Hi-Metal R

joppewo

It all depends on what you're remembering from.... its pretty close according to specs... Regult 15m vs VF-1 battroid 12.68m. On the episode where they pick up Hikaru, Misa, Max and Kakizaki from inside the Regult, the valkyries we're knee high to the Regult. Personally, I feel like the Hi-Metal R's are pretty good aesthetically.

Well, I'm thinking specifically about the crew compartment of the Glaug/Regult. A Valkyrie should be roughly the same size as a Zentran pilot so that's what got me thinking that maybe the scale was altered a little bit. Doesn't really matter, though. I'm so stoked that we're getting them at all, and they look close enough to me.

I have to swing 2 of these Monsters. I might sound weird for saying this, but I have always liked the Destroid Monster more than I like the Konig Monster. I know.. the Konig Monster is more fun to play with most likely than a Destroid toy, but the original SDFM Monster has the proportions I prefer. I always felt like the Konig version was squat with short barrels although it was able to transform, my preferred monster is in gerwalk mode anyway. Don't get me wrong though I still like the Konig Monster and own 2 different Bandai releases of it.

Would be cool if I could somehow afford a 1:100 Daedalus or even just the front with bay open and 3 of the HM-R Monsters and 5 HM-R Tomahawks to recreate the Daedalus attack :D

Daidarosu Atakku!?

Well, I'm thinking specifically about the crew compartment of the Glaug/Regult. A Valkyrie should be roughly the same size as a Zentran pilot so that's what got me thinking that maybe the scale was altered a little bit. Doesn't really matter, though. I'm so stoked that we're getting them at all, and they look close enough to me.

I'd prefer if they stuck to that mentality, but if you use that scale, a 1:100 HMR Regult would be the same size as the 1/60 Yamato Regult. That's the only way a 1:100 Zentran that's relatively the same height as a valkary would fit into a Regult.

I'd prefer if they stuck to that mentality, but if you use that scale, a 1:100 HMR Regult would be the same size as the 1/60 Yamato Regult. That's the only way a 1:100 Zentran that's relatively the same height as a valkary would fit into a Regult.

Sounds good to me, I'd pay extra for that (especially if they sold the zentrans that could fit into the regults and glaugs)! Probably would have bumped up the prices to dx line levels and maybe this is why they didn't do it

I'm just happy to finally get enemy mecha toys, instead of models. Beggars can't be choosers. I will say that I didn't think we'd be waiting quite this long to see Glaug and Regult toys.

You need six Monsters....

vlcsnap-2015-11-02-03h53m34s179.png

Yep 6 Monsters and at least 5 Tomahawks.

Realistically I plan on getting at least 2 or 3 Monsters. 1 Monster for the SDFM display and 1 Monster for the DYRL display. As for Destroids I plan on troop building them because the more there are, the more badass it looks.

Edited by sh9000

You need six Monsters....

vlcsnap-2015-11-02-03h53m34s179.png

Yeah I used a crappy youtube vid for reference so I didn't have to go looking for my copy, could only make out 3 in that low quality video :D

Well then 6 it would be!

how about three and a mirror?

:lol:

Edited by Loop

You want to reminesce about not being able to find things. Try being a kid in Albuquerque, New Mexico in the 80's. We didn't have s**t. My first real accessible VF-1 was the Masterpiece collection POS in the early 2000's. The only real merchandise I was able to pick up as a kid, and I still have no idea where my father found it, was one of those little die cast matchbox SDF-1's in Storm Attack mode which I still have and cherish to this day.

You want to reminesce about not being able to find things. Try being a kid in Albuquerque, New Mexico in the 80's. We didn't have s**t. My first real accessible VF-1 was the Masterpiece collection POS in the early 2000's. The only real merchandise I was able to pick up as a kid, and I still have no idea where my father found it, was one of those little die cast matchbox SDF-1's in Storm Attack mode which I still have and cherish to this day.

tq for reminding on the things that matter. You are right, despite the advances in toy tech, i still cherish me old chunky monkey.

Despite it being in not the best condition, but it represents a lot of things to me..

I guess we were pretty spoiled here in Hawaii. Japanese toys were readily available, including Macross. Y'know what wasn't readily available? Childhood income. :lol:

I managed to save up for the Takatoku VF-1S, but never got the Super VF-1S or the DYRL VF-1S Strike Valkyrie. I wanted those so badly.

Edited by Drad

For thise who prefer larger zentradi mecha instead of a bigger regults what abt a smaller vf-1? hint hint tomy? The regult and glaug would look massive relative to em...

That's true, that would be the more adfordable choice. And now all we need is a 1/144 Monster toy... lol.

If they follow up this darling with all the Destroids, I might just lose it.

Then, imagine... stay with me guys... maybe i'm hallucinating: full fleet of Zentraedi battleships in the Cosmo Fleet Special line.

I think this might happen.

Bandai was reprinting the 1:55 over and over and over until they got burned in the 90s, then gave up on Macross, until Yamato figured out the market.

Now Bandai is seeing how much fan following Macross really has with HMR.

Sky's the limit.

HMR is living up to its name.

I have RESPECT for HMR.

Wasn't Breetai's command ship like, eight times the size of the SDF-1? Somewhere around there? As much as I'd love to see it coming from the Cosmo Fleet line, that'd still be a big-ass ship, even at that smaller scale.

Edited by Drad

Awesome that your father got that for you.

I guess we were pretty spoiled here in Hawaii. Japanese toys were readily available, including Macross. Y'know what wasn't readily available? Childhood income. :lol:

I managed to save up for the Takatoku VF-1S, but never got the Super VF-1S or the DYRL VF-1S Strike Valkyrie. I wanted those so badly.

Second that. I remember Pearlridge used to have Shirokiya and another store where Payless Shoes is now. I remember the 1/55 were like $50 bucks (or was it $100?) and I would try to save all my Birthday and Xmas money to buy the Strike set. I also remember thinking to myself "who would buy this funky orange looking one and this other one with a dish?" lol. Also, I remember Gems and Holiday Mart and the place that started my love for Japanese Models and toys- Space Castle.

Strange the announcement page says on sale now then says more info soon. Must be a translation error?

Edited by wmkjr

Wrong thread?

Sorry. Should've quoted arbit's comment about wanting ships from the Cosmo Fleet line to go along with the Hi-Metal R Macross stuff.

Edited by Drad

So how many Monsters are everyone else getting?

Regarding people posting their childhood toy memories in this thread. They are cool to read and quite interesting but maybe someone should start another thread titled "Old School Toy Memories" or something.

i guess when a toy of something that hasn't had a toy or at least hadn't had one since the early 80s nostalgia just happens. That being said I'm down for at least one monster and I'm gonna save up and maybe get a couple more depending on my personal economy.

There was an episode or two where the monster magically hovered, I think one of the examples was a Mars base scene. Those scenes may have been due to low budget or lazy animators or maybe a misunderstanding of the mechanics.

It's funny you say this – i was just watching the "Mars" episode you speak of last night. I didn't really see it as hovering. Gliding on the ground is more like it. At one point, it was even gliding backwards (moonwalking without moving its legs!) Technically speaking, does that thing "walk" with its legs, or is there some hidden wheels or tank tread under those feet?

It may be lazy animation, but there are at least a couple of scenes where they show it gliding, which to me, doesn't think it's "lazy animators." That thing is way too prominent for them to get lazy with it. Anyone know the official way this thing gets from point A to point B?

Hmmm....