Arcadia 1/60 VF-19 Custom Nekki Basara Special with Sound Booster

SaitouSad

6 hours ago, treatment said:

web-translation is a bit iffy, but this is one of the great features in certain Yamarcadia valks...

https://twitter.com/Ezwea1/status/1743882660311941601

web-transalted snap:

image.png.ab8e2719fed6866bc177b29315957cfc.png

Hmm I do like my valks perverted! :p

The seat gimmick is like the VF-0S/A seat gimmick, it doesn't really add much to the toy, but the fact it's there is a nice thought and another example of why Arcadia sometimes go the extra mile for these little things.

2 hours ago, MKT said:

Hmm I do like my valks perverted! :p

The seat gimmick is like the VF-0S/A seat gimmick, it doesn't really add much to the toy, but the fact it's there is a nice thought and another example of why Arcadia sometimes go the extra mile for these little things.

You gotta love the Yamato 21's gimmick. Transforming from battroid mode to fighter the seat rotates by sliding back the nose back to fighter mode position. It is beautiful. I did a couple of times. Now my 21 has been sitting on fighter mode for years. I was just afraid damaging it.

12 hours ago, Froy said:

You gotta love the Yamato 21's gimmick. Transforming from battroid mode to fighter the seat rotates by sliding back the nose back to fighter mode position. It is beautiful. I did a couple of times. Now my 21 has been sitting on fighter mode for years. I was just afraid damaging it.

I never transformed a 21/22 from Battroid back to Fighter yet, so that is cool to know that the seat auto-rotates back. :good:

It got me thinking more on what other little nice-to-have stuff like this that makes Yamcadia valks that much better: 

v2 VF-1: The removable nose with adaptor to support it being carried on another VF's arm.
VF-11: The cockpit escape module.
VF-0S/A: Rotating seat
VF-19: Rotating seat plus egress hatch in battroid
YF-19: The anti-glare area in front of cockpit that pivots down to support the front hinged cockpit opening.
SV-51: Perhaps the telescopic head gimmick?

Can't think of any for the VF-4 though, but that's not to say the toy is anything less compared to others.

So hopefully, Arcadia does something similar for the upcoming VF-5000. ^_^

Edited by MKT

11 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Is the VF-19 good? Should I get one?

Yamato VF-19 suffered the curse of the weak ankle joints. My Arcadia has being holding pretty good so far. I have read some comments about this reissue being even more tight.I

I'dsay the VF-19s are among the best valks from the Yamarcadia era. It is only behind the VF-11 wich to me is the best from Yamato, not counting the VF-1 variants.

I'm not a huge fan of Macross 7 series but the Kai Valkyrie equiped with the sound booster is a hell of a display piece.

I only own Kai and a VF-19S. Still trying to catch a 19F.

Edited by Froy

5 minutes ago, Froy said:

Yamato VF-19 suffered the curse of the weak ankle joints. My Arcadia has being holding pretty good so far. I have read some comments about this reissue being even more tight.I

I'dsay the VF-19s are among the best valks from the Yamarcadia era. It is only behind the VF-11 wich to me is the best from Yamato, not counting the VF-1 variants.

I'm not a huge fan of Macross 7 series but the Kai Valkyrie equiped with the sound booster is a hell of a display piece.

I only own Kai and a VF-19S. Still trying to catch a 19F.

Over here I'm chasing the 19P, which is not easy to find...

I gotta say now that I've had some more time with the figure, I'm not a huge fan of the sound booster combination.

It looks gorgeous, but my favorite thing about this guy is how fun and solid he feels to pick up and pose, in contrast with something like some 3rd party transformers.

The sound booster makes him way more fiddly in battroid mode. I do like the fighter mode connection though, it is pretty cool to whoosh around

I got mine a few days ago, and I must say, while I haven't transformed it, it looks completely identical to the previous combination that was released awhile ago. It does feel a little tighter though. I'm glad I got this one. I do wish they'd focus on finishing the 5000, but with inflation being what it is now, I think my wallet can take a good short break.

3 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

not sure...  Do you like white painted landing gears.? If white landing gears are not your thing, avoid.

That sounds weird. Everyone knows real aircraft uses unpainted diecast landing gear. 

Opened my Arcadia VF-19 and holy moly they painted the diecast shoulder joints a much brighter shade of red than the rest of the valk. The red paint sticks out way more than it did on the Yamato VF-19.

Aside from that, the yellow parts now being gold, and the tinted canopy, it's identical to Yamato's.

I can see why some don't like the canopy tint. Instead of being totally transparent yellow (like the RVF-25) there's a glittery texture to it, similar to the VF-31 toys, though not nearly as bad. It ends up kinda making the canopy glass look dirty, like Ray is gonna walk up to it and write "WASH ME" with his finger. :crazy:

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Opened my Arcadia VF-19 and holy moly they painted the diecast shoulder joints a much brighter shade of red than the rest of the valk. The red paint sticks out way more than it did on the Yamato VF-19.

Aside from that, the yellow parts now being gold, and the tinted canopy, it's identical to Yamato's.

I can see why some don't like the canopy tint. Instead of being totally transparent yellow (like the RVF-25) there's a glittery texture to it, similar to the VF-31 toys, though not nearly as bad. It ends up kinda making the canopy glass look dirty, like Ray is gonna walk up to it and write "WASH ME" with his finger. :crazy:

Are the shoulder joints actually brighter, or did the rest of the valk get darker?

I might make a frankenvalk, and slap together the best-looking parts of both the new and old releases, depending on how difficult it is to do.

My friend got the new reissue a couple weeks ago and I recently got a chance to look at it when I was over at his place. I have the previous Arcadia. Don't have the original Yamato. I didn't have mine with me at the time but the new reissue looked exactly the same as mine including color, or at least any visual difference wasn't very noticeable to me. Only difference was some slight joint tolerances in a few spots. But I attribute that to just varying QC along with mine just being older. His also has a stress mark on the right trigger finger like others have reported that problem. Friend didn't notice it before until I pointed it out to him.

4 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Are the shoulder joints actually brighter, or did the rest of the valk get darker?

I might make a frankenvalk, and slap together the best-looking parts of both the new and old releases, depending on how difficult it is to do.

This guy tweeted some pics of the Yammie and the reissue together:

https://twitter.com/muko037/status/1743874315341410605

web-translated:

image.png.afe72d5b9dca21d96430794ac6669604.png

Seems other older tweets have also mentioned the reissue being slightly darker than the previous versions.

This is all deja vu from years ago when Arcadia sold this exact same toy for the first time.

Does anyone have the new and old Arcadia releases to compare to each other? I just checked my site and I said the red was basically the same as the Yamato so maybe that is a change from the first release. 

Edited by jenius

On 1/7/2024 at 8:27 PM, MKT said:

I never transformed a 21/22 from Battroid back to Fighter yet, so that is cool to know that the seat auto-rotates back. :good:

It got me thinking more on what other little nice-to-have stuff like this that makes Yamcadia valks that much better: 

v2 VF-1: The removable nose with adaptor to support it being carried on another VF's arm.
VF-11: The cockpit escape module.
VF-0S/A: Rotating seat
VF-19: Rotating seat plus egress hatch in battroid
YF-19: The anti-glare area in front of cockpit that pivots down to support the front hinged cockpit opening.
SV-51: Perhaps the telescopic head gimmick?

Can't think of any for the VF-4 though, but that's not to say the toy is anything less compared to others.

So hopefully, Arcadia does something similar for the upcoming VF-5000. ^_^

I hate the VF-11 cockpit escape module. Too fidgety. No good way to lock it into place. Wish they hadn't done that.

Just got mine today, and when i opened it i cannot be more disappointed. Mine got a really bad paint smudge on the shoulder armor. The gold paint looks like it's not fully dried, and someone just touching it, and smudged it. If any of you got this reissue on the way, i suggest you at least open it and check the gold paint. 1st time happening to me. And i own a lot of Yamato, and Arcadia products. 20240116_234550_HDR.jpg.d0ceadc7ad7b35a000b7598802ab519c.jpg

11 hours ago, t040484 said:

Just got mine today, and when i opened it i cannot be more disappointed. Mine got a really bad paint smudge on the shoulder armor. The gold paint looks like it's not fully dried, and someone just touching it, and smudged it. If any of you got this reissue on the way, i suggest you at least open it and check the gold paint. 1st time happening to me. And i own a lot of Yamato, and Arcadia products. 20240116_234550_HDR.jpg.d0ceadc7ad7b35a000b7598802ab519c.jpg

That sux!

Manufacturing/Factory damage.

Try to return it for a replacement asap!

30 minutes ago, t040484 said:

I did. No luckScreenshot_20240117-143806.png.b26d6e606d7cb697adb98dc9aa33f500.png

That's absolutely terrible, and to me there's no way this is "extremely inconspicuous" or "acceptable" especially given that this is a near $300 figure w/ shipping costs. I don't have this reissue but have the prior Arcadia release, and honestly I'm not all that thrilled with the overall QC of the figure. It's a frustratingly fiddly figure. Count me in as one of those waiting, or hoping, for a DX Fire Valkyrie to replace it.

1 hour ago, t040484 said:

I did. No luckScreenshot_20240117-143806.png.b26d6e606d7cb697adb98dc9aa33f500.png

Bummer.

Like amzn-jp, I don't think Ami does Return-for-Replacements anymore due to the expensive shipping-fees nowadays. 

Just Return-for-Refund, iirc.

As such...

If you're as unsatisifed as me, then I can suggest to ask them for you to just return it for a full refund since the item is not acceptable to you.  You can then return the item via the cheapest USPS with tracking and return-receipt (Priority International, i think).  Should be around $50 or so. If you're in the US, that is.  Prolly way more expensive if you're in CA, Europe or Asia.

Then afterwards, try to get it again from HLJ this time since it's still available there for 34800jpy. They're gonna be a bit cheaper than Ami since they dont add the tokyo-tax, and you don't have to ship it right away. More shipping and return options, too.

Good luck!

Edited by treatment
updated suggestion

56 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Ugh that sucks.

Happy that I still have the old Yamato version with sound booster. 

Yeah, me too. Also looking forward to the DX version though, I want to see what it looks like. 

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

The Ami-Ami FU.  Maybe they'll offer you $7 store credit.

Yup. Amiami is the best, until you got problem with the item. Then they're the worst kind of company. No customer service whatsoever. 

We'll most likely have to wait for Jenius' review to watch a 1-1 comparo between the original 2014 and this reissue. If he still has 2014 version, that is.

I think neither Wotafa  nor MarkH has the 2014 version, either, as their own archived reviews were the original Yammie.

On 1/13/2024 at 5:28 AM, treatment said:

This guy tweeted some pics of the Yammie and the reissue together:

https://twitter.com/muko037/status/1743874315341410605

web-translated:

image.png.afe72d5b9dca21d96430794ac6669604.png

Seems other older tweets have also mentioned the reissue being slightly darker than the previous versions.

Sill prefer the yammie color scheme. Its strange that to this date, arcadia does not want to reissue the VF-19A/S and VF-17D/S and also with the current advancement of technologies, tampo print all their valks instead of putting them under PF line with some fancy shading, weathering and panel lining