Tamashii Webshop Exclusive RVF-171EX Luca Angeloni

Gakken85

I'm sorry my post wasn't clear. I did successfully go from F to B ad back. Going from B to F the triangles gave me issues. Not the nuns triangles but the other little ones that bend in. Oh man it was stressville

Edited by VF-Zer0S

Battroid mode now on display at the Akiba Showroom.

The wings have hard hard points. Whether it ends up on the production version remains to be seen.

XksfXny.jpg

Even though im not a big fan of the 171, I gotta say Luca's version has a much more interesting head unit that his RVF-25 has..

Edited by spanner76

Now that spanner mentioned the head, how come they didn't change the head unit to the appropriate 'scout' unit or kinda resembles the RVF with a bigger sensor and clear parts like Prophecy? Did they just used the default DX 171 head?

I just thought that somehow it would look nice if it has a different head type that's more appropriate as a 'scout' unit. ;)

Anyways need to rewatch Macross Frontier once again. Hehehe. :D

Yeah, I don't disagree on principle since most Macross series have some differentiation in head-units from character to character and Valkyrie to Valkyrie.

That said it's kind of cool, and almost refreshing (even if comparatively monotonous) that the different 171's have the same head.

And yeah, re-watch Frontier - it was awesome and worthy of another viewing. :D

-b.

I wish the guys in charge of the displays did better in ensuring that they transformed everything correctly. Looking at the battroid pictures (and assuming that the transformation is more or less the same as the previous releases), they missed out on:

• Flipping down chest covers
  • Flipping out shoulder pauldron "thruster?" tab
  • Folding out the shoulder joint
  • Pulling hip joints outward, then tilting them forward
  • Sliding down back plate
  • Pushing knee joint back up. It currently looks like it's still extended from Gerwalk mode
  • Pulling down the "stand" underneath the cockpit
  • Pushing the elbow joints back in

I may have missed out other things, but that's the best I could find from the pictures.

Anyway, still very much looking forward to this release. I've always found the 171 design to be really mean looking, especially for a "mass-produced" Valkyrie.

^^^ Agree, that thing looks so mis transformed. They did not even level out the boob lasers. The backpack is bothering me the most though, I am wondering if it can fold all the way down via the double hinges with that large fin back there. He kinda has the hunched over appearance.

It is a difficult thing to figure out when it comes to the transformation with that fin what exactly we're going to get, isn't it? Given the people who set these up and take the photos can't be bothered to get ANYTHING correct. It's as if they aren't familiar with, or just don't care about, the product they're hocking. Given how the backpack pegs into the other 171's something either has to be different or just doesn't work the same on the RVF version.

Don't see what's up with all the hate.

Just happy to have an RVF-171 at all. I will most definitely mod the stand in some way because it looks way too big. Got a pretty good idea how I'll do it too.

The RVF-25 had small attachment pieces as a compromise for the antennae and I wasn't expecting anything different for the 171.

As for the triangles, I'm crossing my fingers that Bandai doesn't uses the same crappy plastic as last time, and that they use the Alto 171 plastic which was defect-free.

Anyhow, can't wait to get three of these in October :)