Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Side view from the OVA:

VF0DSide_zpsbce055f5.png

Looks more like a gradient, which is not going to happen on a mass produced toy. I'm fine with the wavy edges. I'm fine with a straight line between the two colors as well.

^ Wait, I need to get my popcorn first..

Edited by close313

After Fiddling with my Vf-171 it is forever staying in Fighter. I now know I suck at transforming it which bring me back to topic. The Vf-1 and Vf-25 are very easy to transform. For anyone that owns any Yamato VF-0 variant, is the transformation exactly the same to a Vf-1 or about the same?

Ah, the old versions. They'll have to engineer new ones.

Makes sense.

I hope they stick with the magnet system. Love those.

I wish all superparts were magnets haha

Edited by Gakken85

Looking good. Do we know if it will come with the leg fast pack armor ala the vf-0s/0A?

The 0D did not have the leg-packs in the anime, and I've not seen any line-art that depicted it with the leg-packs.

It's also not as kewl to have as the FPs for the Hikaru-1J.

It'll be a waste of space and unnecessary price-increase if Arcadia includes it.

It's a new mold, there's no reason to think they will interchange.

Exactly, especially since there is no anime or line art precedent to support the packs. Besides, who wants Arcadia to have a reason to charge more for this release?

-b.

...Besides, who wants Arcadia to have a reason to charge more for this release?

Reason, Arcadia don' need no stink'n reason?... They might use $5-$10 worth of content -- they have in the past -- as a pretext for charging $50-$60+ extra, though.

Ah, but they will be planning to retool this mold for re-issues.

The D didn't have fast packs but I'm hoping the magnet feature makes it to the A ect.

A company willing to retool a toy from a fairly obscure Macross project, even for Macross fans? I'll pay premium for that.

Edited by Gakken85

That's my point though. There's different reasons and occasions why bright vs. muted colors are used. The simplification of "because... Asians." Is laughable to me. I'm not offended but it's down right silly. Next time I watch knights of sidonia, I'll be sure to turn the contrast up. I must've mistakenly turned on the muted color filter by mistake.

I have been watching anime a lot latley and one thing I don't like is whenever a crazy scientist villain is in a anime they always have that dreamworks smile on their faces giving them away as a bad guy who is plotting to take over the world look. It spoils the mystery of guessing who are good and bad guys in shows.

You know what I mean by creepy and cocky expression:

http://makethedreamworksface.tumblr.com/

http://sorenragsdale.livejournal.com/19043.html

Nobody in real life makes it but you see it in both western and eastern animation these days. So annoying imo. It's like Eddie Murphy has taken over the character's bodies. Another thing in eastern animation I notice is whenever a crazy berserker type character is in the show their faces look hideous and the eyeballs go really big. As if the eyeballs in animes are not already huge enough. When they go super big and the pupils go small it makes them look sooo creepy. Example Gundam Seed when those cyber newtype pilots start attacking. Makes me realise more why the 80s was way cooler than the 90s and 00s. Things were more realistic. You didn't have dudes eyes pop almost out of the sockets to exagerate how crazy people could be. You just had to guess based on subtle facial expressions. Now it's standard in all shows.

Crazy guy face was probably present in older shows whenever they needed a serial killer. But they overdo it now. Everyone is a cocky son of a b1tch. It makes me want to punch the monitor. I get it the main character is so cocky he understands what we are thinking before we think it and is smirking at us all the time aware of how much more control he has over us as lower lifeforms who could never anticpate his every single chess move. Grrr...

Americans are more guilty of it than the asians but I wish it would go away. Not everyone can be as cool as the ninja turtles or sonic the hedgehog. The average joe doesn't make that expression. And I guess the average military vehicle doesn't appear so colorful as it does in macross and gudam but it's way less annoying since at least in the case of macross 7 they gave us a backstory for why the rockstar guy wants to appear different/cool (vibrant colours all over the plane) and not a government controlled grunt soldier who has to obey orders from uncool old men.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker