1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Back to the VF-4 news which I just saw on the front page. :(

Darn...Yamato's only going to release the VF-X variant...not the FB2012 version.

Looks like I'll have to do some customizing.

I had a look at the Macross Digital Mission game on Youtube, a video by VFS55, and the VF-4 in that doesn't look too bad. It seemed to have a fair number of red patches or printing, so it may not end up looking too bad. Was i looking at the correct colour scheme?

Back to the VF-4 news which I just saw on the front page. :(

Darn...Yamato's only going to release the VF-X variant...not the FB2012 version.

Looks like I'll have to do some customizing.

It was rather interesting on how Yamato worded their statement.

They wrote: "we're not doing the Flashback 2012 VF-4, we're doing the VF-X game VF-4, the one which transforms".

Edited by Vifam7

Deffinately WANT one...will I be able to get one, though, is entirely up to yamato's price. :(

Chris

I know how you feel cause it's like Yamato is pricing some people out with each subsequent new release. But the VF-4G deserves to be in everyones collection. We all have to start saving a few dollars here and there.

I really like that picture, but every time I see it I just keep thinking of some a$$hole tail gating you! Like why is the VF-22 up his ass like that lol!

As for saving up, been trying, but with other things coming out the funds keep going elsewhere...plus 2 kids, house, birthdays, Christmas ect ect..

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Well, that saves me a lot of money, though I am disappointed not to have a VF-4 after all these years. Maybe in a couple years they can get the license...

Does that mean you'll stop complaining about it now? We've known what version they were releasing for months! How is this just now a problem?

It's a bummer that it's not in the FB2012 scheme, but that's not going to stop me from getting one. It's a VF-4!! It could come in pink and I still wouldn't care. Just take my money Yamato!!!

I'm soooo down for a group buy when/if one ever gets started.

I don't have a problem with the version AT ALL. If they make one later, so be it, but I'm probably a small minority that doesn't need another Hikaru fighter to display. Variety is where it's at for me. I still plan to get 2.

Does that mean you'll stop complaining about it now? We've known what version they were releasing for months! How is this just now a problem?

The fact that they've confirmed that there won't be a FB2012 version coming in the future.

There's a big difference between "the first release won't be Hikaru's" and "we're never going to make Hikaru's".

A similar example would be a Luca renewal VF-25. It hasn't been announced yet, but it could very well be the next one, so some people are passing on Mikhail's, etc waiting for it. But if they were to announce next month that they WON'T be making a Luca renewal--well that changes things.

I don't think they confirmed they're never going to make the FB2012 one. Just not in the immediate future. We never knew they would eventually start making M7 toys. And by Macrossworld logic that means a million to one is still a chance.

Or was that from Chicken Run?

Actually that's the definition of chance in any logic. But Yamato has surprised us in the past. I remember the heat people gave others that thought the 1/60 VF-1 should be revisited or even the a whole new 19 sculpt. The Macross in 2 scales and as mentioned the Mac 7 license. The truth is you just can't say that one thing will be a 100% impossibility. A lot of people jump on other's throats about bringing up such a possibility like they are nuts or some crazy fan boy, but then the toy does come out and they want to be the first to review it and can't wait THEIR fanboy drool all over it... "ZOMFG! I luv this toy, it was made just for me!!! everyone else hates Yamato! Macrossworld sux again"