Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

It leans at an angle. It's more noticeable when looking at the back of the head while it's stored in fighter mode, and comparing it with the neck. Right now I'm forced to use the optional neck cover just so that it's somewhat less conspicuous. I'd like to take a pic and show you exactly, but I've never figured out how to post pictures on this site without having to attach them as files or uploading them to a website and linking from there (I have no registration at any of those sites).

Oh, and aside from the tilted head, did anyone have an issue with the Gerwalk joint? On my copy, one of the ratchets on these joints is so hard to collapse. It folds out easily enough, but trying to collapse back for the final ratchet feels like I'm gonna break it. Even though I try putting in more pressure than I've ever used on any other Macross toy, it still won't budge. Right now, the only solution I have is to take the hip apart at that joint and reposition it in the collapsed position before putting it back together. But of course it's a real hassle to have to do it every time. I've tried shaving off a bit of the plastic on the separate "ratchet lock piece", but I'm worried that if I overdo it and shave it off incorrectly, I'll end up rendering the entire ratchet system loose or useless.

The trick for that final Gerwalk joint is that it's at a pretty steep angle. If you push up and inward towards the joint it clicks in a lot easier.

• 1 month later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

with the yen to usd rate today, that's the same deal as last years yf-19 blk friday deal. (for US dollars)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Any sweeter I'll probably get diabetes. Especially if VF-0D PO pops at the same time. - out of topic, when did the PO for the YF-19 come out? Shouldn't the PO for the 0D to come out a month earlier since it is releasing a month earlier relative to the YF-19?

The initial PO for the YF-19 was in early October (I have an order acknowledgment from HLJ dated 10/4 and Hobby Search on 10/5) - certainly not exact dates but I know I ordered one as soon as it was available to do so.

-b.

OK, so this is a bit random:

i went to put the 19 back to being a single seater, replacing the shielded back area.

I have tried to put this piece back in, but damned if i can do so. I'm vaguely worried this might be for the previous 19, but can't tell the difference. It IS a slightly darker plastic than the cockpit grey, so that may be the issue.

IMG_4493_zpsbb28a264.jpg

IMG_4494_zpsd236a8d1.jpg

Is that the right piece?

It doesn;t seem to be fitting in at all.

Edited by Scream Man

Have those 2 handy now. Old 19 piece has a peg on the back, new 19's don't. New is a little bit more dark. Also the casted details are a little bit diferent and are a bit more sharp in the new piece. The one you pictured is the old one.

Edited by Froy

I was planning to display my YF-19 in fighter mode on the stand for the first time. However, is it just me or is the stand adapter for fighter mode absolutely incompetent at holding the plane? For me, the front two clips will not hold on to the Valk at all...

Is this a common issue and has anyone found a way to resolve it?

I was planning to display my YF-19 in fighter mode on the stand for the first time. However, is it just me or is the stand adapter for fighter mode absolutely incompetent at holding the plane? For me, the front two clips will not hold on to the Valk at all...

Is this a common issue and has anyone found a way to resolve it?

Chaotic Yeti made an adapter for the YF-19 for the YetiStand, the adapter should just plug into the Yamato/Arcadia stand. Check out this thread http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41509&page=14 there are some pics of the adapter and inquire about purchasing it. Hope that helps.

Edited by Saburo

Thanks a ton for the advice! Really appreciate it. For the time being, I have used a pair of pliers and bent the two front clips inward and it seems to be holding up fine for now. As a temporary solution, it works okay, but I'll definitely consider getting one of those stands. (^.^)

Is it my eyes playing tricks on me, lighting, or are the white missiles, landing gears and their bays slightly pinkish? I didn't really notice until last week and I thought it was just the effect of afterimages from staring too long while spraying my 19, but it continues to look pinkish to me.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Is it my eyes playing tricks on me, lighting, or are the white missiles, landing gears and their bays slightly pinkish? I didn't really notice until last week and I thought it was just the effect of afterimages from staring too long while spraying my 19, but it continues to look pinkish to me.

arcadia whites = pinkish white.