Top 5 most wanted VF-1 paint Scheme!

skullmilitia

This will eventually turn into a poll. But what I want is for you to shout out the top 5 non Hero color variations of the VF-1. I will then tally them up, and start a poll.

The top 5 finalists will be forwarded to MrK.

No guarantees, but he'd like to know the fan favorites.

Remember, Non-Hero, so no Max and Miriya or Hikaru's ect!

VF-1 only..

Go!

I'm throwing in mine to get the ball rolling..

1) Minmay Guard

2) Black Aces

3) Low Viz grey, or just a grey Kit with S/A/J heads

4) Woodland Camo

5) Stealth

Will wait for the poll to add more;

Minmay Guard: Paris Act

Minmay Guard (Full Moon)

Enigma

Meteor Buster

All of those would be automatic multiple purchases for me, on the VF-1 of course.

I'm not that familiar with the non-standard paint schemes on other VF's but I'd take a few of those as well, especially on the newly redesigned YF-19.

-b.

Is this "request" based on some new twitter post...or based on what was mentioned on the latest MW podcast?

If based on the podcast...I thought the idea was to find out what valks (and other stuff) fans were interested in Arcadia producing....not necessarily just VF-1 repaints.....

Also...how long will you be soliciting responses...maybe a cut-off date is needed?

With that said and in no particular order/preference....

VF-1 based repaints:

1) Alaska Base VF-1A

2) VEFR-1

3) VT-1C

4) VF-1J Milia (Macross 7)

5) SDP-1

VF wish list:

1) VF-9

2) VF-14 (M7/M+)

3) Fz-109 A/F

4) VF-5000 (D7)

5) VA-3C (D7)

Runner's up:

6) VF-11MAXL

7) VF-17T

8) VF-X-4

9) VF-0D

10) VF-3000

BUT HONESTLY....MOST WANTED MACROSS PT TOY:

SDF-1 TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

....if Arcadia produces just the top 5 vote-getters alone...that's over 1000 USD MSRP from each valk super-fan.........hope they are paying attention....

Edited by jvmacross

Well...based on the current choices...it's turning more into a "What Hasegawa VF-1 collaboration do you want next from Arcadia"..... ;) .......not sure if that is what Arcadia wants to do though....wouldn't that mean they would need to pay double the normal licensing fees..... to BW........and Hasegawa?

Edited by jvmacross

Re: pics.

Macross World Member Custom Toy Gallery for some great examples of paint schemes listed already and not listed.

Direct links to pictures I was able to find - although my preferred scale is the current 1/60 line please keep in mind that most if not all are in 1/48.

Minmay Guard: Paris Act

Minmay Guard: Moon

I think a partnership with Hasegawa makes the most sense for Arcadia but I'd be open to purchase any non-canon scheme as long as it was aesthetically pleasing.

-b.

1. Minmay Guard Paris

2. Minmay Guard Moon

3. VF-1D as a non canon scheme - say low viz or stealth. I thought this would be cool to mix things up a bit.

4. Black aces

Apart from the guards versions, I think the VF-1D would be the most interesting release. We have only had SDFM VT-102 and the virgin road. Hell, even a fodder scheme VF-1D would sell but add the low viz and it would really move.

This is only for VF-1 repaints, it has nothing to do with anything other than a response I got in an email.

Let's not argue the merits, just post the schemes you'd like, and maybe after -10-20 more people respond I'll pick the most mentioned to be used to poll.

1D, VE and VT are all in the mix

Edited by skullmilitia

1. arii box art darkish ("deep space" is what i call it) vf-1j

2. Low viz grey similar to the 1/48 vf-a/j/s kit

3. Stealth theme from the 1/48 line including Fast packs vf-1j

4. minmay guard vf-1s

5. some kind of real world digital camo

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/arii/76025b.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/arii/ar353-3-box.jpg

1. Low viz gray no paint kit (built or unbuilt)

2. Black no paint kit (built or unbuilt)

3. Minmay guard (both versions)

4. Blue roses

5. Enigma

I whole heartedly agree with this lineup. If not releasing schemes, at least do a couple various colored plastic releases to make our own. I'm still kicking myself for selling off my 1/48 grey Low Vis. Loved that scheme.

I think this topic would benefit greatly if we could find scans from "Variable Fighter Master File: VF-1 Valkyrie Volume 1 & 2". There are quite a few nice schemes in those books, otherwise Hasegawa schemes will probably dominate the poll and we don't even know if those are an option due to licensing.

Speaking of Hasegawa (and the need for pics).... There are actually 3 "blue Roses" schemes, so if it makes the poll there could be some confusion.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazines/mg_1020015.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazines/mgpg31.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazines/no02v-mg-page5.jpg

I'm going to risk it and hold off making my pick until I get home and take a look at the master file books.

1. "Enigma" - sample 1 sample 2 sample 3

2. "Minmay Guard Paris" - sample 1 sample 2

3. "Minmay Guard Moon Act" - sample 1 sample 2 sample 3

4. Blue Roses 1J (either one)- sample 1 sample 2

5. Blue Roses 1S - sample 1 sample 2 sample 3

If not actually make these paint schemes, at least make 1/60 scale decals or stickers to make it possible.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

I wonder who decided to pass the 30th anniversary paint job...I dont think it sells well, seeing that theyre deep discounted at a couple of retailers...

Heck, the minmay Guard Paris could easily be made the 30th anniversary piece and wouldve sold like hot cakes. I mean if they can do the tampo printing like the current 30th anniversary, there's no way the cant do the same for any of the other customs listed above.

1. Woodland Cameo: I don't know why but I love the idea of this Valk. It has a real "real" robot feel that would be boss in 1/60

2. Macross the first Hikaru: I think that Mikimoto kind of deserves this one to raise the visability of his project. Maybe a signed version? That would set fandom on fire IMO.

68fbe8b50c356cab6febdab3597b05f3.jpg

3. Some kind of battle damaged variant.. because we haven't seen that yet. but that would probably require molding.

A traditional fighter jet deal: Something like this with real world 80's appeal. Sharks teeth and numbers all over.

VF-1SSVF-111CAG.png

4. Some Weirdo Joons Tribute in green? Or maybe an off color Angel bird? That would just be fun.

mc221480.jpg

5. Minmay guard. Not dying for one but it seems popular. A little too otaku for me :D

Trying to think outside the box :D

Edited by Gakken85

Kinda, sorta already mentioned, but what about the mythical "credit card exclusive" Valk. . . . but with a 1A or 1S head?

And I'm with jvmacross, I will put down money for a large-scale, reasonably priced TV-style SDF-1 with attached Prometheus and Daedalus.

I sent a tweet to Mr. K about the macross the first idea. He replied:

"美樹本さんのVF-1ですね。それも手かもしれませんね。ありがとうございます! (ゴメン。日本語以外が解らないの)"

It is VF-1 of this Miki's. It even I might hand. Thank you! (I'm sorry. Non-Japanese do not understand)

Translation doesn't seem correct.

I sent a tweet to Mr. K about the macross the first idea. He replied:

"美樹本さんのVF-1ですね。それも手かもしれませんね。ありがとうございます! (ゴメン。日本語以外が解らないの)"

It is VF-1 of this Miki's. It even I might hand. Thank you! (I'm sorry. Non-Japanese do not understand)

Translation doesn't seem correct.

Dont read/write/speak Japanese but maybe what he meant was he too, wants the VF-1J in Macross The First. maybe..