Tamashii Webshop Exclusive RVF-171EX Luca Angeloni

Gakken85

Why do I feel like Bandai couldn't design an attractive stand to save their lives? :p

Looking good so far, though I'm utterly confused as to why they would package a spare set of wings with it, but include nothing to put on them. :blink:

I believe one set has hard points.

Oh, I'd assume so one set has hardpoints, but that only begs the question of why they would include the plain ones.. suppose some people might like ones without the hardpoints?

I find it kind of sad that Bandai can make the extra effort to cater to those people, but still can't seem to develop an understanding about aircraft, in a very general sense.

Edited by Chronocidal

Oh, I'd assume so one set has hardpoints, but that only begs the question of why they would include the plain ones.. suppose some people might like ones without the hardpoints?

I find it kind of sad that Bandai can make the extra effort to cater to those people, but still can't seem to develop an understanding about aircraft, in a very general sense.

Umm, dude, they do include both the wings without hard points and additional wings with them.

Oh, no, I got it, I only mean I find it silly that they're bundling in the plain wings at all, because I'd never see a reason to use them. To me, that feels like bundling a VHS copy of a new movie in with the bluray disc, and I'd rather they just leave them out and lower the price. I guess some people are just really adamant about having that set of flawless wings. *shrug*

What it does mean though is that they probably don't have any intention of releasing a weapons set for this one later on, or they'd be holding the wings hostage until you buy the exclusive pack.

Oh, no, I got it, I only mean I find it silly that they're bundling in the plain wings at all, because I'd never see a reason to use them. To me, that feels like bundling a VHS copy of a new movie in with the bluray disc, and I'd rather they just leave them out and lower the price. I guess some people are just really adamant about having that set of flawless wings. *shrug*

What it does mean though is that they probably don't have any intention of releasing a weapons set for this one later on, or they'd be holding the wings hostage until you buy the exclusive pack.

OR... it means they intended to make the weapons pack slightly cheaper, and make it easier for you to decide to get it, since you already have the wings! lol. I'd be shocked if they didn't use this as a chance to repaint the RVF ghosts into a pack.

http://suprememecha.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/photos-dx-chogokin-rvf-171ex.html

Why do i not hate the gerwalk? I actually enjoy all that technological paraphernalia poking out from everywhere! :-) They also give extra wings, so i guess no extra armour parts for this in the future?

Is it just those photos or is the green wrong on that toy and not the wintergreen that it should be?

Also, just got the preparation in progress notice about an hour ago. We'll see how long it actually takes N-Y to ship this time.

No no no. You all got it wrong. It's just that last minute testing showed that with this variant, the wings' plastic disintegrates where it joins the tab so they are simply replacements. LOL! Dear god make it not be so!

Is it just those photos or is the green wrong on that toy and not the wintergreen that it should be?

Also, just got the preparation in progress notice about an hour ago. We'll see how long it actually takes N-Y to ship this time.

Yeah, I was wondering about that too because I kept thinking the green wasn't correct in those photos either. I'll be super pissed if my 171's show up and the green looks like that.

The upper NUNS pieces have a screw that you can loosen to reduce the stresses on the parts, so that might help them stay intact. The pair of mine that cracked looked like they had been overtightened.

There's not much you can do for the underside ones, since they seem to crack from the stress caused by inserting the hinge pin. Could probably coat them in glue to help them hold together, but they're just very thin parts.

Or the plain wings are gangmolded with the shoulders or shins or some other essential part, so they have to be cast no matter what. At which point we're paying for them anyway, so they may as well include them.

Got mine yesterday. Fiddled with it and no pics yet, sorry. I am currently in a Macross slump.

The black triangles looked okay so far.

Best part is I forgotten that I POed this mofo. Was surprised when my supplier called me and said it is here.

There the radome looks deliciously good and the elint fins at the bottom have very small and delicate protrusions. Be careful on that.

Other than tha, he is not flat white like Kronos, a little bit of yelloeish tint on the white.

By the way, the elint fin can be removed.

Edited by TCracker

Got mine yesterday. Fiddled with it and no pics yet, sorry. I am currently in a Macross slump.

The black triangles looked okay so far.

Best part is I forgotten that I POed this mofo. Was surprised when my supplier called me and said it is here.

There the radome looks deliciously good and the elint fins at the bottom have very small and delicate protrusions. Be careful on that.

Other than tha, he is not flat white like Kronos, a little bit of yelloeish tint on the white.

By the way, the elint fin can be removed.

But can you remove the dome too?

I went ahead an bought one, I saw the exchange rate dropped again since yesterday, made the Luca 145$.

I don't want to regret it when this one goes emo status because no one wanted it in the beginning.

Funny, because I let the pre-order cancel, which was around 172$. Yikes!

I paid for EMS, but I reckon' it will take a week for them to even ship it.

*** wow, mine is shipped, that's crazy fast turn around.

Edited by skullmilitia

http://suprememecha.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/photos-dx-chogokin-rvf-171ex.html

Why do i not hate the gerwalk? I actually enjoy all that technological paraphernalia poking out from everywhere! :-) They also give extra wings, so i guess no extra armour parts for this in the future?

i just clicked on the link and noticed armored parts on it in battroid mode pics (last few shots). killer look! which armored parts are those, alto's or the cf's?

i just clicked on the link and noticed armored parts on it in battroid mode pics (last few shots). killer look! which armored parts are those, alto's or the cf's?

The armor parts were no different between Alto and the CF.

Yes it comes packaged separated.

And by Dome I mean the entire support structure attached to the back?