1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

That could be where the toolmaker located the gate on that part; I don't have mine yet (hasn't even shipped), so I can't be sure, but if I'm right it's both bad and good news: bad because all examples will have some degree of chin "rot" that will depend on the deftness of the person cutting them from the sprue, and good because it looks to be an easy location to lightly file, sand, and polish so that the blemish disappears.

After all these informative pictures, my valkyrie is still at the post office, i figured i will be able to get it by monday!... really hope it be here soon for the weekend.

btw guys, i don't think the VF-4G will be released again, i think it'd be a one time released..for those who like to get it quick before you have to pay a premium.. HLJ is out of stock already.. the rest of the places.. probably will be outta stock as well soon.

My VF-4 is already in transit from Japan. It has to arrived to the US and then forwared to Panama, I'll probably get it by the end of first week or beginning 2nd week 2013.

Damn it, that chin close up is terrifying!! I really hope is a one off thing or I'll be pissed again with Yamato, after almost 4 years of not buying anything Yamato.

And I just ordered another one................ <_<

BTW, Nippon-Yasan still has them available, the price has been lowered to 296.18 + 54.66 and got billed a total of 350 with current Yen.

So if you still want to grab one and don't mind NY extra shipping charge you better hurry.

No, it's kind of awesome... because it means it's 1/60 scale instead of some oddball off scale size. :)

but I subscribe to the idea that the VF-4 is just freakishly large and taller than all the other valks out their.

I can't believe I sat down and watched all of those at one in the morning. Definitely do not regret getting two of these B))

...have the urge to cut that guy's pinky fingernail though :mellow:

Edited by xrentonx

I can't believe I sat down and watched all of those at one in the morning. Definitely do not regret getting two of these B))

...have the urge to cut that guy's pinky fingernail though :mellow:

Lol, i thought the same thing. But I'm sure he is just too much into his work and probably uses it to handle small parts. I cannot imagine that he keeps it for aesthetic reasons, or worse!

Edited by Dimis

Damn seeing that nail popup on camera everytime was disturbing, I know a lot of asian people who keep their pinky finger long, but not as long as that guy, they never tell me why. Yamato should add an acrylic pinky nail for us to properly transform out valk!! :p

Something I never noticed on the pictures before, why the hell is "Made in China" tampoed in huge black letters on the wing!!? looks horrible!

Video quality wasn't too good, but at plain view the chin didn't look all beat up and its properly covered during transformation.

This vid was pretty good! glad I ordered another one, one thing I learned from this video though, it will be a very easy custom into a FB2012 scheme.

Edited by Valkyrie addict