Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Although (probably too early to tell) I see that droopy crack behind the cockpit by the upper intakes where the chest piece separates which was always a problem with all the VF-0s before - that separation closes up nicely if its sitting on its landing gears, but if you have it displayed in flight without the forward fuselage supported, it droops.

Looks like they reworked the knee joints as well to use an extending hinge like the VF-1, instead of that weird double joint the first version had.

I actually liked how much range of motion the old one had, but the design made it hard to rotate the lower legs out because the knee cap could interfere.

Looks like they reworked the knee joints as well to use an extending hinge like the VF-1, instead of that weird double joint the first version had.

I actually liked how much range of motion the old one had, but the design made it hard to rotate the lower legs out because the knee cap could interfere.

You're right. Not a big surprise. But the old, odd, double joint version really did make Gerwalk posing on the 0 better than the 1.

Guest davidwhangchoi

It is beautiful...

as if it's telling everyone that doesn't like the blue to kiss it in the rear... :wub:

:lol:

if Tenjin says it's wrong.... then it's not possible to be beautiful. a grandmaster has spoken.

but since you're a grandmaster of painting yourself (you're painting my figures... conflict of interest)... what part do i kiss? the backpack :p

Anyone with a lot of VF-0 experience want to chime on the gerwalk photo? Does it look to be holding it more solid? I just watched Jenius' review of the Yamato VF-0s, and one of his critiques was that the nose of the plane was loosely tipped down in gerwalk.

lEYrCRU.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

The old feet on the VF-0's just wouldn't stay in place.

When you pulled them down to try to pose them left or right, or balance it, they would just slide back up into an unlocked position.

The unknown soldier release was better, but the movement was limited. You couldn't get that locked out predatory bird look that you could get with the VF1s.

Edited by Gakken85

Anyone with a lot of VF-0 experience want to chime on the gerwalk photo? Does it look to be holding it more solid? I just watched Jenius' review of the Yamato VF-0s, and one of his critiques was that the nose of the plane was loosely tipped down in gerwalk.

lEYrCRU.jpg

That gap between the chest piece and the heat-shield isn't half as bad as in the previous version. I'd say pushing the nosecone towards the fuselage would suffice to make the gap disappear, but it's probably to early to say.

Glad to see this is finally happening. I don't like any 'Valk designs outside of 'Zero, Macross or 'Plus so I'm looking forward to buying another variable fighter after a long, long time...

I'll be shocked if there's any semblance of that gap. I seem to remember some MWers fixed it by straightening out an internal piece of metal.

Yes. if you straighten the metal LERX you get rid of the gap.

Guest davidwhangchoi

The gunpod has to shoot paintballs too. Or have The 0D be able to look like it's been shot up by paintballs. Stickers or whatever.

haha i forgot about that

BTW...any tips how to fix the droopy feet of the VF-OS/A?

Mine don't stay in place in G/B-Modes...and one the replacement biceps have fractured LOL. What a mess the originals were.