Jump to content

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.


Gakken85

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Mommar said:

The Christmas haul.  By some bizarre miracle Target actually had TWO of the new TMNT sets this past weekend.

66225F61-A503-46AE-BBFC-2ECBEFB70F27.thumb.jpeg.72d43d993275df91f2d919044c8589c9.jpeg
Unfortunately Guitar Center screwed me and didn’t send the right decks so I only have the new mixer pictured here.

1C2856DE-2A71-4BAC-857B-6636E3509AF2.thumb.jpeg.3869d75edb9a68fe35ff794657d39987.jpeg

Which decks did you pickup?

 

Still have my Technic 1200s and DJM-100 stored under the bed lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking for an opinion on my next non-macross purchase to stand alongside my weathered 1/48 DXs. A professionally painted 1/48 gundam model, going for a more "realistic" color scheme. Obviously I would rather have a red Zaku, but what are everyone's thoughts on this? I only have a few hours to decide too before the auction ends...

Thanks for the feedback!!

i-img1200x800-1608786574zxo2dm22039.jpg

i-img800x1200-1608786578fwgfal1830574.jpg

i-img800x1200-1608786595hliqco1878208.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Looking for an opinion on my next non-macross purchase to stand alongside my weathered 1/48 DXs. A professionally painted 1/48 gundam model, going for a more "realistic" color scheme. Obviously I would rather have a red Zaku, but what are everyone's thoughts on this? I only have a few hours to decide too before the auction ends...

Thanks for the feedback!!

i-img1200x800-1608786574zxo2dm22039.jpg

i-img800x1200-1608786578fwgfal1830574.jpg

i-img800x1200-1608786595hliqco1878208.jpg

If you’d rather have something else, try to do that instead. Don’t settle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Which decks did you pickup?

They don't refer to them as anything as cool as "decks" anymore.  They're Media Players these days.

But as it stands, nothing. 

Guitar Center was supposed to send me a Denon sc6000M Prime but instead they sent me a used sc6000 with no cables and then told me they were out of 6000M's.  And as it turns out all of North America appears to be out of 6000M's, nobody has been able to get me one.  A place in New York said they had two left and this morning I had to contact the guy to ask why it hadn't shipped yet.  Said the warehouse called and it turned out they were out too.  I have 35 days to determine if I want to return the mixer and just put the SSD in my computer instead because nobody can tell when new players will be available again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Picked up another Max 1S to use with the weathering edition SSP set I got a little while back. Should skull leader Max have blue or black skull markings on his strike parts? :unknw:

50784323136_26532a67db_o.jpg

Happy new year everyone! :drinks:

Oh, sweet pickup! I don’t care about it either way if it were to come one way or another but if I was applying a decal myself, I’d go with Blue because Max. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Oh, sweet pickup! I don’t care about it either way if it were to come one way or another but if I was applying a decal myself, I’d go with Blue because Max. 

Thanks! Was wondering which would look better since 1S Max has a black heat shield and it was never established on screen what his skull leader strike parts should look like. I was leaning towards blue too but black might look pretty good as well. :good:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Thanks! Was wondering which would look better since 1S Max has a black heat shield and it was never established on screen what his skull leader strike parts should look like. I was leaning towards blue too but black might look pretty good as well. :good:

Yeah, which is why I wouldn’t care if it came either way. I just personally like to have as much variation as possible so if there is a chance to make something different, I usually will.  I still need a Max 1S in every size, HMARDX.

Edited by Slave IV
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, borgified said:

I'm with @Slave IV as well on a Max 1s, however dishing out close to almost 50k yen on the Yammie 1/60 Weathered 1s Max from Manda is way over my budget for me.  

Yeah, the prices for it are too high for me and I don’t want to deal with customs.  I’ll just wait. 

Edited by Slave IV
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Thanks! Was wondering which would look better since 1S Max has a black heat shield and it was never established on screen what his skull leader strike parts should look like. I was leaning towards blue too but black might look pretty good as well. :good:

So, if you have a weathered Roy already, using the black would give you flexibility to use the packs on either one, but otherwise, I'd probably go with blue.

Edited by Chronocidal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Just DIY for a few bucks.

50483259927_e1bae403b3_o.jpg

My god that is beautiful! In fact I am always inspired by your work, makes me really want to try that subtle weathering too BUT I always chicken out.:p Say, is this Flory wash or airbrush?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I need to start using my rewards to get free toys.  One thing that’s long overdue in getting is the Marvel Select comic Hulkbuster.  Also forgot to mention that the Marvel Legends Hellfire Club Set was shipped in just the mailer and was dented so Hasbro Pulse let me keep the set and gave me a full refund.  Purchases are much nicer when they end up free.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RedComet said:

I made a weathered DX Max. I was gonna do the black DX roundels if I non-canonically posed it with the SSP just so the numbers would match.

 

 

E35C0195-DC5F-47D4-996B-2F189B0026F8.jpeg

 

Looks badass!

Mine's the 1/60 Yamato so the numbers are a separate decal from the colored circles. Bandai would need to release another SSP set with a blue 001 skull, but that's pretty unlikely.

 

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

So, if you have a weathered Roy already, using the black would give you flexibility to use the packs on either one, but otherwise, I'd probably go with blue.

That's a good point; however my Roy already has the premium finish SSP so these are staying on Max.

 

3 hours ago, Angesdad said:

My god that is beautiful! In fact I am always inspired by your work, makes me really want to try that subtle weathering too BUT I always chicken out.:p Say, is this Flory wash or airbrush?

Thanks! It's Flory wash and Tamiya weathering master. :good:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I need to start using my rewards to get free toys.  One thing that’s long overdue in getting is the Marvel Select comic Hulkbuster.  Also forgot to mention that the Marvel Legends Hellfire Club Set was shipped in just the mailer and was dented so Hasbro Pulse let me keep the set and gave me a full refund.  Purchases are much nicer when they end up free.

Free is the best price! That Marvel Select is still the best cheap Hulbuster made imo. I never needed to open mine because I ended up getting the Re:Edit one which is still one of the best figures I’ve ever owned. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kicker773 said:

Should have asked for that for Christmas damn. Jelly 

Believe it or not, but I bought this on accident sort of. I had put it in my cart to get a qoute for shipping. I left it in there and completely spaced it when I bought something else. I had totally forgotten about it until I saw the charge on my CC. Totally didn't have the $$ for it, guess I'll have to divert funds from my motorcycle savings. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Picked up another Max 1S to use with the weathering edition SSP set I got a little while back. Should skull leader Max have blue or black skull markings on his strike parts? :unknw:

50784323136_26532a67db_o.jpg

Happy new year everyone! :drinks:

Even though we didn't get to see Max's 1S don a Strike Pack in the movie, I'd go with black skull emblem on the boosters. ;) Happy New Year to you too @Lolicon! :drinks:

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year and a wonderful 2021. 

Please stay healthy and safe, and enjoy Macross responsibly. 

愛・おぼえていますか

- Dr. Shizuka the Cat, Ph.D.

Happy New Year to you too @Shizuka the Cat:drinks:

And to everyone else as well. Stay safe everyone. :hi:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few recent acquisitions.

Thrustmaster HOTAS for PS4, took a bit to snag one at cost, since most were going for double retail.

Superplastic’s 12in 2D light up figure, his eyes glow.

Armada Clone Wars Republic starter set (not shown: the other republic starter set and the CIS starter I also got)

A couple of books (one is familiar here), the other was released by the people behind a fun historical channel on YouTube.

And some assorted figures and Gundam releases, regular retail and P-Bandai.

FE4110ED-232F-49E8-81CA-11B4B7D644E1.jpeg

AB8B6B15-4ABE-4ECA-AECB-369DA7CDCF80.jpeg

F07660E1-80A5-48AD-BB16-2BF5CEA6D8CA.jpeg

C7DF0048-D2A2-4D44-9B28-BDB6ED489E88.jpeg

BEA8AEF6-E3BC-4097-B0D4-9CF21052970A.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, borgified said:

Have you cracked open and fiddled with the 52toys green Dragon yet @iguanaman8989? I think @M'Kyuun might be interested in it and I'll get a copy eventually as I got to wait for some in stock from Amazon.

Yeah, he’s a fiddly beast, lots of moving bits, definitely going to keep the instructions close for going into box mode.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been trying to get ahold of one of these little mamas for a while now and finally snagged one.....

63124499091__D656C09F-A68E-46D5-9F6B-2867A7DB3D7D.thumb.jpeg.f594ad9811be8dc20daf31319ad1b154.jpeg

Not 1/100 scale, unfortunately....but, still scales well enough to party with some of the boys last night!

IMG_7710.thumb.jpeg.a2f1f14087a34d1a89c1abad74fec46e.jpeg

Happy New Year, everyone!  2021 has GOT to be better, right?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Right?

 

Edited by mantisfists
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...