Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Also, Bandai has no sense of scale for pilot figures. :p:lol:

Nor do they have any sense of landing gears too! Great at robot proportions and details, but anything aircraft related? Its just hopeless, just like their Yukikaze kits.

Yes, the 1/72 scale resins are by Platz and they are great. It's the Bandai 1/100 EX kits that have horribly fat/huge landing gear struts like robot arms and barrels for tires that I'm referring too. To their credit, they did actually issue a "renewal" revision 1.5 of their kits that slimmed down the landing gears a little - but still horribly out of scale along with panel lines that just seem to end in the middle of a section.

Good luck with the customer service rout, but unless you got yours from HLJ I wouldn't hold my breath.

In the mean time, since that hinge loop is ABS, you can try to fix it by using a plastc weld (TENAX 7R or Ambroid PRO WELD for example) on the crack -- DO NOT use CA glue: Carefully push out the pin to dissassemble the hinge; apply the liquid solvent to an edge of the break to let capillary action carry the weld into the crack; clamp the broken piece shut as best you can with small pliers or anything you have that will allow you to mantain steady, controlled, pressure on the join -- you should see some melted plastic ooze from it; keep the join crimped together for at least an hour -- better overnight; cut, scrape, file, or sand the bit of plastic that got pushed out during the repair -- if you do it right it will be hard to tell it was ever broken; the diameter of the hole will now be slightly smaller than before, so drill, file, or broach it to the diameter of the pin, brace the hinge assembly perpendicular to the hinge hole and push the pin back in, and you're done.

I guess we should all check that bit just to see if it's cracked on ours too, huh?

You first man! ^_^

At this current moment in time if this is a panic button issue I'm good with remaining blissfully ignorant.

-b.

Ah dammit...I just finally got this bird and I get this. I'm not sure if it's a common issue for the nosecone piece not to fit entirely perfectly in plane mode but it's really annoying to look at! Is anyone else having this problem?

I had this and I fixed it myself. Search my post in this thread.

Even more odd, the padded stool he landed on is equipment they keep on hand for exactly that purpose.

Which begs the question: just how trouble-prone is the front gear on an AV-8B, anyway?!