Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Fantastic job Takatoys! Aboslurmely beautiful - now would someone PLEASE make waterslide decals for this beauty?!

That's a great tip to add that little bit of black to the canard wing pegs!

Thank you Mr. Cheng, great to read a compliment from the master himself.

Let me check if some store sells decal paper in my country. If I find one, then I will try to see if it's feasible.

Edited by takatoys

Thanks, I am treating this as a toy and I am using regular stickers, so no topcoat. The stickers look good because I am using my own custom sheet that I made printed on an ultra thin 3M sheet. That's why it looks like decals.

Forgot to say that I added a little bit of black paint at the edge of the two top wing pegs. Looks way better and a very easy mod.

Let me check if some store sells decal paper in my country. If I find one, then I will try to see if it's feasible.

Thanks. So far no problem with the stickers when it transforms? I really envy people who does custom on this figures. :rolleyes: Good to know that it's just sticker since it looks like decal. And will look forward if ever you decided to sell this decals here. :)

Well its Sunday here, and raining, so got bored and made this silly little vid using my new lightbox to hopefully show off the YF-19 a bit better... enjoy!

Ooooh... I really want to have Fold Booster too. :unsure:

Great job takatoys! Your 19 is gorgeous, do you still make custom stickers?

I am not making more custom stickers. The 3M sheet that I was using is no longer made and I didn't find another material that can match the quality of the 3M.

I have the last 8 stickers for the YF-19. If anybody want one, I will sell it for US$10 each shipped anywhere. Send me a message for more details.

Mine arrived today... what a beauty ^_^

I´ve checked all possible issues comented so far, and all is perfect.

But I´ve noticed that the wings are perfectly balanced in "normal mode" and very disbalanced in "high speed mode", being the left wing almost 1/2 inch higher than the right one when bended backwards.

Anyone with same problem?

Mine arrived today... what a beauty ^_^

I´ve checked all possible issues comented so far, and all is perfect.

But I´ve noticed that the wings are perfectly balanced in "normal mode" and very disbalanced in "high speed mode", being the left wing almost 1/2 inch higher than the right one when bended backwards.

Anyone with same problem?

My wings don't even stay even when folded forward. I haven't bothered to compare in high speed because I don't like that mode at all. But it sucks you're having that wing instability.

Odeen's review:

For a self-professed massive fan of the YF-19 this guy doesn't really seem to know much about it at all. While the cockpit opening is a pain it's like he isn't even aware it's a split canopy on the YF-19.

He got a lot of things wrong. If I ever had any time I'd do my own video review and compare ALL of the various versions. He seems okay with it but his video highlights quite well just how awful the ankles continue to be.

So I received my Arcadia YF-19 yesterday from HLJ. The box was squished on the top side even if it was all neatly packed with those funny package balloons. I guess the package had a rough ride from Japan.

A quick inspection showed no damage on the wings and no missing parts.

I might have time to check it out on Sunday.

I liked the Arcadia VF-1S boxes so I'm sad that they changed it for the YF-19. The VF-1s had a nice Windows 8 look to them. Keep them consistent Arcadia! ^_^

I really don't like the missing vents and the color of the gun-pod. :angry:

Well it will not look good. ^_^

I wouldn't be disappointed if this was a mass market toy for kids but as a high end collectible I feel that it has to have the right color and the right detailing.

Edited by Scyla

Guest davidwhangchoi

So I received my Arcadia YF-19 yesterday from HLJ. The box was squished on the top side even if it was all neatly packed with those funny package balloons. I guess the package had a rough ride from Japan.

A quick inspection showed no damage on the wings and no missing parts.

I might have time to check it out on Sunday.

I liked the Arcadia VF-1S boxes so I'm sad that they changed it for the YF-19. The VF-1s had a nice Windows 8 look to them. Keep them consistent Arcadia! ^_^

I really don't like the missing vents and the color of the gun-pod. :angry:

congrats on getting yours! are you planning to transform it?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Well it will not look good. ^_^

I wouldn't be disappointed if this was a mass market toy for kids but as a high end collectible I feel that it has to have the right color and the right detailing.

Agree on the detailing but I like the color! :)

I've been begging for those since before the old Yamato YF-19 even came out. :p At least, I think I have, I don't recall when those schemes first appeared, but I remember comparing the Yamato CAD drawings with that custom transforming Hasegawa, so I'm assuming they came out before it.

Edited by Chronocidal

Guest davidwhangchoi

looks fake, there's no thrust flames/glow or heat coming from the engines/ only the missiles have smoke. guys, don't be fooled... these are not live photos, these planes cannot fly.

the guy must be holding them sky diving in the background. that's the only way to explain the amazing backgrounds.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

looks fake, there's no thrust flames/glow or heat coming from the engines/ only the missiles have smoke. guys, don't be fooled... these are not live photos, these planes cannot fly.

the guy must be holding them sky diving in the background. that's the only way to explain the amazing backgrounds.

Well if we're going there, the wings didn't look crooked either - so obviously everything, including the YF-19's are Photoshopped.

-b.

*ps - sorry, couldn't resist :D

congrats on getting yours! are you planning to transform it?

I do. However I don't know if I should get some tape to protect it from paint scratches.

The endangered parts are the black paint behind the canopy and the one where the nosecone detaches in front of the cockpit right?