Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

I don't think you are crazy Mommar. Not all toys are made equal even from the same production line. We all seem to have different problems withe the toys we buy. I still have not transformed the one I opened of the two I bought. I may actually have the head problem on mine, but will not know until I actually take the time out to play with it. I noticed it seemed like the head was not install right on the neck in fighter mode. It looked uneven and sounds like the problem that Psycho has.

My 19 also has the crooked head syndrome.

Mine also. :unsure: With all those problems mentioned with this figure, I still love it. And I'm still hoping to have a 2nd copy in the future for a decent price even without those missles. :wub:

Edited by no3ljm

my copy has a stiff neck issues. maybe the high MSRP made it arrogant? :p

but seriously, turning the head felt like it would stress the plastic - scary. But Im partially OK with it since Im keeping the head facing front

Partially OK because of the high MSRP. If its low, I might not mind it and would "surgically" correct the minor issues.

Edited by aaajin

So is there a running list/tab of known issues - those that are on multiple units from different members?

IIRC;

Crooked wings, or those that don't align perfectly in Fighter mode or are level with one another

Crooked head/neck

Loose, or loosening ankle ball joints

Prone to scratched paint in areas during transformation

It's too bad that there are a group of issues (small or major) impacting this release, even if most people seem to be satisfied (sans the price) with the purchase.

-b.

Ok after the description of the crooked head PsYcHoDyNaMiX gave I still have problems imagining what the problem is. I guess no amount of words will change this so can someone share some pictures of the issue that I can look at my toy and start hating it. ^_^

At the moment I think the problem is that the outer diameter of the two halves of the head turret has a different size so the neck cover won't sit flush on the toy. Is that what the issue is?

The issue I've noticed on several VF-19 molds, as well as this new YF-19, is that the head has a bit of room to slide on its mounting from side to side. It can make the small panels not lay flat, because the head is trying to fit into the space off-center.

I actually unscrewed the head on mine and pulled it off to see where this issue was coming from, but it wasn't really necessary, and it was a pain to screw back on because of the hinge pin in the way. It's just that the head can slip a little ways back and forth on the pegs it sits on.

How does this valk compare to the vf-4?

I still like my VF-4 much better. It's got great engineering, and not as many listed issues (the main one, if I remember, is having the missiles popping off from time to time). I love my YF-19. I don't have any of the issues listed above with mine, and even managed to transform it a couple times. It is a pain to transform, but I do it extremely carefully, so I take longer.

I still like my VF-4 much better. It's got great engineering, and not as many listed issues (the main one, if I remember, is having the missiles popping off from time to time). I love my YF-19. I don't have any of the issues listed above with mine, and even managed to transform it a couple times. It is a pain to transform, but I do it extremely carefully, so I take longer.

I would say it isn't as fun to pose in Battroid, but that's not a problem with the toy so much as it's a problem with the design to begin with. The arms aren't given much room for movement and it's incredibly top-heavy, but that's all consistent with the line art.

Certainly, to me, the plastic feels much higher quality on the VF-4.

I would say it isn't as fun to pose in Battroid, but that's not a problem with the toy so much as it's a problem with the design to begin with. The arms aren't given much room for movement and it's incredibly top-heavy, but that's all consistent with the line art.

Certainly, to me, the plastic feels much higher quality on the VF-4.

Wholeheartedly agree, but then again to me the VF-4G feels light years ahead of just about any other Yamato, Arcadia or Bandai release.

And while I certainly like my Arcadia YF-19 if I had to choose one, it'd be the VF-4 with no hesitation (even if I like YF-19 Battroid much, much better between the two).

-b.

Wholeheartedly agree, but then again to me the VF-4G feels light years ahead of just about any other Yamato, Arcadia or Bandai release.

And while I certainly like my Arcadia YF-19 if I had to choose one, it'd be the VF-4 with no hesitation (even if I like YF-19 Battroid much, much better between the two).

-b.

That's also one of the reasons why I feel the YF-19 is so disappointing. While the design is based off of the VF-19's they went back and had to redesign a lot of the parts and they added additional elements. I thought they would take what they learned from the VF-4 and integrate a lot of that into the YF-19 as well, which would make it higher quality then all the rest. Sadly they didn't.

Finally finished mine. Has stickers applied, panel lining, a little bit of weathering, an elongated landing gear and a new neck shield. I did not like the color of the original and it did not cover the whole neck. Made one with a 35mm film case, very easy and looks great. Not to be transformed for now, I will leave it in fighter for a long time.
alpha1.jpg
alpha2.jpg
alpha3.jpg
alpha4.jpg
alpha5.jpg
alpha6.jpg
alpha7.jpg
alpha8.jpg

looks great!

makes me itch to panel line mine too....but only if I could get another at a cheaper price to be displayed in fighter.

I'm waiting for another one too, so I can play with it. Arcadia will certainly do another version, so I will save some for the next YF-19.

Thanks for the compliments, I used a wash to panel line using acrylic black grey paint with its respective thinner. Some of the lines on the toy were not that deep. I had to make a little pass with an xacto knife on the shoulders and part of the shield so the paint can stay on the line. All the stickers including the kite logos were done by me. I used to sell these custom stickers for the Yamato YF-19.

For the inexperienced modeler, I recommend to panel line using a pencil. It can look good too if doing properly.

Finally finished mine. Has stickers applied, panel lining, a little bit of weathering, an elongated landing gear and a new neck shield. I did not like the color of the original and it did not cover the whole neck. Made one with a 35mm film case, very easy and looks great. Not to be transformed for now, I will leave it in fighter for a long time.

alpha2.jpg

Great job takatoys! It looks perfect. :wub: Btw, did you apply topcoat afterwards? And what kind of decal did you used, waterslide? Anyways, great job! ;)

Great job takatoys! It looks perfect. :wub: Btw, did you apply topcoat afterwards? And what kind of decal did you used, waterslide? Anyways, great job! ;)

Thanks, I am treating this as a toy and I am using regular stickers, so no topcoat. The stickers look good because I am using my own custom sheet that I made printed on an ultra thin 3M sheet. That's why it looks like decals.

Forgot to say that I added a little bit of black paint at the edge of the two top wing pegs. Looks way better and a very easy mod.

Edited by takatoys

Fantastic job Takatoys! Aboslurmely beautiful - now would someone PLEASE make waterslide decals for this beauty?!

That's a great tip to add that little bit of black to the canard wing pegs!