Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

I guess this is the shade of blue the VF-0D had before they added layers and layers of dirt shader and before it was rendered in realistic lighting conditions.

I can easily imagine that Arcadia got the RGB color code from Satellite that they used in the show. With the exception that it looks totally wrong on a scale model with a studio light setup. :)

I guess this is the shade of blue the VF-0D had before they added layers and layers of dirt shader and before it was rendered in realistic lighting conditions.

I can easily imagine that Arcadia got the RGB color code from Satellite that they used in the show. With the exception that it looks totally wrong on a scale model with a studio light setup. :)

I concur with your reasoning

Yeah, that's "Max VF-22S" blue, not "Shin 0D" blue. Not even close.

If that's the final color, it's a deal-killer. (and a 0D has been my most-wanted valk for years at this point--but that looks nothing like the valk I saw in M0)

Agreed.

While the actual sculpt etc. is awesome, that's just not the right color. That's a Max blue, not the Shin grey-blue. (IMO, that's the biggest issue with the color - it's too saturated.)

LOL! Whoops, I stand corrected sir. :p

Just you wait.

Arcadia's gonna sell two versions of the Shin-0D

-- fresh Max-blue like the one on display at WF right now.

and then

-- weathered-blue that is anime-accurate. Might be a website-exclusive...

:D

I'd get both. B))

-b.

Big disappointment that this zero retains the poor tampo that the others had. The UN kite, upper intake, ejection warning, all of them are stickers. The only thing tampo is the lower intake warning. The zeros's were naked in regards to iconic tampo marks like the kite and I'm stunned they stuck with stickers on this in 2015. This seems to be an emerging trend with arcadia reducing tampo. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting the volume you see on the CF 1J that was an expriment, but the critical marks like the upper and lower intakes and UN kite on the nose should be tampo on a premium toy like this.

I bet that SD is a kit, no?

From what I can tell it has everything the older releases had... the red triangles under the cockpit, and the intake. Looks like it's going to have the yellow and orange on the legs and missiles too.

Edited by Gakken85

Big disappointment that this zero retains the poor tampo that the others had. The UN kite, upper intake, ejection warning, all of them are stickers. The only thing tampo is the lower intake warning. The zeros's were naked in regards to iconic tampo marks like the kite and I'm stunned they stuck with stickers on this in 2015. This seems to be an emerging trend with arcadia reducing tampo. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting the volume you see on the CF 1J that was an expriment, but the critical marks like the upper and lower intakes and UN kite on the nose should be tampo on a premium toy like this.

Dude, this is a hand-painted prototype. They aren't going to Tampo ANYTHING to this thing.

Agreed.

While the actual sculpt etc. is awesome, that's just not the right color. That's a Max blue, not the Shin grey-blue. (IMO, that's the biggest issue with the color - it's too saturated.)

You know, when you put it that way, it make me want it more. Shin is a terrible character and I'd much rather be able to pretend that it's a Virgin Road VF-0D with Max and Milia in the cockpit than Shin and what's-his-face. :p

No sure about that. The lower intake and the wing kites are tampo'd. It also appears to be cast in that color not hand painted.

I hope you don't feel TOO disappointed but IMO even the kites are stickers. I don't care yet since it's only a hand-painted prototype.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=40552&p=1138908

Guest davidwhangchoi

i can't wait till the next prototype... please make the blue grey/darker... but i'll still buy it the way it is... :D

I saw this at WF and I thougth it was beautiful. The lines, color, and detail. Plus it looked like the issues that were present in the Yamato VF-0S/0A models were gone (such as the gap that was present under the weight of valk just above the jet inlet which led to the hanging gun pod). One thing I noted was each wing had 3 hard points. The two AIM missiles present on the outer most pilon and then there were two vacant hard points. The display showed two missile pods. I am not sure if Arcadia was trying to show that you will only get two pods total, so one for each wing, or if there will be some other weapons like we saw in the YF-19 that were not present.

MrK tweeted they heard about the color being wrong, including from Tenjin, so color will be changed.

Well, if Tenjin said the color is wrong, I think everyone can relax...slightly.

According to him, all the valks should look like his 30th Anniversario VF-1J :p

@EXO: Beautiful Gerwalk mode, isn't it?

It is beautiful...

as if it's telling everyone that doesn't like the blue to kiss it in the rear... :wub:

:lol: