How many people own a green VF-27? (1/60 DX)

David Hingtgen

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a green CF/Grace?

• Yes I own one.

aaaahh ic ic.. well no Mac F valks yet.. the only mac F i have are some sheryl figures....hmmm will keep that in mind in the near future maybe...how is the quality?

Quality is a mixed bag.

Articulation is better than the 25, it has the thigh swivels but it has the same problems with the wonky shoulder pivot point. GERWALK mode is much better than the 25 but maybe not as aggressive as on yamato.

Plastic quality is the same as the 25's.. so it's glossy and comes covered in mold release. Paint is still a bit delicate with some people having problems with it scratching off though if you follow the instructions you should be alright.

Joints seem to be self atrophying over time like the 25's have been doing but there haven't been the same sort of reports of the hinges cracking like some of the 25's have.

Details are a LOT better. much better pilot figure, better landing gears, jewel inserts for the sensors.

They're nice. If you're a fan of the design you shouldn't feel nervous about picking one up.

Don't forget that the legs actually go up high enough to fit flush with the back plate etc in fighter mode, that's one of the big improvements over the -25. Overall I think the -27 is 10x better than the -25, when it comes to the DX version.

And of course, Grace's is olive-green. Fairly unique color for a valk--Brera's would have been unique if not for Nora, but now it just seems like a copy of Nora's, minus the gold. The Sv-51 and VF-27 both have that Russian-Flanker-spiky-canards look to them, so having TWO in the same general magenta color seems redundant, considering how few "main character" valks we've gotten in the past decade. Only other green valk I can think of is Luca's, and his is a pale minty green.

Would you want to get rid of it? I've been tempted like Graham at one point, but last time I checked locally and in Tokyo, the price was going off the roof.

I thought hard about it, but decided I might regret if I sell it. Sorry man.

I've planned, in years to come, when finally Yamato gets a license to make MF valks, I would display the DX in fighter mode and the Yammies in Battroid mode. :)

I love this valk, it looks like hell on toast.

I dont have one yet but my next purchase is a toss up between this or one of the VF-11's.

If it really is a toss-up and you like both designs equally, I would suggest the VF-11.

I have a green DX 27 but it's so floppy and loose that it's hard to pose it in any way at all now. It definitely is a vast improvement over the 25, and I'm very glad I got it, it looks cool and menacing, but it seems that all Bandais are destined to become floppy lumps of crap eventually.

I got my VF-22 in the same week and it's as stiff as the day I took it out of the box.