were the bomb and it was definitely cool to have them but even back then i always felt frustrated that they looked gordy and i couldn't pose them the way i wanted.. but respect to those who admire and hold them dear to their hearts! ;)

Edited by spanner76

True Story. "Jetfire" WAS the VF-1J "Rick Hunter" of the day, and it was pure awesomeness. Although it would be 20+ years until I understood why and how.. :lol:

In the 80's I would search high and low for a valk, never to find one, then my baby brother comes home with a Jetfire. And I'm looking at it with disgust and bafflement for years, wondering why the hell this Transformer piece of crap looks just like the valk I was dying for.

And to stay on topic: Monster!

Edited by arbit

In the 80's I would search high and low for a valk, never to find one, then my baby brother comes home with a Jetfire. And I'm looking at it with disgust and bafflement for years, wondering why the hell this Transformer piece of crap looks just like the valk I was dying for.

And to stay on topic: Monster!

The whole Transformers Jetfire thing really took the shine off the whole thing for me.. my cousin use to give me so much grief spouting crap that bcos Transformers were better than Macross (cos he always preferred TF's) and thats why they used it.. of course all nonsense i knew was crap but i still hated it anyways.

Edited by spanner76

The whole Transformers Jetfire thing really took the shine off the whole thing for me.. my cousin use to give me so much grief spouting crap that bcos Transformers were better than Macross (cos he always preferred TF's) and thats why they used it.. of course all nonsense i knew was crap but i still hated it anyways.

I'm not alone at my grudge against Jerfire! Luckily I ran into the 1/55s in the swap meets and cons.

Really, is this Monster not the most beautiful thing you've ever seen? I will compose a sonnet: My heart cries out for you, Monster.

Lol!

When I was a kid the 80s robot craze had taken over, but here in the states it was a bit tough to get the real versions of toys. I had the Jetfire, and a matchbox robotech monster and a couple of pirated macross toys I think called triple changers or something. The Japanese kits were only slightly easier to get, but not by much. I had some arrii valkyries, and an Imai monster that was just slapped together with no paint or anything.

This hmr series may not be perfect, but it sure is making me happy to see items other than just another valkyrie repaint all the time.

When I was a kid the 80s robot craze had taken over, but here in the states it was a bit tough to get the real versions of toys. I had the Jetfire, and a matchbox robotech monster and a couple of pirated macross toys I think called triple changers or something. The Japanese kits were only slightly easier to get, but not by much. I had some arrii valkyries, and an Imai monster that was just slapped together with no paint or anything.

This hmr series may not be perfect, but it sure is making me happy to see items other than just another valkyrie repaint all the time.

QFT!!!

I still have my Jetfire x2. I only keep them because it was my first "macross" toys. I had most all the other 1/55's but have parted with them all now and don't miss them. They were cool for the time but then Yamato came along and ruined that.

Have the scale for the Glaug and Regult been fudged a little bit? Shouldn't they be bigger than a Valkyrie? I'm getting them anyway but in my mind they should be a tad bigger. No?