Tamashii Webshop Exclusive RVF-171EX Luca Angeloni

Gakken85

i think it'll be more avail at a decent aftermarket price as the isamu 29 is so i wouldn't worry. wen exclusive tend to hover at retail price a bit like shelf warmers

Do stores order a bunch on their own or are we talking about cancelled pre-orders that they try to sell off? My impression with past web exclusive releases was the retail availability of web exclusive stuff tends to be pretty low.

Do stores order a bunch on their own or are we talking about cancelled pre-orders that they try to sell off? My impression with past web exclusive releases was the retail availability of web exclusive stuff tends to be pretty low.

The two places I usually shop at for Bandai web-exclusives, N-Y and Mandarake usually have a fair amount of stock available. Using only the Isamu YF-29 as an example there are still plenty of those available at decent prices.

David or others can add their own experiences.

-b.

Are you sure? It always seems like a Monday in JP for pre-orders. This means I am usually up on a Sunday night / Monday morning trying to get a toy lol.

the Sun/Mon release times are usually for general release I believe. I don't think the same applies to Webshop Exclusives.

Guest davidwhangchoi

The two places I usually shop at for Bandai web-exclusives, N-Y and Mandarake usually have a fair amount of stock available. Using only the Isamu YF-29 as an example there are still plenty of those available at decent prices.

+1 was going to post the same thing. but the catch is, ozma 29 which was widely avail during pre-order and re-opening of pre-orders, was not avail after release. so there's a small risk of not being able to find it at retail after release if you're really want it.

i'll say this the 171 alto ex hero version was avail at the aftermarket for a long time without much inflation for a whole year.

the 171 cf........ well you know the value of that.

luca's version might sell well and might not... based on a popular hero valk of the same design, the very slow increase in market value and long time availability of alto, i'd venture to say the aftermarket prices will not rise much on this right away bc

this is made to order meaning everyone who wants one will get one so they'll be less demand aftermarket for it since everyone who wants one will be able to order it without any shortage.

second, i don't think luca is a popular character based on the sales of the rvf 25.

isamu 29 is a more popular valk then any luca's and it was the last made to order which is still easy to find at retail value.

will it be avail at NY after release? i don't work for them and can't guarantee it but most likely it will. like 90% chance in my mind. but if that 10% risk makes you paranoid

and if you don't shop at mandarake or yahoo auctions then i would just pre-order it on nippon yasan when pre orders open up. and you don't have to even stay up late the first night to get in on it.

i really can live without any 171's. i sold off my alto, CF and armor all to KiriK new before the crumbling triangle issues cropped up. it was the transformation process that made me lose interest. so it's easy for me to wait and see even if the triangles are improved before taking the plunge on this.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I'm pretty sure Bandai is aware of the issue with the triangles. Everyone is! I'm actually surprised they didn't make a call back, (even Toynami did it with their crappy shadow alphas) or at least offer spare parts. Anyways, I sure they already fix that. I'm taking my chances though, I really like the scheme and I'm getting one

man, the VF-171 mould was so un-fun to transform.. I'm not sure if I should plonk down the cash for this... it not being my favourite design, and having less space to display it...

I feel the same way, but it looks so good. I'm conflicted.

Preordered mine. I like the design and the colors, plus my small-but-growing Valkyrie squadron needs AWACS support. I truly hope the NUNS/triangle thing got resolved.

Edited by Sildani

Why? This is a web shop exclusive which means that Bandai will produce as much toys as orders arrive until a certain deadline. The preorder price will stay the same until this deadline is reached. After release the price for the toy will be evaluated again to sell the remaining pieces NY has as left over.

I'm just saying that N-Y doesn't treat their pre-order price as the final price that is set in stone.

I never had this happen to me. In addition I never heard of other people who had this happen to them. Feel free to provide me with some examples.

They won't increase the price of your order, but the price increases affect only new orders made after the increase. Plus this is a web shop exclusive, Luca and a variant of VF-171(people being cautious due to shoulder issues on CF) <- 3 reasons price wont be increased due to demand.

Pre-ordered two. Looking at the pics, I really hope it's possible to remove the Radome so i can have one with and without though it's looking less like that's a possibility. Looks like I was correct about where the Antenna attaches however.

I may grab one months later after the triangle breakage is either confirmed again as present or confirmed as fixed. This valk will be around and available. I'm not confident enough to put my money in hoping its fixed. If i do buy it (if the breakage is confirmed as fixed) I'm going to put green LEDS along the outside edge to illuminate it like the animation.